Carty's Photo Periods

Cartman

Yeah, well it's time.. I had a lot of fun learning autos, but autos with little stretch and LED's is just
not a good mix, time to move on and here we go..

Photo Period Strains:

Boo's Red Cheese (bagseed found in a nug)
Monster Cookies
Sour Turbo F2
Afghani in the Raw x Azad x Diana F5
Cherry Bruce Apollo
White Erkle x Double Underdog
Apollo 11 x G13

first 2 are up and going, others were just put into cups yesterday when I decided to go full steam
ahead...

Organics as usual, Roots Organics soil and my cheap arese 600w led light... hoping with photos
having 2-3x's stretch when flipped to 12/12 these should fit in my little tent perfectly if I short
veg them for like 14 days.. 1ft bushy little plants should turn into 3ft ladies...

this assorted run may help me decide which to run first or are cuttings my best bet.... should be
a fun journey either way...

Oh awesome! Looking forward to watching the red cheese grow! Is this from the same gene pool as U.K. cheese?

Should definitely be an interesting journey. Good luck :)

Thank you sir.. it should be with all of these being new to me.. so far 3 are up and going green..

Oh awesome! Looking forward to watching the red cheese grow! Is this from the same gene pool as U.K. cheese?

I actually have no idea.. I do have some original UK Cheese seeds, but saving them for when I can do them right... this Red Cheese is
the same one Boo has been running, seeds came out of a bud from him.. hoping it's fem'd.. but have no idea where it originated from, guess I should ask huh? lol.

The only one to not make it since starting all this was a seedling by Motarebel called " Valley Ghash " G13 x 88HP female X LBL male.
so replaced it with one of the largest seeds to cross my path in a long time.. "Heather" for an even 8 cups started..

What?! No chocolate anythings? (or did i miss something)

Well, break a leg on all those, Carty. Never sampled any of those, so will be watching

What?! No chocolate anythings? (or did i miss something)

Well, break a leg on all those, Carty. Never sampled any of those, so will be watching

Hi Nannymouse, long time .. and you would remember I have all them Chocolate Genetics.. wanna here something funny,
i just got thru plucking a few hundred Choc Trip F4 seed stock from our 2019 run. I say we only because I supply the seeds
and ZeroZero makes more... Just in: CT F4, Bubba Chunk F3, E.B. Purps F3, LBL Lemon Tree pheno F3 & Tutenkhamon F5.
The Bubba Chunk is very nice...

I rarely do this big of an assortment, using this as a trial period. checking germination % and early growth traits.. with the current grow still having a long way to go yet, I thought maybe sexing a few of these well before then would allow me to either
take cuttings off a nice female or 2, or just up pot the best plants as all I really need for my small tent is 4 unless I'm going to do
a SOG style grow which would work fine. still kind of up in the air.....

We have babies everywhere though.... now up and greening are:
Red Cheese, Monster Cookies, Diana F5 cross, Apollo 11 cross, White Erkle x DUD & Cherry Bruce Apollo all up..

should be fun to see how I'll screw this one up.... hahahaha... yeah, kicking my own ass a bit as I've not struggled like this in my 15+yrs... turns out a cheap arse LED doesn't compare to even my 400w hps light.. I see T5 additions in my near future to make this successful.. we'll see what Ladybug approves.... lol

I'm having a difficult time finding info on a strain I'm cracking.... " Heather "

I found this but it still fails to tell you what strains were used.. the write up sounds interesting

Heather
THC = CBD

Some studies have looked at combinations of cannabinoids which include a roughly equal amount of THC and CBD. Combining THC and CBD in similar amounts diminishes the sedating psychoactive effect possible with higher THC concentrations while increasing the overall targeted therapeutic effect of the medication. CBD and THC also work very well together for certain pain related conditions. Our pharmacists commonly advise this type of medication for painful muscle spasm disorders, neuropathic pain, select cancer related pain and other conditions.

Leafline Labs

If this has the medical properties as described, this would be a great strain to cross into a very potent strain such as
Jacks Cleaner 2 or the likes.. sounds like a lower THC level with a matched CBD level works for pain purdy good..
The seeds I plucked from the few nugs passed my way were at least twice the size of all other seeds I have on hand.
this seedling was added last to the photo run here as a tester... photos soon when all are up and running in their solo
cups...

