Crock Pot Canna Butter

I just tossed 6 ounces of buds and sugar leaves into the crock pot with a pound of coconut oil and a half gallon of water...this is my first try with coconut oil, looking forward to trying it...:hands:

now to let it cool for a few hours before extraction begins...:thumbsup:

8 ounces of buds and sugar leaves, a pound of coconut oil, and a half gallon of water...

Attachments

• coconutoil 002.jpg
    coconutoil 002.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1
Crock pot Coconut oil made yesterday and now in jars.
picture.php

Reactions: Boo
that looks nice bodhi, what do you use to strain your oil...I use the clean part of an old tee shirt then I'm gonna chill it so I can separate the oil from the nasties...

I let it cool in the crockpot for a bit and then strain off the water in one bowl. Having put /strained the "ganga mess" in a cheese cloth, I then put on rubber gloves (heat protection, still hot typically) and go in for a bunch of sessions of squish, squeeze and twist to get all the oil and bit of water out in the other bowl and then into the fridge to separate, typically overnight, and then collect to jars for freezer/fridge snacks....

Last edited:
this is what I ended up with after using 8 ounces of quality sugar trim and buds, 1 pound of coconut butter, and a half gallon of water...any thoughts on what the dosage should be for this grade of oil...I'd like to put it in caps but need to know how much to use without flipping out after eating too much...

Attachments

• coconutoil 001.jpg
    coconutoil 001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
  • coconutoil 002.jpg
    coconutoil 002.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 6
LOL....you just gotta try it.....eat a small amount first and then eat more if you need more.... :)
Trial and error man.....
:puffpuffpass:

understood, I was hoping someone would have knowledge of this concentration and steer me un the right direction...gonna try a half tsp. for starters...I've seen God while doing cookies so I'm not a fan of over consumption...if I start sweating it's gonna be a long night...:slap:

You should try to clarify that budder first Boo it's looking pretty green yet.

Put that budder back in a bowl and add hot water so it melts. Put it back in the fridge until it gets solid again, cut the budder back out of the bowl and you'll see the remaining water will be green, dump it out.

Put the budder back in the bowl and add hot water to melt it again, put it back in the fridge to get solid again, do this process over until the water comes out clear then you will have clairified budder.

now that's info that I can use, thanks T2U, I'm gonna try some tonight as is but will certainly clarify the coconut oil before I dig in:ridinghorse:...I've never thought of reclarifying it...it would be nice to lose the green...:clap:

Reactions: mre
well, here goes, my first go at the coconut butter, just tried a half tsp. not knowing what the potency is...with as much first quality trim and buds it should do the trick, especially on an empty stomach...pizza will be cooked in 5 minutes...:whacky114:

Good luck Boo!! What I have learned about budder is start out small and work your way up, otherwise you end up getting your shit pushed in lol. It works in mysterious ways, some people can do a lot with little effect while someone else can do a little and get wrecked. I'm a lite weight when it comes to the stuff but I can puff killer nugs all day and night.

Clarifying budder makes it taste better since you will be removing the Chlorophyll and whatever else is in there that you don't want, seems to help with potency also since you will be using more of the goods and less of the waste.

sure do appreciate the help T2U, poured boiling water over the budder and within 30 minutes this is what I see...the crap in the budder is sinking and the oil on top is becoming clear vs. translucent...it's pretty dark but much clearer...a few round with this and it should be done...i'm feeling the 1/2 tsp. as I type, kinda like a wave coming over me, now that I stopped to think about it i'm pretty baked...:teeth:

Attachments

• budder 002.jpg
    budder 002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
hi y'all;

that green crap is the reason for the water cure! getting rid of it BEFORE you extract, you don't have the contamination. i still recommend washing your product after chilling/draining.
as for dose, boo you need to figure titration on every batch. they can be similar if you utilize consistent measure/technique; but the canna will always be a variable(nature of the (plant).

bon appetit!
A

here's what I got after my first wash after making the initial budder...it's much lighter in color and the sediment was huge...I got almost 3/4" of trash stuck to the bottom of the budder puck...I'm clarifying it a few more times...the short 1/2 tsp. was a little light last night, I need a bit more to feel it stronger...I was nice and mellow, slept like a log...I'm gonna like this:teeth:

Attachments

• clarifyingbudder 001.jpg
    clarifyingbudder 001.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
  • clarifyingbudder 002.jpg
    clarifyingbudder 002.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7
  • clarifyingbudder 003.jpg
    clarifyingbudder 003.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 6
Back