IPA`s

picture.php

Been like three years since my last post in this thread, and things have changed around here. :D

My new fave IPAs are all from local or regional brewers: New England is KILLING IT in the IPA department.

Everyone has heard of Heady Topper by now, right? DIPA from the Alchemist Brewery in VT. This was my intro to truly great IPA. Better (albeit different) than Pliny!

And then there's MA's Tree House Brewery. These guys are producing the best IPAs I've ever had, bar none. Hard to obtain, but totally worth the two-hour round trip. I go down to the brewery about once a month and stock up.

Drinking this weekend for the AFC Championship: Mayflower's Alden DIPA, got a growler to share. This stuff is Dank!

ps: east coast, that Wormtown stuff is nice, too; just drank a few pints on Friday.

I tried to like IPA's.

They're ubiquitous here in Oregon.

Half a bottle in and I get terribly dehydrated, wicked heartburn, and more often than not--a headache.

I've met a few people with these symptoms, but they don't know the cause.

Been like three years since my last post in this thread, and things have changed around here. :D

My new fave IPAs are all from local or regional brewers: New England is KILLING IT in the IPA department.

Everyone has heard of Heady Topper by now, right? DIPA from the Alchemist Brewery in VT. This was my intro to truly great IPA. Better (albeit different) than Pliny!

And then there's MA's Tree House Brewery. These guys are producing the best IPAs I've ever had, bar none. Hard to obtain, but totally worth the two-hour round trip. I go down to the brewery about once a month and stock up.

Drinking this weekend for the AFC Championship: Mayflower's Alden DIPA, got a growler to share. This stuff is Dank!

ps: east coast, that Wormtown stuff is nice, too; just drank a few pints on Friday.

Heady Topper seems to be the holy grail of IPAs in this area. i havent tried Tree House yet, but it is also held in high esteem and i do have a pint of the Twenty Three in the fridge atm. Super Troopers 2 actually began filming not too far down the way from Tree House a few months back. I really prefer not to drink but friends are constantly gifting me beer. what can you do?

I'm a little over staturated on IPAs but heady topper is a great one...I get them by the case at around $3.50 a can. I hear people sell the empty cans for $5, haha

I also like a beer up here called "peeper" by Maine brewing company.
They call it an American pale ale and it's damn good!

These guys are my locals. The Honest Weight guys aren't into IPAs for the most part; their IPAs are weird and not so tasty. They do a nice pale ale. The Brick and Feather guy is tiny but makes a really nice pale. His IPA is a work in progress, imo.

Tevye, the Peeper is really nice. Try their IPAs if you get a chance, Lunch is delicious and Another One is equally good but different.

Back