LEDs for true stealth growing - hr...Come on Down!

hi slips..i am still trying to find the chip that has 303 lm/w or even remotely close

as far as i could find on the mouser/cree links ..it was

High Efficacy all the way to 3 Amps!
The XM-L2 has a unique combination of high efficacy and lumen output which is even prevalent at high drive currents. Running at the maximum 3 Amps, the XM-L2 will deliver 1198 lumens at 116 lumens-per-watt!

i read the whole cree tech specs and never even saw what wattage it was..let alone lm/w

i did see some 460 etc lm..but the chip would gave to be 1.5 w to get close to their claim..

i know you can read these things way better than mr and would appreciate help

i have some nocbia cobs that powered soft should give me over 175 lm/w but 400 lm/w sounds way better ..hahaha

all the best

those "citizens" are a good value..364 w...powered at even 182...are effiecient..and at 91..would be crazy good..

and cree has a new one just out..

even the cheaepr under driven nichias i have are around 180lm/w

I've been reading a lot more about Fluence Bioengineering LED systems. They have a vast research platform geared towards special plants. It would be hard to say who is the best ATM! :$1:

i will say that
the small diy companies[links here]
are making just a good effective gear as the
much more expensive advertised ones

that said:

the mentioned brand name ones have some interesting..controller boxed

If one spends the time to learn what LED's are about, what is needed and desired, and than just shop for the lamp that has what you need, usually you do get the best deal for your dollar this way.

You can go with china made drivers or LED's, or one can go with higher quality drivers and LEDs, but researching out what these are also takes ones time, so many do just read the box and buy what grabs their eyes in hopes it works as stated.

Stealth is why I use them, not totally off the board on yield yet, but still trying to figure shit out, no more HYDRO for me I think, more feed to waste with coco/peralite medium in say 3 gallon cloth bags ?

I just need to produce more meds for myself than I currently do, quality has not been bad at all, but quantity is not enough for me yet.......................
:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:

Research and study what your plant needs, research and study what are the better drivers and LED's, who offers the better warranty repair set up, and than search out the LED lamp you want to use to grow with.

And please do remember this, not always what it says on the box is what you get in the product, many will switch things up when making these lamps (lower end price units seem to be the most done) and it takes some knowledge to know what you are looking at. I do think this keeps a few growers away from it, but I say it is worth the time and effort, even if one just does moms and vegy stage, a savings is a savings, and I do think I grow healthier plants under LEDs as long as you give a full spectrum to the plants.
:puffpuffpass: to much this AM, or is it the coffee.:flyguy:

hi y'all;

we're currently set up w/over 1 doz different t5 fixtures w/the appropriate led tubes; 3 full hood 350w & 2 150w, 3 300w & 1 600w flat fixtures. they are all @ various heights based on shelving distances(testing the distance between various types & heat susceptibility). the flat fixtures are different types of bulbs 2 all white & several multi-color lights. i haven't been looking for ind specs, just watching which fixture/combination grows best. interesting the penetration you get. no preconceived ideas, just results(as scientific as i can get for now)

when the results are in, i'll let ya know which combination worked best, here.

new tech toys.

A

I'm waiting on my first led light kit. It's a quantum. I'm running three qb304 's off a HLG-320H-C2800. The guys there told me to hook up the boards in parallel but I've heard it can be dangerous and have only seen them run in series. Dose this combo require them to be in parallel or can they be hooked up in series? Thanks guys

Back