Coconut Bud Capsules

I made a batch the other week with the 0 not 00 sized capsules. And I didn't bother working the material in with the oil. (Saved it in the cold garage in case I wanted to run it again, rework it, or just toss it).

One is just perceivable, it makes for a nice afternoon. Similar to a single beer.
Two is a nice mellowing buzz, it's effects are noticeable and nice. Equates to my favorite alcohol buzz - the two drink buzz.
Haven't had three yet but intend to - not at all intimidating even for this lightweight! And seeing how the one and two treat me, I think four might be right at my limit. lol. Intend to find out what three do when I get rid of this cold.

It's very similar to the sugar cookie buzz for me, but much easier to administer, and accurately dose for me. I like it a lot more for those reasons.

If it's your thing, a beer, glass of wine or mixed drink will bring on the effect sooner and stronger, both nice effects for me.

maybe I'll go grab a couple right now... it is Friday night after all. And this darn cold has me steering well clear of my pipe.

take care
freeheeler

Glad they worked out for you. I'm actually making these tonight and checked the thread for the recipe. LOVE these capsules! :flyguy:

I made 2 small batches today using coconut oil and kief. One batch is made from Jackie-O, the other from NorCal CatPiss.
I made them both strong and left them unfiltered....:x91:
I usually just make coco-kief paste and eat that, but the gel-caps will regulate the dosage better I hope.
This thread was great help thanks in advance.

free the weed!

ya i got some info on this topic....almost wanna not share it, cuz how disgusted at the scene i am lately...but hey if i gotta help the evil capitalist bastards to help ppl who need good meds so be it:025:

i researched this topic over 5 years ago by talking to phd's during a trip to oaktown...

i did a sample batch....and i must say........BEST EDIBLES EVER! absolutely no doubt about it....

but edibles was actually NOT the goal, lol........

and heres the thing...ill just tell the story...i did my reasearch and development on this idea, shared info with the community....and now one of the fuckers at one of these disps is trying to patent it(suppositories), while i starve, lol....argh...and after hes lied to and used me and everyone around for every selfish thing he can think of too....
dam no-heart-flybynighters:spanked:

ill survive tho, lol....k, now for the good stuff ;)

my original intention was to make suppositories for an anal cancer patient....
for this filtering is VERY important, as any plant material or trichomes can cause tumor irritation...

my method is to immerse as much trich covered leaf as physically possible in a saucepan....no bud, no kief....tests i did aiming for more potency were ultimately less effective...(anyone remember chef ra? lol)

i also find using a food processor for anything to be a bad idea, at least if you are as anal as me.....lol, i dont even touch my buds, so the thought of grinding anything gives me chills

k, so...leaf...in oil...heat @ 200def F...for....4 hours!
strain thru cheese cloth or equivalent, then....heres another gem, lol....RINSE/HEAT the leaf with warm water, then carefully strain out particulate...oil will separate when it cools...

if kept refrigerated, suppositories do not need to be capsulated...only formed
coconut oil is solid at room temp, but will turn liquid in your car or with much heat....

so anyway, lol, she didnt really like the suppositories(or cannabis in general) so we ended up making the very best dam batch of cookies i have ever made:cigar1:
very close to a smoking high....

im also very curious what the differences are between preparing this way with coconut oil and clarified butter(water removed)....hoping to do some tests this month...

:swordfight:free the weed, kill the capitalists:shh:

ya i got some info on this topic....almost wanna not share it, cuz how disgusted at the scene i am lately...but hey if i gotta help the evil capitalist bastards to help ppl who need good meds so be it:025:

i researched this topic over 5 years ago by talking to phd's during a trip to oaktown...

i did a sample batch....and i must say........BEST EDIBLES EVER! absolutely no doubt about it....

but edibles was actually NOT the goal, lol........

and heres the thing...ill just tell the story...i did my reasearch and development on this idea, shared info with the community....and now one of the fuckers at one of these disps is trying to patent it(suppositories), while i starve, lol....argh...and after hes lied to and used me and everyone around for every selfish thing he can think of too....
dam no-heart-flybynighters:spanked:

ill survive tho, lol....k, now for the good stuff ;)

my original intention was to make suppositories for an anal cancer patient....
for this filtering is VERY important, as any plant material or trichomes can cause tumor irritation...

my method is to immerse as much trich covered leaf as physically possible in a saucepan....no bud, no kief....tests i did aiming for more potency were ultimately less effective...(anyone remember chef ra? lol)

i also find using a food processor for anything to be a bad idea, at least if you are as anal as me.....lol, i dont even touch my buds, so the thought of grinding anything gives me chills

k, so...leaf...in oil...heat @ 200def F...for....4 hours!
strain thru cheese cloth or equivalent, then....heres another gem, lol....RINSE/HEAT the leaf with warm water, then carefully strain out particulate...oil will separate when it cools...

if kept refrigerated, suppositories do not need to be capsulated...only formed
coconut oil is solid at room temp, but will turn liquid in your car or with much heat....

so anyway, lol, she didnt really like the suppositories(or cannabis in general) so we ended up making the very best dam batch of cookies i have ever made:cigar1:
very close to a smoking high....

im also very curious what the differences are between preparing this way with coconut oil and clarified butter(water removed)....hoping to do some tests this month...

