Florida outdoor 2019/20

Getting close to the end of pics to post. This will be a record for me to actually have all the pics posted so soon after the season ends instead of 9 months later LOL.

Skunktek Sour Diesel

This one threw me, I was prepared for a disaster as this plant has never looked really happy and the bud structure was thin and wispy but just after day 55 the bud swelled and filled out nicely. Due to the late season and increasing day light hours, its still throwing white pistils and getting that "blockhead" structure so I chopped at day 65 instead of trying to go longer and risking a heat implosion/reveg nightmare.

Great terps, good structure and looks like it should be done in around 75 days. Can't wait to run this again, hopefully this fall.

Going with a buddy to look at another property this weekend, kinda the same situation as this past season but it's really the only reasonable alternative. Rents are just insane everywhere within 20 miles of me, I'm just not gonna take that kind of financial risk again.

_91A8279.JPG_91A8280.JPGSkunktek Sour D 65 days April 2024 01.jpgSkunktek Sour D 65 days April 2024 02.jpgSkunktek Sour D 65 days April 2024 02.jpg3.jpg

Getting close to the end of pics to post. This will be a record for me to actually have all the pics posted so soon after the season ends instead of 9 months later LOL.

Skunktek Sour Diesel

This one threw me, I was prepared for a disaster as this plant has never looked really happy and the bud structure was thin and wispy but just after day 55 the bud swelled and filled out nicely. Due to the late season and increasing day light hours, its still throwing white pistils and getting that "blockhead" structure so I chopped at day 65 instead of trying to go longer and risking a heat implosion/reveg nightmare.

Great terps, good structure and looks like it should be done in around 75 days. Can't wait to run this again, hopefully this fall.

Going with a buddy to look at another property this weekend, kinda the same situation as this past season but it's really the only reasonable alternative. Rents are just insane everywhere within 20 miles of me, I'm just not gonna take that kind of financial risk again.

View attachment 360710View attachment 360711View attachment 360712View attachment 360713View attachment 360714
That feeling of 'omg, this is going to be the worst harvest weight ever', i got every time that i grew one of my older 'strains'. Then, the last week or so, it would get it on. Not that it was a very big end amount, just not a total failure.

Cuban Black Haze

This one was courtesy of @P-NUT

I was hesitant to run this one cause I didn't get it til January and then I had to propagate it and secure backups, but I figured it would be a good idea to see how it grew, how it tolerates my feeds and how much it stretched.

I put two 6" topped clones out to flower on February 21st. That means there was no way to take it 90 days so I crossed my fingers and aimed for 80 which would have been May 11th?

Anyway I chopped them today at 74 or 75 days. With the heat as bad as it is already and the lengthening day light hours, letting it go another week or more is just not going to do anything positive. But as I surmised, it was good to gather some experience with this one.

Stretch is 3-4X, takes topping well. It's probably overfed and I'm quite interested to see what the flower structure looks like when the days are shortening rather than lengthening.

If I do end up with a spot for fall, it will be imperative to have 6-8 of these ready in the first wave and then I won't mess with them again in the spring.

CBH 75 days May 2024 01.JPGCBH 75 days May 2024 03.JPGCBH 75 days May 2024 05.JPGCBH 75 days May 2024 06.JPGCBH 75 days May 2024 07.jpgCBH 75 days May 2024 08.jpgCBH 75 days May 2024 09.jpgCBH 75 days May 2024 10.jpg

And just like that, this chapter closes. I did grow some other things that were things that I've grown in seasons past and a few things that were experimental. I did a germ test on the Sunshine Daydream beans I just made and selected down and grew out the best four of those plants. Hopefully we will find that one of them is the better than my keeper from last fall.

Plans for the fall are still uncertain for a number of reasons. I've got a couple months of cleaning equipment, gear and medium. And the most pressing priority is to make a summer home for all my mother plants. I'm pressing ahead with mushroom production over the summer, I think I have a much better handle on that process so it would be nice to take advantage of not having plants to tend while I focus on that project for a bit.

Other than that, its maintenance and flower testing time. Oh and sweating, lots of sweating............

Back