How big of a Mini split do you recommend/Socal

SCE will probably take me to court and sue me for this someday BUT:

Call SCE and tell them you have an electric car. (You probably need to own your house) and they will without hesitation or proof of said imaginary car give you the TOU Prime rate. Which means no more tiers or tears! Ha.

Electricity is 63cents per KW 4pm-9pm 365 however from 9pm to 4pm it’s always 23ish cents 365 and your tiers/tears will be over!

Peace
I’m on a tou plan now which I get super off peak rates from 8am-4pm off peak 12am-8am, 4pm-9pm and mid peak or on peak 4pm-9pm. If I’m not mistaken I believe I am getting that .23 rate to start

Thankyou bro I’ll ask quest what type of heat they put out. Was thinking of just purchasing a couple 80pint units for much cheaper?
I ran 2 of the 80 pint homeowner basement type units for the first 2 years in my little 6 light room. $300 each including extended warranty. One of them took a shit but thankfully I kind of expected it and bought the extended warranty and Asurin gave me a full refund.

An ole head told me to get a Quest if I was in it for the long haul. They go on sale at the end of the year and probably other times and I took his advice and bought a Quest dual 110 for 40+% off on Black Friday for $1099 three years ago. It produces incredibly less heat than the original two 80 pints and definitely runs a lot less as well.

I ran 2 of the 80 pint homeowner basement type units for the first 2 years in my little 6 light room. $300 each including extended warranty. One of them took a shit but thankfully I kind of expected it and bought the extended warranty and Asurin gave me a full refund.

An ole head told me to get a Quest if I was in it for the long haul. They go on sale at the end of the year and probably other times and I took his advice and bought a Quest dual 110 for 40+% off on Black Friday for $1099 three years ago. It produces incredibly less heat than the original two 80 pints and definitely runs a lot less as well.
Wow just a 110? That’s awesome

I am running 4 650w leds that give off 2k btus of heat plus a 165quest dehu in a 144sqft room. I just wanted some peoples opinions of going 1ton/will it be working to hard or should it be ok? Or Should I go 18k btus instead? Pleasure to meet everyone that replies I am a new member and very excited to be able to chat with everyone 🙏. Thankyou cannacabana for public registration
I’m no expert but I think the more BTU the better. It will cool quickly and your A/C and dehumidifier can duel it out!!! I ran 10,000 BTU AC for my 2 x 4 tent with 4 plants and it wasn’t an overkill cause my dehumidifier could handle it. As long as your temps and humidity are in check why not!! And make sure you can run all that power

I’m going to agree with /killahmike420.5512/

Get double what you think and it will work less and last longer. The difference in a 1 ton and a 2 ton mini split is probably less than $500. If you are in it for the long haul the 2 ton will last 3 times as long. (THEORETICALLY)???????

Thanks bro, yea gonna go with a 2ton. I have 200amps had my whole panel moved from one side of the pad to the other completely upgraded permits and all. The homie is a badass electrician

Attachments

• IMG_8308.jpeg
    IMG_8308.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Man I really want to get just a 110 quest but I feel it won’t be enough. They say something like 54pints owr
Light as a base🤷‍♂️

Man I really want to get just a 110 quest but I feel it won’t be enough. They say something like 54pints owr
Light as a base🤷‍♂️
I’m running an Amazon bought Airplus 30pint dehumidifier for 6 plants(3/5 gallon pots) in my 4 x 4 tent it’s working really good. I have the hose connected so it pulls about a gallon of water a day. Pretty good for a 200$ dehumidifier and I believe it’s 120$ now. But If I had the money I’d go with quest but no need for that if you on a budget.

Back