i'm starting to get the hang of this.

i hit up some more shops today and sold half of what i had. i have 2 more shops to visit tonight. and one tomorrow. one of the shops i went into today is fairly new. he's been open about 7 months. he has a few people he's working with, lots of import stuff. but he's looking for more heady things as well. he's offered me a shelf in the front window display case for some commissioned items if i so choose. i think it would be cool to see what i could get for some really nice pieces. the pricing market is really odd when it comes to glass. 2 simple spoons that look almost identical can vary from 12 dollars to 40 dollars. for no visible reason at all. even knowing what i know now i still don't see why that one is 12 and that one is 40. some are easy to see, others not so. i ask the shop owners and they say it's based on what they pay. but why would they pay more for the same thing i don't get. i thought maybe it was due to the artists name but was told that's not always true. i would prefer to let them tell me what it's worth, since they are the ones selling the majority of glass. they seem to want to leave that up to me. which can be really difficult at times. it's hard to sell something for 20 dollars when in the past i've sold the same thing for 60.

wow Faded you have come a long way, I remember when you 1st started this thread. I was the second poster in it I think... Its looking like everything is paying off for you. Dont u love it when a plan comes together!

wow Faded you have come a long way, I remember when you 1st started this thread. I was the second poster in it I think... Its looking like everything is paying off for you. Dont u love it when a plan comes together!

this is rewarding to me in so many different ways. i love it. :rog:

thank you everyone for all the compliments. it means a lot to me.

Well done faded, got a bunch of equipment and glass over here, just no studio to set up a torch. My buddy in OR just hit me up the other day to tell me he has a 2nd station for me to come learn a thing or two... I am totally feeling these last few pieces.. Right on man

Awsome work, love the marbles... YOu have made huge progress. keep up the great work.

Faded,

Have you tried Etsy yet? I see folks offering pipes and other glass. It's really inexpensive to set up a shop there, like $0.20 per item to list for 3-4 months plus about 2.5-3 % commission on sales. I've sold a few pieces there, but my price points a really too high for their site. Pieces under $100 should sell quite well there. The thing that really impresses me is their SEO powers, googleing my products brings up my Etsy shop link on the first page instead of the 2nd or 3rd pages for my actual website.

I just thought I'd mention it. You may not sell gangbusters there, but "retail" prices beat the heck out'a wholesale prices + no driving. ;)

peace,
GM

Wow! fantastic work. I can second etsy, my girl used to sell a bunch of stuff on there.

attachment.php

Cool. Looks like your sales there have been about like mine, so-so & not a total waste of time. I've gotten a few sales that purchased directly from me that discovered me there too, so those can happen too. Do you have a website? Nevermind google took me right there. Sweet!

Good to see your glass is going well.:sun:

i don't put much on there. i put a bunch of stuff on last year, it all sold and i didn't relist anything until last month. i think if i kept up on it i would do a little better. i just don't like having to set things aside for specific listings. it limits the opportunities to sell an item. i carry my case with me everywhere. i sell glass at any given time, at any given place. unless i have it listed on etsy. then it just sits on a shelf at home.

thank you all for the kind words. :bigarmhug:

Wow!!

You have really progressed. I remember when you were starting all of this and now.. Holy crap man...

Much respect, you are an awesome Artist. Keep up the good work!

Yo faded.....do you do commissioned bong work?

I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just a red fuming, some twists in the neck, and ice pinches.

Get at me.

Back