HOW TO: Build a grow tunnel!

The epoxy you use runs how much qt/gl?
Still it looks like it would take some serious elbow grease to clean. I bet when it comes time to clean, everone gets a new tooth brush.:whistle:
Can't wait to see it filled up.:puffpuffpass:

peace
stain

Agent-Smith, good to read you man!

I welcomed triinity back, and was wondering how long till you popped in here :).

Glad to have you back safe to the Island man!

Be safe

A

hey agent smith im lovin this thread n think this is a wicked idea but was thinking maybe it could get a little limited height wise correct me if im wrong. i was thinking if i had a cab n built the parrabella (scuse my spelling :) seperate so it could be moved higher or lower in said cab but tight to the walls would it still hav the same affect in theory i think so wen im back up n running ill give it a blast n report back unless you tell me youve tried it and it doesnt work :)

awesome, only questionable thing that i can see in those last pictures is the amount of space between the reservoir and the table, could cut down on space by lowering the table a bit giving the ladies a little more room to breathe.

i think i'm going to try and go this route when i do up my new spot, thanks for the ideas everyone ... can't believe i've only seen this now.

THC

Now that is what a call a very good build , you sure have some skills I remember alot of you work from the old place ieog Always did like your grow tunnels AS.

great thread....and some proper diy skills...AS that grow box is the dogs danglys ..how much you pulling from a little setup like that? the tunnel reminds me of my adjusta wings ;)

sorry to bump 4+ year old thread, but could someone who saw the original photos tell me if this is similar to what OP had?

from BldSwtTrs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

supposedly a couple runs after this, once the setup was dialed, BST hit 7lbs off a 2x 1kw 4x8 'tunnel.'

Yo AS/all....

gnomer...my (crude) tunnel is 8 ft. x 8 ft. and was constructed of 2- 4 x 8 sheets of 1/8 thick masonite board, Elmers glue, and mylar. I am running 2-1000's on the ends and a 600 in the middle (didn't have another 1000 at the time so I used the 600) in cool tubes with the internal reflector ripped out...resulting in 360 degrees of light bouncing all over the place.

The intensity of the light in the middle of the space is a bit higher..but not overly so. Time and time again I watch as the buds on the farthest edges of the room...4 ft from the light....bulk and grow at a rate that rivals their counterparts directly under the lights. (I put the larger plants on the sides and the sidelight is incredible)

This, I believe, is the beauty of and the reason for utilizing a tunnel such as this. Bottom line...the spred of light is unbelievable under these canopies.

good luck kids.

sky

Wow, this is more like that old Sci-Fi show on tv "The Time Tunnel" than the old Keef Treez grow tunnel..... my first day back....first look at the threads... and I see this... Holy timewarp, Islanders!

I will apologize for the pic upfront. However....crazy as it seems...decrepit as it is...I still have this room in the Hidden Y2K bunker...7 years later! Yeah, baby! The thrilling daze of yesteryear! Er...a sorta.....that crawlspace hauling of dirt and materials was a real beee-atch. Probably why this room is still there! OK....that and I'm lazy and hey...you never know...pot may become illegal again and BAM...back under the rock! But I digress...

This 10 x 10' room went through a few changes since the "tunnel was in full swing. Namely...the panda plastic that I hung to make the room smaller later on... and the addition of reflectors...which are still there....so are the ballasts! (What a stoner) I forgot they were there...LOL. That's what happens when you close a hydro store and end up with 20 ballasts and change yer game up...heeheee... It's a good find now though!

Even so...along with the separation of the panels that now show how I had to cut into strips 2' wide x 8' long to get them in the crawlspace....and then foil tape the seams... you can see the mylar glued to the Masonite....and the curving of the tunnel. When it was in full op...the hooks now holding the reflectors held 6" Cool tubes with the inner "reflector" yanked out so the light radiated in all directions. On the final runs with the tunnel...I had a 1K HPS on each end and a 600 in the center. With the curvature....the plants at the sides would often grow fatter buds than the ones directly under the lights.

I abandoned this room when I finally told my sons I was a card carrying legal patient and came topside. I used it again later to do a seed/sex run. It has been idle ever since...probably 5 years. Thanks for the time trip!

And BTW....if I remember through the fog correctly...the first incarnations of these tunnels were 600's...and were a free standing wood garden with a tunnel overhead.... 4 x 4's as posts....etc. Didn't remember that til I saw the materials list....

Another aside....re "Keef Treez".... I have a friend who knew him and who said he moved on/did bigger and better...non-pot-related business ventures and investments in CA and at last report...was a happy camper with a varied/good life. (hopefully...growing for fun again)

sky

Attachments

• garden 048 2640x1979.jpg
    garden 048 2640x1979.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 13
Sky High is right on. Keef Treeez the og mind behind the machine.

A guy by the name of Keef Treeez came up with this design,and here's a couple pics of a few of his designs which were 4' wide x 16' long and had six 400W bulbs for a total of 2400W.

Agent-Smith continued R&D coming up with some truly badass units. this thread along with a few others on the interwebs...

Attachments

• user11075_pic132546_1249241062-1.jpg
    user11075_pic132546_1249241062-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
  • user11075_pic132549_1249241062-1.jpg
    user11075_pic132549_1249241062-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
  • user11075_pic143806_1250487223.jpg
    user11075_pic143806_1250487223.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 13
What the 215 . Nice numbers and efficiency. Are you doing 1 plant per sq ft or more?

*edit* I see all the photos were lost. That sucks as this used to be a great tutorial.

Last edited:
Agent-Smith's single 600 grow tunnel. I keep this picture b/c one day I want to build this beast. I bet dialed in, that's the best 600 #s you gonna see. In my mind at least. :D

Attachments

• user11075_pic381155_1274149067.jpg
    user11075_pic381155_1274149067.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 18
He had a 400 watt one as well that he posted in my old cabinet thread way back in the day.

Looks like the server ate his pics though....

Back