Carty's Photo Periods

Hey Carty what fabric pots are you using?

I kinda jump around a bit, usually going with the best deal for a pack... and although a bargain shopper, I don't always go with the cheapest.

Ke senle 10 Pack 1.8 Gallon Grow Bags,Nonwoven Vegetable Flower Plant Grow Bags with Durable Handles $11.69 at Amazon

these were to by my veg to preflower pots.. One thing I notice doing a side by side, the oxy pots promote more upward growth as do
the solid green pots while the fabric pots seem to control it better.. but need to test a lot more to verify this..

Look for non woven for indoor, don't fall for name brand pots... it's all same fabric, just check your seams when they arrive and trim off any
excess stitching left and good to go... :boxing:

Not since test growing for Motarebel like 10yrs ago with Gymshoes have I been so impressed with a breeders plants..

So far I've had 100% germ rates on his beans, but I've never asked for bean one.. on his 3rd gift I proposed he just sponsor me kinda joking around.. and he said yes. no commitment other then to grow his gear as I have been and he'll keep me in beans to test or just grow for fun..

The Glazed Dosidos is freaking amazing, but especially for a plant that came down around day #50..
20210816_040006.jpg

20210816_040055.jpg

20210816_040026.jpg

Trying to figure out what to grow next besides the clones I have rooting... one plant that has seriously caught my eye is the Starfighter Kush x Vietnamese Black...

She has almost no nodes once you get a few inches up each branch with flower sites at each one. Quite incredible.. so, I had to research her a bit more and talk to

the creator over at Worchestershire Farms... "Dosee" and this is what the mom was...

Starfighter is an indica-dominant hybrid whose combined obscurity and quality have garnered this strain quite the reputation among growers and connoisseurs alike. Bred by Alien Genetics, Starfighter mixes genetics from Alien Tahoe OG and Lemon Alien Dawg to create a sweetly aromatic, uplifting hybrid that boasts its potency with a sparkling coat of star-like trichomes. Although the original Starfighter genetics have been discontinued, Exotic Genetix have resurrected similar phenotypes in seed form.

Indica dominant pheno for sure, exactly has Dosee described. removed lower branches and trying to clone all 4.. I think 2 are rooted..

Right now in the flower tent we have her, a Carty Oger Forum cut, Dirty Maria by Oldsogcoc and a seed I found in CSI Humboldt run of the Savage Mendo and hoping
it's a female...

Veg Tent atm: 4 Oger cuts, 4 Starfighter x VB, 2 ECSD x Oger from Bigsur, up potting has begun.. hehe.

photos at next update, thanks for all who stop in, means a lot.... be safe

Impressive VB cross

Every once in a while you grow out a new strain and your like wow, she sure is looking wonderful.... and just like my Oger cut, she roots up without the need of a humidity dome..

With my concern of low yields, it's a strain like this that can turn it all around. She fills in every inch of her branch with almost no node stretch, even at flower..

Starfighter Kush x Vietnamese Black by Worcestershire_Farms "Diggy Soze"

A VB by Doc D was reversed, then a different VB by Snow High was pollinated by the reversal plant...

Starfighter by LEDseedz was then used to create this particular brand strain....

He also has the same cross but add Azad Kashmir from here that I gifted to Argo a few years ago... those are up soon...

100_0023 (2).JPG100_0021.JPG

Aside from some bug issues when I ran it, the Asian beauty (mostly VB) wasn’t that bad from a stretch or a yield perspective considering. Curious to see if she gives you the munchies. The girlfriend and I end up finding each other at the pantry right after dinner the munchies are so strong with the AB.

Aside from some bug issues when I ran it, the Asian beauty (mostly VB) wasn’t that bad from a stretch or a yield perspective considering. Curious to see if she gives you the munchies. The girlfriend and I end up finding each other at the pantry right after dinner the munchies are so strong with the AB.

Oh nooooo, munchies I do NOT need... hehe. I'm really hoping by the looks of things that this cross is Kush dom towards the Starfighter side of things.. Alien Genetics
are known for producing outstanding plants and I just hope I've stumbled across one here.. Diggy is doing great work and he's another grower/breeder I've decided to hook up with and do some work by donating him my Oger and GG in cuts tomorrow.. being in a pure legal state he can do so much more then I can and hopefully get her available in a seed form cross...

Up next from the 2 sponsors will be....

Worcestershire_Farms strain : Azad Kashmir x Vietnamese Black (Indica Pheno) feminized

Oldsogcoc strain : Monkey Venom, Chunky Monkey x Durban Poison f4 landrace feminized

awaiting for Oldsog's to arrive so atm prepping, cleaning and ordering new pots or cups... Probably start 4ea to allow for mistakes... hehe. see ya soon..

When I grew out the Savage Mendo by CSI Humboldt, I had a light leak issue that wound up being my timer and my fault..... the result was
a few seeds found in nugs amounting to less then 5 viable seeds so, thought I'd test one..
Just sexed as female, may go to the big house to be a future mom ...
Smendo 3b.JPG

My Oger clone in flower this time is looking wonderful as I allowed her to veg long enough to do something... lots of budsites this time..
Carty's Oger b.JPGCarty's Oger d.JPG

Clones of both the Oger and the Starfighter x VB
Clones just rooted.JPG

The Rez's ECSD x Oregon Kids Oger
ECSD x Oger.JPG

The Starfighter x VB looking wonderful, removed some inner leaf's to expose the inner area
SFB a.JPG
SFB b.JPG
SFB right.JPG
SFB top.JPG

Thanks everyone..... time to step things up in the Carty Collective..