If things go well, then first run of the new year will be our Chocolate Run I've been holding off on... I still have my little
collection of Choc crosses and not only make my Ladybug happy but also Nannymouse... hahahaha... much love girl.

Carty out

Interesting lineup for sure and I know you will bring out the best in them my friend...been a long drawn out summer here and I`m glad it`s over...so I`ll be here all winter long and I`ll try my best to participate as I`ve been doing a lot of looking and not a lot of responding so please forgive me for that...onward through the fog and good luck to you and this grow...take care n stay safe.

Hey Guys and thanks for stopping in... I plan on taking some baby photos tomorrow for ya's..

Reibsi my brother, thanks for stopping in man. Hey, we all tend to post less at times and usually it's just life
getting in the way a bit huh? Hope your crop this year was great bro.. I've seen what ya do and know it's gotta
be a lot of work.

Well, looks like I've got 3 quitters on me.. to be fair I tested these by soaking them in filtered water for 2 days
and then dropping them right into the cups.. to my surprise some were already cracking and showing the little
white tails.. impressive. Probably have a better success rating going from there to paper towels, but i wanted to
see who was tough & badass fighters... and so I found 5..

RIP... Heather, Sour Turbo F2 & White Erkle x DUD. may they perform better next time their # is chosen... lol.

I've never had great luck starting plants in solo cups, so any suggestions would be great.. hehe.

I`ve been using this method for germinating my seeds and it works flawlessly...fold 2 sheets of a quality paper towel into one and then push them into a glass like I`ve pictured here...I wrap the folded paper towel around a spice bottle that is slightly smaller then the glass's opening and push it gently into the glass....pour a few inches of water in the glass and swirl it around until the paper towel is completely soaked...put the seeds that you`ve pre soaked overnight into the glass between it and the paper towel...cover the glass with a plastic bag...I put a grow pot over it so that it`s in the dark and place it on the warm spot on top of a T-5...in a day you should have a nice strait 2+ inch seedling to plant...keep about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the glass as this will keep the paper towel wet by wicking it up and the root will grow strait down to the water...good luck and I hope this helps...I`m really stoned here so I hope I got this right, lol...take care n stay safe.
IMG_1993 (480x640).jpgIMG_1992 (640x480).jpgIMG_1995 (480x640).jpg

I think I need to clear a few things up.. this is basically a small test of genetics and maybe, just maybe find a female or 2 I can take cuttings off of eventually..

Reibsi, interesting way of germinating.. and yes, I was brutal to these.. but that was on purpose.
I wanted to find the toughest seedlings, survivors.. and I figured if they can make it thru a short
germ process, kind of like a good rain might do.. the 5 that made it are just that... tough
little plants .. and here we go.

Babies n more 001.jpgBabies n more 003.jpg

Babies n more 009.jpgBabies n more 013.jpg

Babies n more 014.jpgBabies n more 017.jpg

Babies n more 019.jpgBabies n more 022.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled up my Lazyboy to subscribe to another thread by Carty!! That Monster Cookie sounds like a winner. Best of luck with your RC.

Pulled up my Lazyboy to subscribe to another thread by Carty!! That Monster Cookie sounds like a winner. Best of luck with your RC.

Hey bro... yeah, this testing is for sure giving me great hints on what to run 1st.. The Monster Cookies is #1 and a
close 2nd is the Afghani in the Raw x Azad x Diana F5 aka: Princess Di. the MC developed it's 2nd set of leafs fast
with PD right behind.. the other 2 show a very different structure of leafs, a bit more Sativa probably..

Note: I found an error in my plants and who is who: Astro Boy = Cherry Bruce Apollo by my buddy Argo's Gardens..

