Florida outdoor 2019/20

Looking good DP!! I really like that Face Off, its the #6. Very nice smoke and it gets me focused. I plan to run this one again soon!! Cant wait to hear what you think of the Strawberry Cough. I'm taking mine down today. The Sour D looks like shit and is going straight to the hash bag.
I was cleaning up the second Strawberry Cough today and I got straight pine off her???? I've got to figure out how to recover all this perlite from the peat and get some coco for the fall. The coco test was successful as far as I'm concerned I think I figured out the right ratio of aeration for outdoors. Curiously the rice hull mix did not do so well.

Everything is looking great. That gmo got huge in my greenhouse with zero veg time just straight from a 4 inch pot into a bed. They went in about 12-18 inches and finished 4-5 feet tall. I ran 1 indoors to 14 or 15 weeks and it reeks. I think 12 was good but wanted to see how long it would go without mold and it never did mold.
Thanks @P-NUT it sure wanted to stretch! I'll check her again at 75 days and make the call. I may not be able to go that long though......

...I've got to figure out how to recover all this perlite from the peat....
maybe get a plastic kiddie pool, fill 1/2 full w/the medium then fill with water so the perlite floats then skim it out like getting leaves out of the pool.

the girls are looking great, I checked and I do have Fatso in veg. That Golden Pineapple turned out great....i took her down between 90-100 days b/c she looked like she needed it and i was busy. At first i thought the smell was dead on Amnesia Haze (Core Cut) but after a cure the lemon is there but there is much more going on that i cant describe other that i really like it. I could take or leave the flavor and high of Amnesia Haze (Core Cut) and i found myself choosing other strains to smoke but im finding myself going to the Golden Pineapple a lot. I have smoked her exclusively for 3 days before i changed strains and i didnt get any ceiling plus the med effects hit me almost as quick as the P98 Bubba & Triangle Trip and some of Smoking Joes crosses with DMT. in fact im going to pop the last pack of DMT Dream he gave me and run them next to the Santa Cruz Blue Dream for comparison and if they are anything like the others i flowered it will be tough on what gets the boot.

peace

I don't want to derail DP's thread but there's a whole thread devoted to Golden Pineapple, circa 2016-2018. She's a winner.

Hey DP, the SBH x LLP is Fudges (Thunderfudge) work, his seed company is Runningwithlightning. He does a lot of work with Chem and Sour Larry. I've never run anything from him that wasnt at the least very good.

I constructed a small sifter to recover my perlite. Its a small wooden rectangle built with 1"x4"s, approximately 12" wide x 24" long with a 1"x2"x36" handle on each side. It's wrapped in 1/4" and 1/8" chicken wire/garden mesh. It can hold 2 shovels of soil, and then I stand on one side and sift it back and forth. I get beautiful seed starter and most of my perlite back. It's a lot of work, but I havent had to buy perlite in a long time. I'll send you a picture.

I don't want to derail DP's thread but there's a whole thread devoted to Golden Pineapple, circa 2016-2018. She's a winner.
Great info, thanks for posting that @180

Hey DP, the SBH x LLP is Fudges (Thunderfudge) work, his seed company is Runningwithlightning. He does a lot of work with Chem and Sour Larry. I've never run anything from him that wasnt at the least very good.

I constructed a small sifter to recover my perlite. Its a small wooden rectangle built with 1"x4"s, approximately 12" wide x 24" long with a 1"x2"x36" handle on each side. It's wrapped in 1/4" and 1/8" chicken wire/garden mesh. It can hold 2 shovels of soil, and then I stand on one side and sift it back and forth. I get beautiful seed starter and most of my perlite back. It's a lot of work, but I havent had to buy perlite in a long time. I'll send you a picture.
Thanks for correcting me @digger , if you look at the last two pics (the very last one is there, you have to click the link) I think you'll see why visually at least, it reminds me of MAC1.

