Carty Testing TSW-2000

Cartman

Mars Hydro approached me on another site where they are sponsor and, asked me if I'd like to test the TSW-1000, I said no. because it's the same strength or
lower then my Spider Farmer light so why go thru it all for that. next offer was the next size light up making it a worth while upgrade in power..

Testing it for the next year under contract with MH.. The light should be here today, so tonight will be busy a rippin and a tearing stuff down.. hahaha. :thumbsup:

So, I figured, let's do something cool. and since just starting autos in small tent #1, they will stay there and as I finish the auto plants in tent #2, I'll be putting

photo periods in for my 1st grow under the new light.

Goat & Monkey is my seed sponsor and I'll be growing Matt's "Blue Angel". biggest reason I chose it, the Hell's Angel OG I want to try.

B. Angel pkg (2).jpg

As always, Matt puts extra seeds in his sold packs of 6.. this one had 10
B. Angel seeds (2).jpg

Prepping
Blue Angel Grow (2).jpg

TSW-2000 Light info

tsw-2000 e.jpg

tsw-2000 d.jpg

new light tsw-2000.jpg

tsw-2000 c.jpg

I'll be starting from day 1 with unpacking the light and getting it setup.. looking forward to a nice upgrade..

Imo Mars Led, pretty good bang for the Buck, have a 100w in Polly tent and does just fine making seed.

Just replaced T5s with 6 of the 150w units over a 4x 8 tray, and couldn’t be happier.

That’s awesome, can’t wait to see how it goes for you. I’m thinking about having my sister pick up one of those for her first tent she is setting up

.. I said no. because it's the same strength or
lower then my Spider Farmer light so why go thru it all for that. next offer was the next size light up making it a worth while upgrade in power..

Testing it for the next year under contract with MH..

SWEEEET!
Next round, go for an Electricity Stipend!
Just given them an estimate with your local rate and the expected power draw (at veg cycle of course!) for the duration of the test.
Hey, maybe push it a few months down the road... "Ya know, lots of people are talking about this, and have been asked several times if I'm going to try out the XX unit as well? Could probably squeeze that in starting in the fall..." HAHA work it Carty!

Oh, and snapped this Carty Piece in a glass shop for you a while back..
All sorts of funny sayings are coming to mind, in a shouting voice, plays on glass and G_ASS and grass ... and had a nice puff so probably not quite as funny as thinking, so just the pics, just the pics...

Hey Mre... you think that glass shop will sponsor me.... muwahahaha.

Light arrived today and I see the box and am like, ah oh.. that looks pretty big. (what she said) :crazy: lol.

I cannot be happier with this light people. It was easy to assemble and within 15min had it hung inside the tent and working.. starting it at 50% power when I
first powered it up and after a warm up I went to 75% until plants get used to the higher lumens.

Nothing nicer then having a dimmer switch built in and right up front for easy access.. hoping to keep it stationary and use the dimmer switch instead.

Mars Hydro Light...jpg

mhl b...jpg

mhl e...jpgmhl d...jpg

mhl g...jpgmhl c...jpg

mhl f...jpg

Inside the tent and working but I'd like to modify the hanging system so it will be up a little higher...

mhl k...jpg

mhl m (2).jpg

mhl h...jpg

These plants will finish under the new light and hopefully bulk up nicely as they are just starting to stack up a bit.. update in a week.

Next up in this tent under the new light is my seed sponsor Goat & Monkey's Blue Angel.

BushDr your plants turned out pretty dang nice mate..

thanks everyone for stopping in..

I made a similar one years ago using large commercial baking pan and four x 150 panels I run them at 50% [so 300w]..

I put a muffin fan on top of the driver..which sits on top

things run well I love the design and it was pretty cheap to make.....

back then Mars was still using their cob version and awaiting my design to steal....

here is the double [600w version]..[don’t tell them..LOL]

attachment.php

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I think you’ll be fine pinning it and leaving it at the top of the tent. My canopy is always all over the place and I do the same with the dimmer switch, as long as the fans don’t make too much of a shade, the light keeps the nugs nice all the way down.

I made a similar one years ago using large commercial baking pan and four x 150 panels I run them at 50% [so 300w]..

I put a muffin fan on top of the driver..which sits on top

things run well I love the design and it was pretty cheap to make.....

back then Mars was still using their cob version and awaiting my design to steal....

here is the double [600w version]..[don’t tell them..LOL]

attachment.php

Damn, that’s nice work Kushy:thumbsup:

Now I wanna put all mine on a frame, spaced all pro looking, lol. Damn you.

I don’t see how these Mars units daisy chain, I see the connection, but no cables pwr cords work. Do ya have to purchase another cord or what.

