Cobbed buds anyone?

ClearBarbedFunk

Invalid Email Users
I come across a thread were growers are cobbing there harvest.

Reviews of this cobbled cannabis are somewhat unbelievable, said to be very potent. From what I've seen the using mostly straight up sativas.

Really wondering if anyone here has tried the tech or have even toked on some cobbed product?

The technique looks real interesting and thought I might give it a go. Any input would be appreciated, thanks

I understand you get out what ya put in, potent weed makes potent cobs, but these cobs look nice :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 38
Wow, a name for wrapped up bud's, Cobbed. I guess we have to have a name for every thing.

In the day of true stick, they just used the fiber from the stalk to wrap smaller buds on a large one with open spaces. The added in bud filled the space, oh was that the shit.

Not knocking this, but all it is wrapped up bud, comprised a bit by this action, during time would be slow and long, hence a nice cure would be accomplished if one wants to avoid mold at least internally.

Now if we are dipping it into opium we might be into some much stronger shit, but I just see good bud packaged differently, and nice long slow cure will make any bud seem stronger and potent compared to a faster dry and no cure bud of same plant.

Hey real high, thanks for checking in. The technique is much like how a Malawi cob is done. Semi dried, packed in corn husk in place of banana leaf. Then sweat the cob, dry and then seal a meal to cure.

I was thinking the sweat, and some fermentation taking place, might be doing something to the buds beyond a regular long cure in a jar, don't know for sure. Gonna give it a go here shortly with current flowering plants and see how it goes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 24
Cool deal CBF..I can't wait to hear your results. I take it you are now placing them in a cool dry place?

Nah, I just pulled these pics to show what was goin on. First week in June I'll harvest indoor and give it a go, thought someone here might have tried it already and give some feedback.

i been following his thread for some time. I want to try some but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. looks pretty damn good to me

Been looking into that one too. Seems the long flower sativas are the ones it is are for, though I haven't seen any results done with modern hybrids.

Some of those sativas by the Spanish breeders are supposed to be best after about 6 months of curing. I wonder if cobbing speeds them up at all.

Some years ago I had a sativa leaning nirvana calio-o that barely got me high after 3 weeks cure. But the same bud at 4 months was a true experience.

I would like to try some cobbing, I am a bit afraid of mold.

Interesting topic.

Once wrapped and placed in a loose Baggie for 24hrs, don't believe that's enough time for mold to develop. After that you seal a meal the cob and suck all the air out. No air no mold.

Your not puttin wet bud in the cob, your using bud were the stem bends but does not snap. Hang dry as normal, crispy on the outside, moist on the inside.

For sure you should be experienced in drying and curing your harvest. I wouldn't recommend it to someone that isn't up to speed drying.

I've seen guys hang dry way to long nod then jar up, never having to burp as the weed is to dry to start with. Makes for some harsh tokes. Then I've seen were its hung dry right to the point the stem snaps, and then jarred, but never burped and smells rotten, tokes like crap, and leaves a lump of black charred bud in the bowl.

Most all of us understand jar curing, and the diff it makes in the toke. For me, my jarred bud is still moist and tacky, I think there should still be some tackyness to the buds done right. Of course I do t get it right everytime, sometimes a bit to dry.

If you pull a bud from the jar and it easily crushes up between your thumb and fore finger then IMO it's to dry to toke, well dried and cured bud should need a grinder or thumb nail to bust up.

But everyone has there own idea of what good cured weed should be like and what they prefer.

As far as a cob, practice makes perfect, you may mess some up first go, I'm sure it's a learned technique, and much like hash making, some plants make great hash some don't.

Much like bho, if you use your best product you get some crazy potent goods, if your just using a botched harvest/ grow to get something outta it, you get crappy bho.

Also indica and hybrids aren't meant for this process, for what ever reason(density) ? So if your looking to produce some serious, potent, magic smoke ya need to get to growing Sativa/ Sativa Dom lines for the process.

I cure my buds like you CBF.
I just opened a QP from 2 years ago, everything was stuck together with gooeyness.
Going to have to remember the trick of baggies then seal-a-meal. SWT#3

It is very interesting and one might take the time on some very nice top quality Sativa buds to make it extra specially nice.

I have never done it, but instead of trimming off all the bud leaf, just take out the large ones, and your roll the leaf around the bud and finish out curing it. That idea was mainly to use the leaf to protect all the tric's on the bud from getting rubbed off.

I will be watching to see how all works for you and any others that try it and post about it.

I'm talking out of my ass but I think smoking leaves is harsh, isn't that why we trim? I understand the idea with sativas having a high calyx to leaf ratio though...

I did not say smoke the leaf, I said it was used to wrap around the bud to keep the tric's from getting all knocked off, and if grown right and quality bud, bud leaf is not bad at all when it is all cut up with part of the bud. A large bud will always leave more bud to smoke than bud and leaf.

I remember reading that some native Malawians actually buried their cobs for months before smoking. The herb was described as being brownish black when removed and crazy potent.

Can't wait to hear how it works out CBF, good luck.

guerilla

I remember reading that some native Malawians actually buried their cobs for months before smoking. The herb was described as being brownish black when removed and crazy potent.

Can't wait to hear how it works out CBF, good luck.

guerilla

years ago i got herb in jamaica that was black. the rastas said they would bury it in the ground for weeks for it to 'ripen'. it was strong shit. any weed that looks black is usually pretty strong IMO. I found the same to be true with herb in south america....we called it the ecuadorean black death. two hits and you'd be tripping.

learn something new everyday..way cool CBF..
I have a couple of sativas out this year and will give a few buds a try..also have some corn growing but don't think the timing will be right..guess I could freeze a few husks..

Back