I'm gonna look at making something like that to recover the perlite, hopefully something I can adapt to the cement mixer so I don't have to do all the work LOL

Nurse Larry x Super Sour Double Diesel #5

@digger is this one from @Cartman?

Haven't smoked this one yet, I'm taking it down in about a week.

Pics are at 55 days, looks like this one will be 70-80 daysView attachment 359765View attachment 359766View attachment 359767View attachment 359770View attachment 359772
Yes, I got the seeds from Carty but they were made by a buddy of his over at this other site that I cant recall at the moment. I forgot how many I started, but ended up with 3 females. So far the first one I harvested is decent, but not a keeper. The second one is drying and the third needs to be flowered. Very nice looking plants, decent size buds and good frost.

The next two are some crosses @digger made with Triangle Kush and a Hawaiian that he will have to fill in the details.

Both look great and hopefully the smoke will be as good!

Nice structure, take topping well, good flower density and terp profile.

Presenting #4 followed by #11View attachment 359773View attachment 359774View attachment 359775View attachment 359776View attachment 359777View attachment 359778
Thanks for posting them DP!! The Hawaiian was a male I had out of some Federation Hawaiian Sativa repros I got from a buddy. I touched that male to a few females and the TK cross is the first to get run. I started 14 of those and ended up with 2 males and 5 or 6 girls. And of course, my better half likes the #10 that aint here anymore. LOL

Your plants look more of how imagined they would turn out, all of mine seemed to lean towards the Hawaiian side, having larger buds and a similar smell and not quite as leafy. I'd like to find a TK leaner one day, but that might be next year.

Thanks for posting them DP!! The Hawaiian was a male I had out of some Federation Hawaiian Sativa repros I got from a buddy. I touched that male to a few females and the TK cross is the first to get run. I started 14 of those and ended up with 2 males and 5 or 6 girls. And of course, my better half likes the #10 that aint here anymore. LOL

Your plants look more of how imagined they would turn out, all of mine seemed to lean towards the Hawaiian side, having larger buds and a similar smell and not quite as leafy. I'd like to find a TK leaner one day, but that might be next year.
Thanks for adding those details! Here's two more for you since I don't have any recorded detail of the origins.

Jack Herer

@digger passed this to me, I believe he said he got it from a buddy on Breedbay. Fortunately it looks to be a hell of a cut. Structure is lanky but solid, flower size and density is outstanding and I get a piney citrus aroma at 50+ days. Also at this point most trichomes on the flower are milky with about 10% amber so its not something that I think will take 70-80 days to finish.

_91A8232.JPG_91A8233.JPG_91A8235.JPG_91A8236.JPG_91A8238.JPG2024-04-14-07.06.49 ZS PMax.jpgJack H 52 days April 2024.jpg

So this is the time of year I really dislike. I've been going nonstop pretty much since last August so I'm ready for a break and these next three weeks will be brutal.

For the last three years I've planned to be done by mid April and for the third year in a row that ain't gonna happen.

There are always clones I get in Dec/Jan that go longer than expected so the grow drags on into May.

Every day the light lasts a little longer, the sun is a little brighter, the heat gets hotter so it's not ideal for finishing anything.

Every plant needs attention every day to monitor moisture content, bud rot potential and of course bugs. Spider mites and caterpillars are exploding even with 2X week IPM treatments.

But its the increasing heat and light that make the most difference. Some strains don't seem to be affected too much, some NLD dominant crosses really show that influence and look and smoke differently than the ones finished in Nov/Dec and some just can't handle all the light and heat at the end and literally crash and burn, losing entire branches and sometimes the entire plant.

When I grew at my original spot, the bamboo gave me some cover where I could put late season plants in spots where they would not get full sun all day. last season's space and this spot have none of that cover so the plants get blasted all day. unfortunately there's no good way to rig shade cloth or other cover for this short period of time, especially since I'm wrapping everything up here and looking for a new spot for fall.

Back