Coconut Bud Capsules

420Amigo

Jealous people suck
Came across this a couple weeks ago and decided to make these. Let me say they are definitely pain meds. Two of these and I'm good, Mrs Amigo likes three of them. Effects last for hours.

What you need:

1 cup organic virgin coconut oil.
1 oz of your favorite bud.
200-250 Gelatin or vegetable capsules. Size 00 Capsules.
A small sauce pan.
A food processor to grind up the bud.
A candy thermometer.
A Cap-M-Quick to hold the capsules.
A dropper/baster/spoon, etc to get the oil into the capsules.

First separate the bud from the stems. I tossed the stems, but you can grind em up if you really want. What you want is a very fine powder. If your bud is still moist (or really sticky with resin) you may want to put it in an oven @ 175 degrees for 20 minutes before you put it in your food processor.

1oz of bud in powder form takes up very little space in the bowl.

picture.php

Last edited:
Coconut Oil

1. Put one cup of coconut oil in a saucepan and slowly heat the oil to 300 degrees F.
  2. Add the bud powder all at once and stir well.
  3. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to 100 degrees F. while stirring occasionally.

picture.php

Last edited:
While the mixture is cooling, separate the capsules and put the long end in the Cap-M-Quick (or other filler).

picture.php

Last edited:
I thought the mixture would be more like a paste, but it remained in it's liquid state.
When the mixture cools to 100 degrees F, load up the dropper (I found one I liked at a Walgreen's and drilled a larger hole in the end) and fill the capsules.
Each time you fill the dropper, stir the mix to keep the bud from settling.

After you get all 50 capsules filled, put the tops on the capsules and "snap" them down.

picture.php

Last edited:
Stick them in the freezer while you do the next batch of 50 to solidify the oil in the capsules.
I found these pill pouches to store the capsules in.

The directions said it would make 200 capsules, but I ended up with 288.

Any questions just ask!

picture.php

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty slick. About how long does it take em to kick in? And was the buzz pretty much like eating other eatables like cookies? I have to be careful with eatables because my tolerance is lower than most, but I love the effects when I've dialed in.

Wow that's pretty slick. About how long does it take em to kick in? And was the buzz pretty much like eating other eatables like cookies? I have to be careful with eatables because my tolerance is lower than most, but I love the effects when I've dialed in.

It takes me about an hour or more before I really start to feel it in earnest. However, half a beer will kick it into full fledged pain meds much sooner. Also, if the effects begin to wear off, finish the other half of beer and your right back where you peaked.

I tried just one at first to gauge the effect and it was ok, but not really enough. Two were great. I think three would be too much for me, but Mrs Amigo sure seems to enjoy it.

It seriously will last for 4 hours or more.

Last edited:
420Amigo-----> nice! I make a coco-kief paste pretty regularly. I've been wondering if the gelatin would hold the paste.

Stryder----> takes about 2 hrs for me to feel it when I an 1/8 tsp of my mix.

Same or different method? If different, post it up. I made this one exactly as it was described and I'm happy with the results. It takes a while to kick in, but it's worth the wait. :flyguy:

This sounds better and better. I'm off to the whole food grocery for some coconut oil and a caps easy fill kit if they have one. My girl has been having some trouble with tendentious pain, maybe these caps will help, she could swallow one cap and pop another one and rub it into the painful areas (like people do with vitamin E caps).

If they don't have the cap filler, the Cap-M-Quick Kit is roughly $35.00. Includes shipping, the tamper, the filler, and 1000 empty gelatin capsules. For a few dollars more you can get the vegetarian capsules, but I don't know if they Veggie caps will dissolve in oil at 100 degrees?

They take up to 5 days to ship out, but they send USPS Priority mail so it arrives within 3 days from the day they ship.

Well I tried this recipe, and love it!!! I am cautious, so I used 1/4 cup oil to a 1/4 of buds. I followed the instructions fairly close except I allowed the oil to hit 325 degrees before I added the weed. I made one hell of a mess capping the first 50. The next 25 were much neater and looked a lot better, (note to self; let the mixture set at least 12 hrs before cappin). I think the recipe is fine on it's own Thanks for turning us on to it Amigo420.

are you guys using gelatin caps or the vegetable cellulose caps?

i thought i heard that putting the coco oil in the veggie caps will melt them so you have to use gelatin.

I'm using the gelatin caps.

I mentioned I was not sure if they would melt at 100 degrees, but the owner of a health food store that sells the capsules says the vegetable capsules should be the same.

Just a FYI, the gelatin caps are made from bovine hyde and the vegetable caps are made from pine bark. :smarty:

Thanks for posting your experience with them Stryder!

Cannabrex Nutriceutical

Hell yeah bro! This link has GREAT products to store and intensify the buzz! From personal experience, they really mess you up lol! They also sell different kits!

Stick them in the freezer while you do the next batch of 50 to solidify the oil in the capsules.
I found these pill pouches to store the capsules in.

The directions said it would make 200 capsules, but I ended up with 288.

Any questions just ask!

picture.php

any idea if after you put them in the freezer can you carry them on you in 100 degree weather without an issue??

I wonder if the cannabrex stuff is worth the money??

I bought a Cannabrex kit a couple of years ago. Didn't like the end product very much using whole herb to make it, but I would try it again with hash or oil as the cannabinoids source. My stomach is a little touchy about having ground flowers material in it.

I googled "cannabrex reviews" and so far I haven't seen a positive response. I like the colored capsules, but otherwise I'm happy with the Coconut Bud Caps. They definitely work for me and it looks a lot cheaper too.

I've only tried two caps at a time and the high is cerebral. I can think clearly, speak clearly, etc. but have that "wonderful feeling" throughout my body. These are keepers for sure. If my eyes didn't get glossy and red I could call it a stealth buzz.

I'm going to the Red Bull Air Race this weekend on the Detroit River and plan to have some on hand so I can keep that oh-so-great feeling watching the excitement.

Back