:swordfight:free the weed, kill the capitalists:shh:

AWSOME brother! Best damn story Ive heard in awhile!

I suffer from neck and back injuries from on the job. Also Knees need replace and have Hep C.
My wife suffers DDD and Fibromyalgia. Her parents are in bad shape also pain wise. They do not like to smoke and really don't want to feel all stoned. I found several recipes on making capsules for herbs. And my wife has several herb books that helped.
I do not get stoned on these and I have taken up to 4 at once. BUT the pain relief is incredible. I do get sleepy if I take more than 2 at a time and I find 2 to work very nice for about 4-5 hours. Takes about 30-40 min. to hit on an empty stomach, 45min - 1 1/2hr on a full stomach. Don't get me wrong, I do get high but it's different, like a muscle relaxer/valuim.

My wife has similar effects but 1-2 is plenty or she falls asleep and gets the munchies.

Now a friend took one and said she was stoned out of her mind and ate everything in the house. haha She rarely ever uses.

I used 1 oz. of finely ground Br1947 bud (has great pain relief properties) and put that in a crock pot. I used Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I covered the bud until it was about a 1/2" above the dry ground bud. Mixed it well and covered. Set to 200 degrees and let cook for 6-12 hrs. (I found 10hrs to be best so far). Strain oil from product and let cool to room temp. I use "00" size capsules. They do make a vegan capsule that will not melt with the oil. Make sure you ask before you buy them. Otherwise you will have a big mess as the capsules will dissolve with the oil otherwise.
I use the gelatin capsules, less hassle.
I'm going to use a 2 oz next time and see if I get stoned also. Medibles usually do nothing high wise to me or they destroy me haha, Capsules are wonderful for dosage.

Anybody making capsules lately? I plan on using 20 grams of kief and mixing that with 1 cup of virgin coconut oil. My hope is that 2 capsules will be enough to get a good buzz.

We just made a new batch recently using trim and popcorn from A13 and C99. I threw my back out some how this morning and I've been eating these like M&Ms today. Sure beats aspirin or scrips.

so I will throw in my two cents here. I work for an herbal supplement company and my job is to make liquid extracts. we make alcohol, glycerin, and oil extracts, but only of currently legal herbs unfortunately. but the oils are made with organic extra virgin olive oil heated just slightly with a heat band to about 150f and it will macerate for about a month before we press it. again this is our process for non mj extracts and I don't have the means to try right now, but I hope it might be of use.

much love friends

I made a batch of these last week. A+ I have been handing them out to everybody! I even had one friend say that he was going to stop smoking for a month and just take the caps to see if that makes him feel better. Perfect dosage and they seem to work a bit faster than a normal edible, as soon as you get that funky coconut burp its time to roll.

Chepnut,
the coconut funk burp! I love it, and have come to know it well. haha.

I made another batch a few weeks back. Ended up with several hundred and just as my old batch was running out. So I've completely laid off smoking. Seems every time I post here I have a cold (another sinus infection actually), so no smoking.

One is barely perceptible, two gives a nice small, manageable buzz, and I haven't tried three yet, its not what I use these for.

Sleeping has become so much easier for me since using these. I fall asleep but I typically can't STAY asleep. But now I'm able to, or at least I'm able to fall back asleep if I wake up and my mind starts to wander.

To those of you who put this out there. Thank you thank you thank you. I see here in Boulder someone is making these capsules for the dispensaries, so yes, there are people out there making money on these - how much I have no idea. But for me, and many others here, it's a fantastic alternative to pain meds or in my case sleep meds. And for that I can't thank those who put this together enough.

I'll be popping my one or two in a few hours. And sleeping better because of it.

take care
freeheeler

Glad to see the thread still put to good use. :sniff:
Love the various methods people are using and how it affects different people.

I still take these for several reasons including pain relief, sometimes just for a stealth buzz when family is around and whenever I am having trouble sleeping.

Making some of these today. Using kief about 7 grams and 5 tablespoons of coconut oil.

187mg bho capsules. melt ur face time

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20140130_2347081547367185.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20140130_2347081547367185.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 3
Wow Sway, pretty!
For what it is worth; I started adding fennel, dill, licorice(deglyz for those with sensitivity) and marshmallow to my recipe (gripe water recipe). It pretty much eliminates the "burp" and after taste if you want to ingest the whole herb. Ginger or cilantro is good too for the folks with GERD. Good for the tummy too. You can do other herbal remedy combinations as well, using the infused oil as your carrier. Sometimes valerian is good for those who have anxiety trouble.

Back