Getting my hands dirty again!

Looking good to me, if the only thing off is some height that is a fantastic problem to have

^^^Yeah, you can always lower your lights. Better to have the plants a little short than too tall.

True guys but in my view, if you're doing it right you have colas/buds filling more of the vertical space than this. Avoiding accidental too-tallness is also part of the planning stage. I don't blame myself on this one because I relied on the breeder's description as "a medium bush" to plan when I would flip them. Plus, I suspect based on this grow that LED lights also have a shortening influence compared to sodium HIDs, and I didn't know that. Next grow I'll probably veg to a much larger size, maybe 28" or so.

Day 48 update

10% pistil death... nugs starting to feel dense. No more nutes from this point. Sorry the quality is so bad, it's the camera on my phone and things always look colorless and overexposed.

Strawberry-Banana-tent-grow-2-25-21-day-48-flowering.jpg

Strawberry-Banana-tent-grow-2-25-21-day-48-flowering2.jpg

Last edited:
These plants turned out very nice, and I'm about to harvest within a few days. They got very dense due to both the variety and the "Pistilwhipt" pruning job I did. The buds are all like the size of chicken eggs and very dense, so I think the yield is going to be quite good considering the lack of stretch. All in all, it's been a success. They're gorgeous.

I'm going to get a real camera for the next grow, one that doesn't make all the photos look washed out and overexposed. Sorry the pic is sideways

Strawberry-Banana-day-58.jpg

Last edited:
Look at you - just like riding a bike, nice run!!

Yeah, it seems to come right back after a few wobbly moments!

Tell you what, the flowering phase of these went so well that I'm going to continue with this modality of soil with no nutes for veg, and then using salt bloom nutes to get them through flowering. It's too easy.

Here's the last shot, day 64... harvesting tomorrow. I'm pretty frikin' pleased with the outcome, considering how tenuous things seemed during veg at one point. I really wish I could have gotten some better photos for you guys... the camera in my phone screws things up, turns all the colors to yellowish, lacks resolution, etc. Oh well. At least you got the general idea.

Strawberry-Banana-tent-grow-3-13-21-day-64-flowering.jpg

Here's the last shot, day 64... harvesting tomorrow. I'm pretty frikin' pleased with the outcome, considering how tenuous things seemed during veg at one point. I really wish I could have gotten some better photos for you guys... the camera in my phone screws things up, turns all the colors to yellowish, lacks resolution, etc. Oh well. At least you got the general idea.

View attachment 343684

Disclaimer - my pics are nothing to write gone about and I take them just as much for a grow log to help with future runs but I have much better luck taking them during lights off with a flash.

Back