Florida outdoor 2019/20

Hey All,

I was wrapping things up last season when I joined here so I haven't really shown anything to this point. I'm a long time smoker ('77) and have been growing off and on since '83.

About 20 years ago I decided to get a serious personal grow going again as I was just not impressed with the herb I could buy on the street and shortly after that my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Those two occurrences originally lead me to OverGrow (where I lurked until it was shut down), some incredibly kind folks in Cali that I met on a business trip and then eventually to ICMag.

I've learned a tremendous amount over the years and have tried to change up and improve at least one aspect of my growing/harvesting/processing gameplan every year and for the most part I have learned, improved and moved on every year. Better techniques, better mixes, better feeds and of course better genetics.

I am in west central Florida so we get very little cold weather here (not enough for my tastes) and that gives me a flowering season from September until mid May.

I usually start seeds and take cuts from mums right about now and this year is no different.

I grow in peat and perlite and one of this years improvements is to add about 10-15% coco to this mix and hopefully get better roots as I am re-using the mix from last year.

I will amend that mix with some dolomite lime, calcium carbonate, gypsum and some bone meal and the plants will be hand watered with raw salts that will be custom mixed in a 20 gallon tank.

I am just wrapping up the final trim of last season's late plants, seed processing and extractions of trim and larf (that may take awhile) so I got started a couple weeks later than I wanted, but that's the way it goes. I have an out of state trip in early September so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I have help while I'm gone, but they have black thumbs with documented history to prove it :teeth:

Anyway, I'm kicking this season off with a pheno hunt through some Oaxacan sativa seeds I made from RC_Colas original reproduction, a reproduction effort of some Genius Thai from Mr GT and some F2's of the original Kali Mist stock from Mantis Genetics. If these are viable I will be doing and open pollination/reproduction and then pheno hunting in 2020/21.

Also growing their freebie Kali Mist x Blueberry - got to take a minute to commend them for being stand up vendors and the first two shipments were confiscated and destroyed by customs. They went the extra mile to ship in a different manner and the third shipment was the charm.

Not much to see at this point so the pics will be scant for awhile, got a tent full of mums to play with as well.
What's up buddy this will be my first out door grow since I move to FL and thing I need to really watch out for bugs pests mites mold any advice would be appreciated and if you wanna $ell any of them oaxacan bean I'm your dude lol unless you hunted them all I need a good sativa

What's up buddy this will be my first out door grow since I move to FL and thing I need to really watch out for bugs pests mites mold any advice would be appreciated and if you wanna $ell any of them oaxacan bean I'm your dude lol unless you hunted them all I need a good sativa
Well the first thing I would want to know is where did you grow outdoors before this?

Central Florida can go a couple ways depending on where you are and how near the coast you are.

I would not suggest a guerilla grow, theres too many people and not enough land anymore.

As dry as its been for the last 10 years, you will probably struggle to keep anything alive over the summer in this heat.

If you do go that route, I would suggest putting them in the ground, but now you'll probably have to deal with root aphids and they will be sitting ducks for hurricanes in the fall.

If you go back to the first couple pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure I explain how I do it. Other than feeds and location, nothing has really changed for me in terms of the season I grow (August - late spring) and how I keep plants in veg in winter (low voltage landscape lights) so I can essentially pull a long perpetual harvest of varying qualities or really get two good quality pulls in that timeframe.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy one of their backpack sprayers and get ready to spray weekly with a rotating arsenal of essential oils and you can keep most of the native aphids and mites in check. Don't take cuts in from anybody that can't or won't explain their IPM protocols and even if they have a grip on IPM, assume the cuts are infected and treat them before introducing them to the rest of your girls.

I'd love to share some Oaxacan beans but I'm not certain that the ones I have are still viable and it they are, I need to do an open pollination and make another run of seed for preservation. That's been on my "to do" list for a couple years now, but time, space and circumstance have kept that from happening.

I'm from Ohio I threw out a quick flowering auto to kinda do a test run I'm running a living soil coots mix for ipm I just planed on some neem cake and karonja tea for a spray after reading your post yeah I probably should of waited the heat is coming thanks so much for the info lot of good stuff in this post

I'm from Ohio I threw out a quick flowering auto to kinda do a test run I'm running a living soil coots mix for ipm I just planed on some neem cake and karonja tea for a spray after reading your post yeah I probably should of waited the heat is coming thanks so much for the info lot of good stuff in this post
well keep experimenting with different approaches and you'll figure out what works best for you.

I'm running some tests with coco outdoors for the first time and testing another half dozen new cuts to see if they are stable enough for the spring season.

If you do go with landscape lights, spend the extra money and buy some that are hard wired. The solar ones in my experience are just not reliable enough to do the job.

I've slacked on this thread for a number of reasons, mostly just been busier than ever and growing a lot of the same old stuff.
The demand for mushrooms has also been a pull on my time and I've also been dealing with my wife's health issues.
This was the result of three hours in front of a flow hood.
Agar transfers into Uncle Ben's bags of Texas Orange Cap, Ecuador, Redboy, Fat Fuzz and Golden Teacher

I've also been working with 14 year old spore prints I was gifted but mostly have just grown a ton of contamination as I believe these prints were all opened and viewed and then sealed back up.

_75A6335.JPG

Juicy J
Another Capulator creation very similar to MAC 1
Dense, chunky resinous flowers, similar leafy structure (although doesn't seem to want to be one giant bud like MAC 1 does for me) with a fruity floral bouquet in flower.
Haven't dried or smoked her yet but hearing that some folks like her more than MAC1Juicy J 01.JPGJuicy J 03.JPGJuicy J 04.jpgJuicy J Macro.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good DP!! I really like that Face Off, its the #6. Very nice smoke and it gets me focused. I plan to run this one again soon!! Cant wait to hear what you think of the Strawberry Cough. I'm taking mine down today. The Sour D looks like shit and is going straight to the hash bag.

Everything is looking great. That gmo got huge in my greenhouse with zero veg time just straight from a 4 inch pot into a bed. They went in about 12-18 inches and finished 4-5 feet tall. I ran 1 indoors to 14 or 15 weeks and it reeks. I think 12 was good but wanted to see how long it would go without mold and it never did mold.

Back