I'll be working very closely with 2 breeders for a bit, so all other projects are officially on hold....

Oldsog "Cabinet of Curiousities" a particular line in his gear... 90% feminized stock with regulars going to ZeroZero..

Diggy Soze of Worcestershire_Farms wants me to test grow a few of his strains, to get involved with a new auto breeding project,
to work with my Oger to get her reworked and into a seed form of some type...
For now though, think I'll drop a few of his feminized Azad Kashmir x Vietnamese Black... Azad seems to be getting a small following,
wanna see what all the fuss is aboot... hehe.

So, getting the small tent all cleaned up and ready to drop down the 1st strains from each and do a side by side run....

Monkey Venom by Oldsog has me excited about growing.... Chunky Monkey x Durban Poison reversed (Colorado Cut)
or
D' Grape Fire (Chem D x Grape Stomper bx2) x Northfire Cookies reversed..

will be difficult to choose from these 2... and some Sativa dom strains to go to Atilla's place for testing....

Right now, I'm about mid flower on 1 plant and just behind her is the Oger.... but this Starfighter x VB is freaking amazing and glad I cloned her for both houses...

4 Gorilla Glue and 2 Oger cuts just put down

20210828_233638 (2).jpg
Starfighter x Vietnamese Black clones
20210828_233709 (2).jpg
Carty's Oger Forum Cut
20210828_233704 (2).jpg

2 in flower...
20210826_173312 (2).jpg
Oger
20210826_173352 (2).jpg

Starfighter x VB..
20210826_173303 (2).jpg

20210826_173343 (2).jpg

20210826_173337 (2).jpg

I'll be putting the double sets of clones above into flower soon to keep this 30 day rotation going, after that, time to just fill the tent with testers.... hehe.

stay tuned, this is going to get fun....

Last edited:
Well, in preparation for new beginnings the 2 larger sets of cuttings and the ECSD x Oger have all 3 been placed into the flowering tent to keep buds coming in....

Today goodies are supposed to arrive and I'll make a decision tonight on just what to put down along with the Azad Kashmir x Vietnamese Black.... only thing in the

veg tent atm is the small bucket of recent cuttings so one light was turned off while the other was raised.... fan speed reduced..

Storms have slowed mail orders to a crawl..... should have all kinds of goodies arriving soon...

New Foods: Nectar of the Gods 4 part.... 3gal felt pots back to use for flowering in hopes of improving overall yields....

Cool part about these pots is they have eyelets all around the upper edge of the pot for LST work... I like this better then bamboo and used to use fishing line to
pull branches apart...

small tent is ready.... pots are being washed.... seeds otw..

Congrats on bud of the month buddy, you'll carry a banner for the rest of the year. Plants are looking nice. I see your running some starfighter cross. Been looking for cherry tart by ledseedz. Had a place that has pj's gear but he closed to take care of his parents. Said he would open back up later with a big sale. If you run across some of that cherry tart please let me know. Right now I have expert gorilla and cherry bomb going and thinking about the vietnamese black but 16 weeks flower on a small grow setup is rough.

Last edited:
The eyelets on the pots are super nice. I’ve been using safety pins but they don’t work quite the same

Congrats on bud of the month buddy, you'll carry a banner for the rest of the year. Plants are looking nice. I see your running some starfighter cross. Been looking for cherry tart by ledseedz. Had a place that has pj's gear but he closed to take care of his parents. Said he would open back up later with a big sale. If you run across some of that cherry tart please let me know. Right now I have expert gorilla and cherry bomb going and thinking about the vietnamese black but 16 weeks flower on a small grow setup is rough.

That is what I like about this Starfighter x Vietnamese Black... it's at day 33 and a good halfway done.. Diggy said it was Indica dom as he breed her and looked for
that pheno to isolate... you can for sure see the Sativa influence in the leaf structure though.. and she clones up easier then my Oger does... found a new love if the smoke is as good as the grow.... find out pretty soon and already have cuts going...
SF x VB cuttings x 2 in one pot... going into 3gal pot soon...
Clones SF x VB.jpg
SF x VB, the 2 cuts, 2 oger cuts, 1 ECSD x Oger
loving this SF x VB.jpg
SF x VB branch
sf x vb bud.jpg
Oger
Oger 30 day flower.jpg

The Oldsog grow has begun by dropping 4 of his D'Grape Fire and believe it or not, my very own Miss Piggy x Skunk #1 from 2018..

The eyelets on the pots are super nice. I’ve been using safety pins but they don’t work quite the same

Right, doesn't it piss ya off we didn't think of it 1st make some $$$... lol. getting ready to try it with my Oger... take some shots when I do ok... I call them my biker
pots.. look like side saddles.. lol

Evil, thanks for the Kudos on me winning bud of the month at the other site... my 1st bud of the month anywhere... tied here once, but can't count that as a full win ya know? I'm just no getting back into the swing of things.. give me time and I'll start rocking these threads agin peeps ok....

Back