C A T N I P (Nepenta cataria)

Few pix of kitty eating,last years catnip and the efects,it has on her...lol....besides good rest/sleep....

So,if us humans,have a toke and a drink of catnip tea,what do you think would happen to you....lol....:party:

Peace...GP....

Look what happens,when I took the Lemon catnip outside in the sun.

It had released a nice lemon scent and look what happened,next....lol....
I had to bring it back inside,to protect the innocent...:locomotive:

The flower pot on the right is the Sweetgrass experiment from the seed..

Peace...GP...

i have smoked catnip before i stumbled across the fact you could smoke it in a legal high book i have
it does not get you stoned like our beloved weed but does have a calming euphoric effect that lasts some time so all good in my book :D

Harvest time,today....yeaaa,happy day....:cheerleader:also a lucky break,we got seeds,yeaaa....:locomotive:

Good drying and curing are in order,looking forward to the tea.
Rest of the plant is stil growing.:catchawave:

Peace...GP....

Bump sorta :)

Nice reminder what you could be doing for your little companions (grow catnip damnit)!!!!!!

:flower::kp:

Bump and an update....lol....

Just finnished harvesting my catnip plant,nice yield.....
It's the same plant as in previous pictures,makes realy nice tea,also good for your tummy and digestion........:goodbad:

It's easy to grow in full sun,by the window and yes the deer like/love it too

Oh yes,the cats love it,too...............:up:

Bump and an update....lol....

Just finnished harvesting my catnip plant,nice yield.....
It's the same plant as in previous pictures,makes realy nice tea,also good for your tummy and digestion........:goodbad:

It's easy to grow in full sun,by the window and yes the deer like/love it too

Oh yes,the cats love it,too...............:up:
I just bought some yesterday!

I love this thread GranPrix :) My kitties (three) love catnip as well.I have a patch outdoors too.They eat it, roll in it..love it.
I had another cat, that I unfortunately lost to a coyote, that loved weed.You could put catnip and weed down on the table and he'd pick the weed, every time.I had to be careful not too leave too many remnants around or he would od on it..lol.

"I just bought some yesterday!"....Good idea Seamaiden.....they make a good houseplant,too....

Budluver,3 kitties on catnip,wholy macaroni,now there is a show and a half....lol....:takin_picture:
Mine cats did not care, for our sacred herb....

I made some catnip tea,while I was bottling my herb beer,so I took a picture of catnip tea and the Wheat/Oaxacan herb beer,for comparison.....

I use honey to sweaten the tea,I like it, hot or cold,season depending.....puffs and cheers.....:puffpuffpass:

im about to harvest my catnip for seed and such. i just toss the seeds around and it grows wild now.

The plant I bought is already flowering, so I should have seeds to sow soon. Stink-mon is gonna have him some fun!

my catnip plant is getting huge, i have been topping it to give to my cat, now its so big but yet it still isn't flowering, and since its a close relative of cannabis and the active ingredient is stored in trichomes, so im guessing that the highest concentration should be in the buds.
How long(in age or size) does it take for it to flower.
Then again, i only have one pot, but there are many plants in the one pot, so are they Asexual like most plants or are they like cannabis with both male & females...:hmm:
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Peace
Proteus

PS; Just went back and read the first page, When i was a kid and temporarily lived in the backwoods of maine, my mother was growing both some variety of Nicitiana And Some Catnip, After tasting the Nictitiana i tried mixing the two and when smoked i did get an effect... i got one hell of a CRAZY
HEADACHE
, that was all. I never have since smoked any "Salvia" or any other type of Canna substitute. I don't reccommend
Peace

Last edited:
Protues,if and when I feel like playing a little trick on my friend,I would sprinkle some catnip into the joint and she loves it,every time....until I tell her....lol.....than,she is amused,that it could smell/taste,that nice.....:applause:I like it too....

This is my small sweetgrass(heirochloe odorata) patch growing and the pictures of drying and dry.
It has a pleasant vanila aroma to it.
I have established this patch in last 3 years from seed and this would be the first cuting and drying and maybe even making braids....2-3 times a summer
Anybody growing any????....maybe pix...???
....:rollitup:

:puffpuffpass:...Goood catnip day to yas...little update...

Still growind the same plant and my new kitty,that is somewhat confused about why she likes catnip,but is in denial about it...lol...:jokercolor:but,if she slowly sneaks up on it,it's just fine thank you...lol....

Merry and Happy catnip holidays to ALL furry friends,puff,puff............:sniff:or is it woofs and meowz....

We raise cat nip too but our present cat isn't as serriously impressed as the prevous two.

Before tea from China, Catnip was the primary tea drunk in Europe.

We are testing catnip,today...kitty eats the flowers and leafs,good for her tummy as salad,she had a nice mouse for breakie,yeaaa.....
I"ll make tea out of catnip,hmmmm good.....:goodbad:

Attachments

• DSC01483 (1).JPG
    DSC01483 (1).JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01484 (1).JPG
    DSC01484 (1).JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01486 (1).JPG
    DSC01486 (1).JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01492.JPG
    DSC01492.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 4
2015 update,got the same catnip plant going for last 6-7 years,at present time it is making buds and seed....it's harvest time and it does smell nice.....:up:
time to make a cup of tea sip,sip.....:wave2:

Attachments

• DSC01466.jpg
    DSC01466.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01463.jpg
    DSC01463.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 2
2015 update,got the same catnip plant going for last 6-7 years,at present time it is making buds and seed....it's harvest time and it does smell nice.....:up:
time to make a cup of tea sip,sip.....:wave2:

Hey send me some seeds ...I own a nip cronic but he is fussy ....walmart brand sucks .

:exactly:

Back