heat press anyone?

Picked up a few lbs of forum cookies X Gg#4 pheno2 form a lady, and man this line puts it out, unreal bubble yields. Biggest first wash patty I've ever seen here off a lb. and it kept comming they 4 cycles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thats a beauty patty!!

I have a rosin question for you guys here as its still new tech for me and ive yet to do any yet. Eyeing up my gf hair iron or might invest in a good unit.

Anyone have any experience running older last years flowers? Guy has a bag or old buds from last year he cant sell. Im leaning towards advising him to make coco nut oil for edibles.

Would rosin maybe an option? Possibly with a small blend of fresher more terp rich material to help on the flavor side? .

Thanks in advance you guys rock

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Thats a beauty patty!!

I have a rosin question for you guys here as its still new tech for me and ive yet to do any yet. Eyeing up my gf hair iron or might invest in a good unit.

Anyone have any experience running older last years flowers? Guy has a bag or old buds from last year he cant sell. Im leaning towards advising him to make coco nut oil for edibles.

Would rosin maybe an option? Possibly with a small blend of fresher more terp rich material to help on the flavor side? .

Thanks in advance you guys rock

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Stored well, frozen would be best, should come out pretty nice. If the trics have had a chance to oxidize, and darken, the rosin will be dark. Try squishing a flower in a hair straightener, small investment, and get a idea of what you could expect.

Freeze the bud prior to pressing? I think its got ok moisture content which shoukd help. Any advantage to doing bubble first with old material ( im not a bubble guy either so dont know how that goes with aged material)

Might just buy a hair iron to play around as suggested for a start and trial run. Will havebto research screen material vs parchment etc.

ThNk you :puffpuffpass:

Freezing your dryd bud, makes it much easier to bust up, frozen in a seal a meal and I use a 5lb sledge to mash the bud I. The seal a meal bag.

Don't just toss bud/nugs into your bubble bags, you will lose 40% of your product. You want as much surface area exposed to the cold water as possible. There's resin in the buds as well as on the outside.

Old material will be much darker then fresh most times. If left at room temp, your old material IMO is useless other then for cooking.

We're doing some old material for a little old lady, we stopped after one wash, and didn't even press it, expresso brown, horrible stuff. We tried some more of her stuff and it's way to dark. Gave her back her contractor bag of trim. Was two seasons old.

We're gonna press some of mine from last season tomorrow, same material ran earlier in the year. I'll post pics to compare color. It's now 6months stored from harvest.

no way. Lighter color stuff always tastes much nicer than darker stuff made from aged material of the same stuff. I am not a buyer, just a self producer, and I am fussy to keep it light color for maximum best taste.

Yeah have to process ASAP. Can freeze it as well.

Just picked up a kief machine to run on this indoor that just came out. Anything to get away from making bubble. Last 4yrs have made so much bubble I'm burnt out on it.

Had hoped to press dry flower with the sasquash, but the return is miserable, so will try keif machine, pressed a lb of keif earlier in the year, was frozen for about 6 months, and it turned out great with a nice yellow hue.

What is the newest best filter bags to use for kief? I need to re-up.

thanks

really depends on the quality of kief and quality you want out of it. the smaller the micron the better end product will be in my experience. i use the 90micron for herb and 25micron for kief. if the kief is good you will get great stuff from the 25micron.

"Had hoped to press dry flower with the sasquash, but the return is miserable,"
..hmm..but but..i thought it was supposed to be the best

"Had hoped to press dry flower with the sasquash, but the return is miserable,"
..hmm..but but..i thought it was supposed to be the best

It's a great machine, works fantastic pressing bubble, zip at a time. Terrible returns with flower.

I sold it, lol. Pretty much done making rosin, not my cup a tea.

At this point just grow some outdoor and make seed in the winter. made rosin 3 straight winters and my interest in it has fallen off.

Moisture level and freshness matter for flower ... I get between 10-25% returns ... 70% moisture

I've been hitting a lot more Rosin recently bro, I think I would like to start making Rosin instead of just having dry buds around. I smoke about 1 joint a day when I have Rosin and the boys aren't coming over. Without it, I probably smoke like 8-10 lol.

Good luck on your search, I'll tag along :)

I've been hitting a lot more Rosin recently bro, I think I would like to start making Rosin instead of just having dry buds around. I smoke about 1 joint a day when I have Rosin and the boys aren't coming over. Without it, I probably smoke like 8-10 lol.

Good luck on your search, I'll tag along :)

I'll Have to get you some M Frost . It will kick you between the eyes.

Back