i'm starting to get the hang of this.

Dude.... im totally amazed at the quality of some of the glass blowers on this site... thats some very nice stuff.... how was the learning curve??
Its something id love to try out.. but having very little artistic talent.. i didnt think id be very good at it..

Cheers
RBB

Dude.... im totally amazed at the quality of some of the glass blowers on this site... thats some very nice stuff.... how was the learning curve??
Its something id love to try out.. but having very little artistic talent.. i didnt think id be very good at it..

Cheers
RBB

it seems like i've done this all before. i don't know why. it's kinda weird, i just fall into a "groove". i just sit down and start trying things. they either work or they don't. i know before i ever turn on my kiln if it's gonna be a good day or not. if i go out and can't find my nitch i just stop for the day. it's teaching me a lot of patience. there have been a few times where i just wanted to break things. but it's really hot and it burns. so i just shut down and take a nap instead.

it seems like i've done this all before. i don't know why. it's kinda weird, i just fall into a "groove". i just sit down and start trying things. they either work or they don't. i know before i ever turn on my kiln if it's gonna be a good day or not. if i go out and can't find my nitch i just stop for the day. it's teaching me a lot of patience. there have been a few times where i just wanted to break things. but it's really hot and it burns. so i just shut down and take a nap instead.

Yeah, that's my thing too.. You just have to know when you're in a good mood for it. Have everything set up and clean, set up the Ipod with the tunes, smoke a bowl and get into it. Take breaks often and think about what you're doing. Sometimes you'll have small epiphanies at those moments.

Yeah, that's my thing too.. You just have to know when you're in a good mood for it. Have everything set up and clean, set up the Ipod with the tunes, smoke a bowl and get into it. Take breaks often and think about what you're doing. Sometimes you'll have small epiphanies at those moments.

I think this is a good way to live life to begin with, our frustrations are our own, and its up to us to be in tune with our selves and our environment.

Beautiful pieces Faded! :22_yikes:

May your future pieces blow my mind even more :D

I want to get a nice wood pipe for my next one, but if I could find a nice piece of glass like that, could just change my mind about wood! :D

whoa, nice. Did you post some pics back a couple months? Should do a before and after.

I'll take a 16" bubbler por favor:)

Hahaha, small world, eh?

Good job faded. You've come leagues since your "I don't know what I am doing thread"

I have been wanting to take up this hobby myself for quite some time. Waiting for the right ebay or craigslist deal when I have the cash. Money and deals don't seem to be lining up for me, lol.

Be safe

A

i saw you. next time we smoke. :catchawave:

whud ya get?

I got some Double Amber Purple, unobtainium(sp), Star White, 9mm tube, about 5 GonG male fittings (14mm), and some 10mm rod. I think I got out of there for 60 bucks. I would have gotten more but they ran out of male GonG and 1" heavy wall tube.

Next time.. I still have some at home.. O and I got one section of 1" blue tube.

I actually thought about you when we were going up there. My friend called me up that morn and said, "I'm going up you coming with?" so it was short notice.

:magic:

can i suggest u complety tear off your mouth pieces. and then pick out a nice hole. u can also blow threw the carb or bowl (with a piece of 9mm) to help puff out a small bublbe in the mouth piece.this will help with the whole flow of the piece. what torch u raging? also remember gravity is your friend. if you hole the pipe up and puff u get a mushroom buble if down u get an elongated bubble. I do both . going back and forth when doing the bubble for the bowl.

pieces look great man. you are def coming along. very good for 2-3 months.

if you need any pointers man feel free to pm me. wish i was still in your area i could show u a trick or 2.:peace:

can i suggest u complety tear off your mouth pieces. and then pick out a nice hole. u can also blow threw the carb or bowl (with a piece of 9mm) to help puff out a small bublbe in the mouth piece.this will help with the whole flow of the piece. what torch u raging? also remember gravity is your friend. if you hole the pipe up and puff u get a mushroom buble if down u get an elongated bubble. I do both . going back and forth when doing the bubble for the bowl.

pieces look great man. you are def coming along. very good for 2-3 months.

if you need any pointers man feel free to pm me. wish i was still in your area i could show u a trick or 2.:peace:

i do pick out my mouthpieces. i'm making them long on purpose. should i not be doing this? :dunno:

i'm working on a Nortel minor. :pointlaugh:

Last edited:
ya got some incredible skillz ina very short time, ya put your heart into your glass blowin nd it shows thru the pieces !! job well done :puffpuffpass:

sorry need to spread some manna before giving it to faded ...lol :poke:
peace
jeffman

Back