Inside the tent and working but I'd like to modify the hanging system so it will be up a little higher...

thanks everyone for stopping in..

Unit fits real nice in there Carty, how’s the heat? Lights on I have the Polly tent all the way open, no blower here. Just a 100w Mars and it gets toasty in the tent.

Haven’t been having any problems with light poisoning at 100% in veg or in the flower spot, and plants get pretty close to the lights. Shot of Polly tent and veg today.

Attachments

• 52F590CA-2FCE-402C-948F-44176C7F7FE9.jpg
    52F590CA-2FCE-402C-948F-44176C7F7FE9.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0A281C4E-1835-481B-8EC6-B5FF8D4D03A5.jpg
    0A281C4E-1835-481B-8EC6-B5FF8D4D03A5.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2
Damn, that’s nice work Kushy:thumbsup:

Now I wanna put all mine on a frame, spaced all pro looking, lol. Damn you.

I don’t see how these Mars units daisy chain, I see the connection, but no cables pwr cords work. Do ya have to purchase another cord or what.

It's weird, they look to connect to one another via a phone line looking data connection. never seen this before.. not that I'll ever have a need to connect more.. hehe.

You have a controller you mount near the two ballast, and, going left to right is as follows. On/Off rocker switch, 2 daisy chain connectors (phone/data lines)
then the dimmer switch knob all the way to the right.

mhl g...jpg

I added an extra fan for more air movement and so far heat has not been an issue running the new light at 75% and above.

Kushyman, seeing a McGyver build such as yours warms my heart. of course your old lady kicked your butt when she came home and seen her cookies sheets
all used up. something I'd do, yup, I've inherited more spoons and mixing containers that way.. haha. seriously though, excellent idea and workmanship.. :dancer:

Just some updated bud shots...

Gamhazn F2 - Gambian F7 x Neville's Haze F3.

something told me this strain was something special or to at least take a chance on it. Not much info or input regarding the Gambian other then the breeder absolutely loved it. No, it was the Neville's Haze in an auto that truly grabbed my attention.

Although after a grow and into day 52, the ladies show very little Haze in appearance, let's hope it does in potency eh?

So, I did a little preflower pollen work and so far by removing a few lower nugs on the smallest plant with already the most orange hairs, sign of a seeded plant
when the others are not as far along.. seeded plants tend to finish a little faster IMHO.

Most of the seeds, if not all, seem to be located in the lower larf nugs, or right around the nodes.. took down the runt at day 50 because she had nice black seeds on her. Harvested 8 viable seeds now drying and 2 non viable. the bigger buds, no seeds, a perfect preflower pollenating IMHO. something I've only tried on Autos. And, after a small test bud and seeing how these have grown out, it would have to be pretty sucky for me to walk away from. so far, impressed to say the least.

Actually, it's down right "Gamhazn" :thumbsup:

Day 52 and maybe 10 more days, what you guys think?

DAY 54 b (2).jpg

GMZ b .jpg54 days, just flushed (2).jpg

GMZ c.jpg51f...jpg

51c...jpgGMZ f .jpg

51e...jpg

The 3 I plan on working further are the big ones, but especially the big girl in the middle of it all... she's a beast of a plant and still growing.

MH 1 (2).jpg

GMZ e.jpgGMZ a.jpg

and these 2

Day 54 c (3).jpgGMZ b .jpg

I like my TSW-2000. It finished the last grow nicely and it started this present grow. I went to hps to finish the last plant after finishing two autos under it. There is no heat 'loss' when we're already paying for fuel heat. I think this Mars light (300 watt) was as effective as the California Lightworks 750 watt I had previously.

I like my TSW-2000. It finished the last grow nicely and it started this present grow. I went to hps to finish the last plant after finishing two autos under it. There is no heat 'loss' when we're already paying for fuel heat. I think this Mars light (300 watt) was as effective as the California Lightworks 750 watt I had previously.

I'm loving mine.. it fills my tent from edge to edge almost, talk about a nice canopy of coverage.. plus the dimmer switch is so nice, I tend to turn it down to just over 50% the last half
hour so it puts them to sleep softer, wakes them up soft and then I crank it to 80%. makes it so I never have to raise or lower the light really..

these Berserker Autos are just over 3wks old.. just cleaned up the bottoms and removed the first set of large shade leaf's so light can access the growing shoots hidden..

c way b (2).jpg

berserker grow 2a (2).jpg

Not yet trimmed, see the difference. now wait a few days, we'll see what the canopy looks like. I find this technique works great for me vs tying them over
at a young age.. to each their own and whatever works for you, work it.. :juggle:
c way d.jpg

Back