IPA`s

just recently had the most intense and tasty IPA - its a double smoked IPA made at my local brewing company - the brew master worked at Stone in San Diego for a few years before striking out on his own - the Stone IPA is very good but the double smoked local brew is the best IPA I have ever had - hands down - also it comes in at 9.7% alcohol so its not only incredibly tasty but kicks like a mule!

another really good IPA I that stands out for me was Mount Tamalpais IPA - though Im not sure if that brew co is still in business

Champlain Chocolates in Burlington, Vermont is putting out a limited bar for the 2013 Burlington Jazz Festival.

Experience rich milk chocolate filled with hop-infused, malted caramel — in a limited-edition chocolate bar celebrating the 2013 Burlington Discover Jazz Fest! Infused with Cascade hops and sweetened with Long Trail Brewery’s house-made barley malt, our caramel exhibits a heady blend of herbal, citrus fruit, and tea notes. A virtuoso performance of chocolate and beer, every bite will have you shouting “Encore!”

Anvil Chorus: How does one make hard cider? Just let apple juice ferment?

Alabaster: Beer with a "mouth feel"? What you been schmokin, son? But I would like to try that "Small Batch 471" 9.2% alcohol? Holy Jebus, I have seen the light!

1. yes ferment apple juice. or pear juice. or cherry juice. or a blend. or or or...

2. i'm sure he's smoking something good... but he's still right about mouth feel... an ipa brewed w/ oatmeal is gonna have a different viscosity than the same relative beer brewed w/ say, wheat, instead....

... and 9.2 ain't even close to a real strong beer... just the beginning if looking at "imperial" IPA's

much love and happy drinkin!

I brought a few IPAs with me from the midwest. Three Floyds Dreadnaught and Arctic Panzer Wolf as well as Founders Double Trouble. There might be others but I packed 4 cases of stuff out of my cellar for the move cross country.

Alabaster: Beer with a "mouth feel"? What you been schmokin, son? But I would like to try that "Small Batch 471" 9.2% alcohol? Holy Jebus, I have seen the light![/QUOTE]

I was just showing off that I've read a book all about drinking beer, and rating them, and yes.... Mouth feel is one of the categories! But that Double Hopped Breckenridge 471, small batch really has a pronounced mouth feel. Try it once! Hell, ya know what? I'm just going to send you that book. I've read it, and you may find it interesting. Who wouldn't? At least if you're a beer lover. So why not? PM me your addy!:clap:

Pliny is the best, for sure. Also the Denogginizer by Drake's brewing is solid. Same goes for the "Aroma Coma" also by Drakes.

For accessible stuff, Lagunitas IPA is my go to.

My fav has been Stones Ruination... Loved their 11th anniversary Black IPA which is now in production called Sublimely Self Righteous. Mmm.... Lagunitas Maximus.... Victory's Hop Devil...

So many good beers out there!

Think I have to find this Pliny and Aroma Coma on my next trip.

Enjoying a Sam Smith's organic cherry ale at the moment. Smells and tastes great. Definitely a great way to start (or end) the day. :teeth:

WTF! I'm in what's been voted Beer City USA for the 3rd year in a row! Brew Pubs everywhere! My home brew tastes better than all of that high gravity stuff! It's so chill here right now though, that I've resorted to Woodford Reserve, and Elmer T. Glee single barrel Bourbons! What's with summer? 60 degrees in August, with 50 degree nights? I'm calling Al Gore damn it! It's all his fault!:kendo2:

on 10 9 13 this beer was released in these states by the name "Stone Enjoy By 11.12.13 IPA"

You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers – especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs – we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the label, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and consumers. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

next special batch available for a couple of weeks starting 10/09/13 in these states

i got mine for 6.99 a bottle 22 oz and its supreme,,

Connecticut
Delaware
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Massachusetts
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
North Carolina
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Virginia
Vermont

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 8
That looks AWESOME GoldenState! Thanks for sharing.... Their Ruination is my favorite IPA 2nd is the formerly known as 11th anniversary aka Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale.

Gotta find this one tomorrow!

last time i was at my favortie beer joint "the beer den" i was able to have a couple glasses of epic brewery's Notorious IPA... damn thing is 13% abv and damn drinkable...

a couple 10 oz glasses of that and i was feeling GREAT!

and not an ipa... but another awesome beer i tried there was a creme brulee stout... name says it all:monkey3::applause:

Back