heat press anyone?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hey hows it going? I have been heat pressing small amounts for a week or two now, and the results are phenomenal! Super tasty instant full melting dabbable extract. One can use a hair press, those flattener things, or the next step up is a t-shirt press. I am seriously looking to buy something like this fairly soon:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ppd/4865254803.html

With the hair press you can only do a small amount at a time, one takes a small square of parchment paper you can fold in half and sandwhich a small nugget in there, say maybe 0.15 grams or so. You fold it in there and put it in between the heat pads, and squish it super hard till it flattens completely and a ring of oil shows around it. Use a fresh square of paper for each nug and carry on. Once you have a bunch of papers all done you can take a straight round tool of some sort and roll it all up onto the tip of it for collection. after the first bit it starts to collect really fast, and tastes great! I have a cheap variable Conair unit i bought second hand, it has a dial for heat level going from 1-25, i have found one can press around 5, for about 4-7 seconds, and it works nice and is a lower temp press that smells awesome. However you can do it hotter, it seems to squish the oil out more easily, but it you can hear it cook a tiny bit as you press it hotter. it only takes about 3 seconds like that.

Anyway, of all the people i have shown firsthand they have been blown away, and all seem to want to switch over from butane oil, which is what we have all been using for over a decade.

Anyone tried it yet? if not, try it! so yummy :)

So, you are removing the oils to smoke, correct ?
I take it this than leaves the bud you processed not worth smoking, or do you smoke it too?
Interesting idea.

not great to smoke, but it can be. my lady smoked some.

i have found pressing extremely hard yields really well. like stepping on with a foot and then hefting your weight into it to really crush it.

i think i saw something elsewhere about this technique

need to look into this more - tried finding a youtube of it and incredibly I didnt

i'm loving the instant natural extracted oil. its still just in the small collection stages till i upgrade, but its nice, kind of brings back the ritual that is lost doing a quick dab, collecting all the pressed oils up for your tokes.

i think i saw something elsewhere about this technique

need to look into this more - tried finding a youtube of it and incredibly I didnt

its all over instagram, so far thats the main pool of info i have seen.

its all over instagram, so far thats the main pool of info i have seen.

thx man - just got on the IG - will have to check that out - glad you started the thread - love to use the dab rig but got kinda burned out on BHO

so what would you compare the high to? more like flower, hash or bho?

@Rolln_J

its looks and pretty much tastes like bho, but has a touch of a hashy taste.

and umm yeah, it seems to hit just like that too, a but more full bodied than bho possibly.

Last edited:
ahhh yes cannabis rosin yields many search results

[YOUTUBE]Q0XjKOoPO8U&t[/YOUTUBE]

I'm with it... I find it more satisfying than bho, as a matter of fact i'm done with bho.. if I don't make the oil myself, I can't depend on other's interpretation of what shatter is. Thin film press is best when using 95%+ trichomes heads, with a good strain it is see through.

Hmmmmm...grannie's old mangle press in the garage.....burnt the bejeebers out of my fingers learning to use it. I think I'll fire it up and try it out.

does it really need all the heat?

and doesn't pressure create heat?

i daily use a 6000psi hydraulic press for pressing tinctures out of herbs, i could easily slip some parchment w/ some bud in there... wonder what that would result like...

right on, good luck. more pressure is better and you have that covered. with some heat it only takes about 5 seconds. i am not sure if you will get the crystals to liquify so well without a little heat.

Keep the idea's rolling in, post your results, and I will learn how I may choose to do it. Sounds so damn tasty.

If you have a lot of hash that you want to make melty.. put it in cellophane, cover with a towel, iron till it's gooey.. heat press is nice for headstash, but takes too long to be worth it commercially unless you have 95%+ trichome heads.

its really fast i think actually, once you get set up properly.

i plan to get the 15" by 15" t shirt press i listed a link to, and make an about 10" long glass rolling pin to collect it all quite quickly.

good idea HMK

handy to be able to just make that - you can buy rolling pins made of marble - something for the rest of us to consider

Back