IPA`s

Love the hoppy brews.

My favs:

1. Lagunitas - both the regular IPA and the "little sumpin'" ale w/ 9.9% alc.
2. Stone IPA - the hops are super floral and citrusy which I like
3. Dogfish 60/90

You should also check out the Sierra Nevada celebration ale, which is a double-hopped ale with high alcohol. Pretty tasty.

Sierra Nevada Celebration is in the fridge now... good stuff.

Also got to try Hop Stupid by Lagunita's this week. That was one hell of a bottle of beer!

I try to drink one a day! For medicinal purposes of course. The Germans have discovered that IPA actually kills Prostate Cancer Cells! I read it in a post by one of our fearless leaders on this site(WTF is his name)! Then I heard it on NPR too!

tonite it's a Drake's Denogginizer
an imperial stout i.p.a 9.75% with 90 ibus
pretty tasty. paired it with some bubblehash.
finito for the nite.
L&R

Bump,

IPAs are my fav

Have some lagunitas sucks, Pliny the Elder, Alpine Duet, and some others in the fridge

Best cheap IPA

is Sierra Nevada Torpedo 12 bucks for a 12 pack :friday:

Last edited:
I love just about all of them, but my fav's are Founders Centennial IPA, and Lagunita's IPA. I really love going to the area brew pubs where they have floor to ceiling windows so you can watch them brew. I also love Lagunita's Maximus which is like an extra hoppy, extra alcohol IPA they make. I think it's got almost 10% alcohol in her, and still tastes damn good! They've got many interesting beers out there. It wouldn't be right if I didn't mention that I enjoy a Stone's IPA from time to time. If it isn't the best there is already! Founders is close, so I reach for a Growler of theirs quite often.

I've been drinking a lot of union jack lately ...I save the sculpin for special occasions...4 is my limit ..they pack a punch...

I've been drinking a lot of union jack lately ...I save the sculpin for special occasions...4 is my limit ..they pack a punch...

Love sculpin it's so fruity, it's pricey, but not really when you compare it to Blind Pig & Pliny the Elder. I have to try the union jack I LOVE firestones DBA fresh that beer is delcious.

I love just about all of them, but my fav's are Founders Centennial IPA, and Lagunita's IPA. I really love going to the area brew pubs where they have floor to ceiling windows so you can watch them brew. I also love Lagunita's Maximus which is like an extra hoppy, extra alcohol IPA they make. I think it's got almost 10% alcohol in her, and still tastes damn good! They've got many interesting beers out there. It wouldn't be right if I didn't mention that I enjoy a Stone's IPA from time to time. If it isn't the best there is already! Founders is close, so I reach for a Growler of theirs quite often.

Have you tryed Hop Stoopid by lagunitas? It's my fave IPA by them, straight up fruit bomb to the mouth, very well balanced. Hard to go wrong with lagunitas.

Alot of these beers use special copyrighted hops like citra hops, just like cannabis you have alot of people trying to get their hands on that one special plant.

Citra™, HBC 394
Citra™ is a special aroma hop variety developed by the Hop Breeding Company (a joint venture between John I. Haas, Inc. and Select Botanicals Group, LLC). It was released in 2007. Citra™ has fairly high alpha acids and total oil contents with a low percentage of cohumulone content. The variety imparts interesting citrus and tropical fruit characters to beer.

Better India Pale Ales commonly available

'Ya can't go wrong with anything from the Stone Brewing Company.
My favorite is "Arrogant Bastard"

Sierra Nevada makes a very good IPA: "Torpedo"

Jeezzzzz...I love my bitter beers. Founders Brewery in Grand Rapids, MI, makes a bunch of great beers.

T

Well Shoes.... ya know you can come up to my place and we can spend an evening drinking Founders brews while we watch them make them. Smoker friendly too!

I love bitter beers and rarely drink anything else.

My current fave is Flower Power, from Ithaca Beer.

Also like me some Stone brews, their regular IPA is nice, Arrogant Bastard and Ruination IPA also nice. The only problem with West Coast IPAs is the 3000 miles they have to travel to get here.

Ipswich and Smuttynose make nice IPAs. Wormtown makes a nice one but it's overpriced. The local breweries around here are still making weak, mild-mannered brews, so I'm waiting for a truly local IPA to knock my sox off.

Here in Oregon, I could drink a local IPAeveryday of the year and never have to repeat a beer. Double mountains vaporizer is good, so is calderas IPA

My favs are Dogfishhead 60/90 and Green Flash West Coast IPA.

Pliney is tough to get around here, want to try that sometime.

IDK why, but most breweries here in Colorado front range suck with very few exceptions.

There's a bar here that always has pliney on tap , but I got pissed at the bartender for ejecting Jeff Beck I was playing on the juke box ...so I never went back....who doesn't like Jeff Beck!?
It's hard to find here in L. A. too (pliney}

There's a bar here that always has pliney on tap , but I got pissed at the bartender for ejecting Jeff Beck I was playing on the juke box ...so I never went back....who doesn't like Jeff Beck!?
It's hard to find here in L. A. too (pliney}

this is a good tool to find taps if you live in a big city

http://www.taphunter.com/

Pliny the younger is coming out in a few months. I can't wait I've never had it

I am an IPA lover for sure. It, plus my hard ciders and coffee stouts, are commonly in production in my house year round (home brewer).

I am fond of SKA's Modus Hoperandi and Euphoria, Odell's Saint Lupulin, Deschutte's Red Chair, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's, G'Knight Imperial Red, and Gubna IPA's...

Hell, I love astringent beer so I will try just about any of them, but I must admit I am more fond of local and regional selections. It isn't because I think they are better, but it is a pride thing when dealing with the history of brewing in Colorado. I love to celebrate it.

One beer I am unquestionably in love with, which is NOT an IPA, is Carver Brewing's Raspberry Wheat. At 7% ABV and smooth raspberry flavor I could drink this all damn day.

Try Breckenridge's "Small Batch 471" It's a double hopped IPA, that has an alcohol content of 9.2%. But you'd never taste that much alcohol. Usually that high of alcohol IPA's don't taste so good, but this beer has the mouth feel, and everything to it, and you'd never know you were drinking such a strong beer, until you've had a couple. Then you feel like you've drank a 6 pack of other IPA's!

Last edited:
Anvil Chorus: How does one make hard cider? Just let apple juice ferment?

Alabaster: Beer with a "mouth feel"? What you been schmokin, son? But I would like to try that "Small Batch 471" 9.2% alcohol? Holy Jebus, I have seen the light!

Back