LEDs for true stealth growing - hr...Come on Down!

That's pretty interesting. Tried to find the chips themselves but only came up with their aquarium fixtures. Seems to be china based..with possible spotty customer service records.

I've heard of uv "pump" blues but never heard of broad range reds. Sounds good but I doubt they are very efficient.

White leds from cree and reds from luxeon or osram are still probably the most efficient leds available covering the spectrum well enough.

The white and red led design seems to be taking off as of late...lol. Almost every company is changing there spectrum to this setup. Probably be the best for a while...at least until specially made chips are produced like the ones this company is using...that are both spectrally correct AND efficient.

Those new led street lights are super bright. They seem brighter than the hps and mh lights they replaced. Seems weird that they can't penetrate a plant canopy farther if they are that bright outside.

[YOUTUBE]lOR6pBXTVsI[/YOUTUBE]

was trying to find a video about par readings in gavitas when you dim them and stumbled across that video

Is hydrorascal still around he was my mentor a hundred years ago and lost contact with him met him at Compassion corner great guy and very opinioned treated me like I was his son Loved the guy and have nothing but respect for him...

Peacebiscuit, have not seen hydrorascal in years, I have one of his first LED cloners, and I wish he was around so I could figure out what he did so I could get it running again.
It is old school LEDs, but he did spend the time to find out about light spectrum and what seedlings really loved and needed to get growing. Hope all the best.

I am running this in a veg tent, impressed, reallly impressed, heat rise is 4 degrees above ambient inside tent, fans draw heat up thru lights and out top, ideal for tent

The Blackstar series of LED lights have been the world's best selling line of LED grow lights since 2008. Although there were 6 versions and multiple upgrades over the 5 years of production, this represents the first complete redesign since the inception of the LED that brought 3w chips to the market. Lighthouse Hydro is one of 3 oldest LED manufacturers, and that experience and customer base has given them the opportunity to know what changes were needed and desired. This new Blackstar Light has been formulated to maximize the color spectrums needed for vegetative or flowering growth.

Specifications

• Size: 15.75" x 8.375"
  • Coverage Area: 3' x 2' (6 Square Feet)
  • LED Chipset: 3W
  • Number of LED's: 80
  • Rated Hours: 40,000
  • Bands: 6 Band
  • Red: 630, 660nm
  • Infrared: 730nm
  • Ultraviolet: 380nm
  • White: 12000k
  • Worldwide Voltage: 90v-240v
  • Modular Power Cord (Available in US, UK, EU, AU)
  • Warranty: 1 Year Warranty

Attachments

• the tent.jpg
    the tent.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 7
Glad to see this thread still going. Has any one looked at the diamond series xml-350"s or the Spyder 600led's? They're really pricey but seem very promising. Someone i know is thinking of setting up a small spot and got me researching this again.:whistle:

Glad to see this thread still going. Has any one looked at the diamond series xml-350"s or the Spyder 600led's? They're really pricey but seem very promising. Someone i know is thinking of setting up a small spot and got me researching this again.:whistle:

no but i am testing[bought it]

spectrumledking 440 w against 1000w hps in a Raptor hood

,no fan ,can be hosed down , full spectrum,led unit, looks like stadium lighting

its not cheap but so far its doing a good job...i will only know after flowering

hi y'all;

of of the last talks i attended was discussing led research. they are narrowing down lighting spectrum, that can pinpoint specific traits. different kelvin temp configurations, will enhance the flavor profiles. emphasizing pine. citrus or whatever flavors. it also seems to affect, color & aroma.

in the not to distant future, we'll likely be able to dial in exact traits we're looking for.

bonne chance!
A

Wow, it never stop amazing me.
I also see some uv additions to the arrays now. I'm curious how this impacts the end product. Glad to see the progression in the technology.

Have they got the LED lights lack of canopy penetration fixed?

I can't afford them yet, & I still like MH. But the LED lights do have the heat & cost of electric problems solved.

Sounds like LEDs are coming along. That's a good thang.

ZZ

no but i am testing[bought it]

spectrumledking 440 w against 1000w hps in a Raptor hood

,no fan ,can be hosed down , full spectrum,led unit, looks like stadium lighting

its not cheap but so far its doing a good job...i will only know after flowering
VERY interested in how this is doing, been eyeing them for a bit now and still haven't decided if i wanna pull the trigger or go with sunsystem lec's for my next lighting...please keep us posted on how the spectrum king does for you

VERY interested in how this is doing, been eyeing them for a bit now and still haven't decided if i wanna pull the trigger or go with sunsystem lec's for my next lighting...please keep us posted on how the spectrum king does for you

>so far it is keeping up in veg no prob ...i am surprised..

flowering will tell though...

the only people who hate it so far are the ones who have never tried it....
i have heard testimonials from the guy i get gear from

he said they did a test with co2

hps/1000w 1.9 lbs

400plus[440 w] 1.7 and higher quality

145 plants per light

i thonk one plant perlight would rock..it has great penetration

seeing as he agreed with me about solis ballasts blowing constantly when he was adealer for them i kind of believe in his honesty...

but talk is inexpensive..we will see

It looks like 2010 ish was when efficiency outdid hps ... and 2014 we could actually afford the diodes ...

7B789B7800DB452CADAA6E6849EC6AF9.ashx

About to pry off my old arrays and switch to CXA3070 93 cri leds

182819_588054.gif

Last edited:
Back