IPA`s

labud

Over the last few months I've turned into a hophead ...its an acquired taste ..

Started out with union jack and racer5 and lately have been enjoying sculpin and pliny

Any other hoppyheads out there?

Pliny is good stuff for sure, so is the Racer 5. Have you tried the Stone Double IPA? That is probably my favorite in the IPA style. Stone's normal IPA, Eel River's Organic IPA, and Anderson Valley's 20th Anniversary Double IPA are also all very good.

Haven't tried Union Jack or Sculpin, who makes them?

Firestone walker makes union jack and ballast point makes sculpin...at 7% you only need 2,3 and a bowl and yer there

A new bar opened in the area ...35 beers on tap...all ca. All micro ....people here are really enjoying the place
I've sampled the ones you've mentioned there all on tap and excellent as well
Anyone in L.A checkout Tonys darts away in burbank

Last edited:
Stone also makes Maximus - a delicious hoppy pale.

try - Dale's Pale Ale if you get it in your area - made here in Lyons, CO.

West coast are you? San Diego has the Green Flash Brewery - makes West Coast IPA. My liquor store doesn't get much of this in ever, so when I see 12 or 18 in the cooler I buy them out. yum...

Ska brewery out of Durango CO makes Modus Hoperandi. Don't bet this one makes it West.

Theres a few
fh

Lagunitas IPA - Hands down my fav by far,, they are out of Petaluma, CA , northern Cali..

They have a ton of good micro beer..

I met there rep. A month ago ...they have a brewery night once a week featuring a Ca. Brewery

Ill take a pic of there IPA menu next time in...here's non IPA list

I'm not much into drinking beer of spirits but I did stop off at the northcoast brewery and had a few Prankqsters with my steak...mighty tasty brew:rog:

They have Old Rasputin on nitro tap? I'm jealous, not even the brewery here serves that.

DogFishHead 60 minute IPA or if I am feeling extra hoppy....90 minute IPA.
I rarely have one, don't remeber the last time I drank, but when I do, I enjoy one or two at the most maybe a couple times a year.
My wife has about a 6 pack or so of the 60 minute a week....so anytime I get the hankering I could indulge. I wish she would just smoke down....forget that....then I would have less!! :)

Hop Stoopid is my fav. Lagunitas makes it and I've found it better out of the bottle than the keg at my local pub.

correction - lauganitas makes the Maximus, not Stone. It's a good one but I haven't had their others. rest assured I will shortly though.... laughing.
thanks
fh

currently in my fridge is stone, racer 5 and drakes. beauty of living in so. cali so many good ones to choose from. pizza port in carlsbad. great pies & ipas
blessings

I was drinkin racer 5 yesterday while watching mon. Night football

I finished off with populist ..tastes like they squeezed raw hops into beer before serving

Incredibly aromatic

my favorite IPA is INDICA from lost coast brewery, i could drink gallons of that stuff if it didnt fuck you up so much.

laguanitas IPA is very good too specially if you get it fresh.

Lagunitas just showed up at my beer store... going to try that one this week.

I agree, anything by DogFish Head is delicious!

Also like FlyingDog's IPA when I want a bargain.

the IPAs aren't to much to my taste..but I've tried many over the years..
Laugunitas is an excellent brewery..
to me nothing matches the beer in Bavaria..I was there in August..perfect balance in hops and malt..Paulaner was outstanding..the shit they send us sucks but there it's like drinking nectar:friday:

Back