Monster Cookies..
zzzzzzz 015.jpg<<>>zzzzzzz 014.jpg

Princess Di..

zzzzzzz 018.jpg<<>>zzzzzzz 016.jpg

The other 2.. lol
zzzzzzz 023.jpg

The 4 seedlings that made the final cut... along with Boo's Red Cheese already in a 2gal pot
zzzzzzz 029.jpg

Red Cheese (fem'd hopefully)
zzzzzzz 038.jpg

I share a good % of my seeds with a seed partner I've known over 10yrs and over many sites...ZeroZero.

One of the strains I shot to him 2yrs ago was Bubba Chunk.. Bubba Kush x Tom Hills Deep Chunk
this is the flavor I've been craving for years and it was Bubba. Now to find one with a Minty taste I'll have all 3.. the other is Chocolate..

So a few lovely fresh 2019 nugs made it my way and full of seeds to pluck out. big fat ones too, so I put 60 away for myself and have over a 100 to share with whomever.. this is wonderful 2 hit stuff too. I'll be germinating 10 just as a test on germ %..

Also arriving with it was: LBL F4 and man is it nice... Chocolate Trip F4 and a few others..

Time to pack up some beans and get ready for the "Ranch" outdoor grow of 2019, harvest of 2020....
UK Cheese #1
Sunshine Daydream
Saginaw Valley Skunk x Starfighter IBL
Purple Kush x Purple Rhino
Afghani in the Raw x Mels Punch
Sweet Tooth #3 x Forbidden Fruit
Azads Kashmire
Gorilla Breath
Dragons Glue

As you can see it's a nice list of wonderful genetics.. and sometimes we attempt a new cross to be tested..
The 2 of these I want to cross.. UK Cheese #1 x Saginaw Valley Skunk/Starfighter IBL..My thinking is a
wonderful Skunk cross could result in the offspring...

I'll keep ya posted on my photo period experiments.. from germination to test grows... thanks for listening,
now is Bubba Chunk in the running for 1st run... gonna have to cup a few...

Very thorough update, thanks Cartman

Hey, not like I have much else to do, so why not... a large # of peeps talk to me thru the manna area letting me know they are watching so I keep chugging along..

ATTN: Sweet Tooth #3 x Forbidden Fruit has been pulled after receiving info the beans might have issues. Just the fact it's unsure I will not use it. It happens..

Like I said before, this first grow is not a full on grow but more of a testing of 4 diff genetics.. started with 8 and these are the ones who made it..

I will put these in order of who I like best...
#1.. Monster Cookies still.. fast leaf growth for just getting mostly bathroom window lighting.. the leaf structure shows a hybrid leaning towards indica dom.. healthy..

#2.. Okay, Ladybug over rode me on this one... Gorilla Breath. Yup, leave it to a woman to choose the broken plant, very head heavy and trying it's best to stem over. so tonight it received a little support to lean on. It is a very nice looking plant though

#3.. Princess Di, my 2nd choice, but like I said.. ladybug has spoketh.. this plant is second in growth with no stemming over issues.. for not having a fan on them to give the stems a workout they are staying small... so imagine treated better eh?

#4.. Not last place, none of these could ever take last place, so 4th it is.. hehe.
The main reason this plant is rated #4 is the Sativa dom leaf structure.. but with that said and it's very light green appearance, sure has my attention..

I'm ordering a bunch of 4" pots and after picking up fresh potting soil.. I'll be getting a bit more serious about starting a bunch.. after watching someone on here start seeds in smaller pots with the type of root growth I want, I'll be attempting to do the same..

Next up is a germination test of this years seed harvest of Bubba Chunk.. not to grow, but to just go thru the basic germination steps of..
24hrs in water, seed should sink and remain sunken..
2-3 days in damp paper towel, into baggie, into oven mit, into dark place.. 70-80f

after 3 days we'll check them and assure they are ready to be shared with interested parties... I'll post it all up too... after smoking the Bubba Chunk it's very difficult to not to a large grow of just it.... muwahahahaha

photo update of testers

Um, stoned and got all chatty, forgot a few photos... :kendo2:

3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 067.jpg

3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 054.jpg
Monster Cookies
3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 057.jpg

3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 059.jpg
Princess Di
3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 060.jpg

3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 062.jpg
Gorilla Breath
3 Little Piggy's all in bloom 065.jpg