C A T N I P (Nepenta cataria)

I've smoked catnip a couple of times with some herb just to fill in a skant joint. The catnip was just straight 100% dry and didn't smoke that great, but the cats did get curious, they didn't go apeshit like they normally do but were sniffing at the air :). The things we will do to try and get just one last joint outta a baggie :).

m1...

I tried to attract pussy with catnip once. Next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees on the other side of the bar looking for my glasses. She smacked me but good.

***Here kitty kitty***

I came home from work this am and bert was out on the deck he found this years new catnip plant in perilite kicking ass outside right now . I started with petco's fresh catnip plant and then the other half added his extra touch and lo and behold bert found it this am,,,,,,,,,,,,,now does this cat look stoned or what? lol Once I got him out he had flatened the whole plant!

Wow absolutely hilarious....Man he is floating on cloud 9.....That will help him live through his 9-lives...LMAO:flyguy::flyguy:

CQ,that's a happy looking kitty,nice pic.:wavey:
I have noticed,there are 2 catnip leafs(next to left ear) saved for future use...lol...

I use catnip for tea and after 2 month of curing,it does smell flavory,spicy,both smell and taste.
Cats eat it and I make me tea and meowww...lol...I sleep good,after that.

Peace....GP....:pl:

This is my Bandit,the before and after look,cloud #9???
We are all,happy.

when i visited tennessee a long time ago ,, i remember drinking fresh catnip tea it does help you sleep,,,,,,,he didnt kill the plant just seperated it a bit lol,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks all! Bert is very content tonight feeling no pain for sure!

Question??? I have always been under the impression catnips effects are more potent before it begins to flower. I know if I let basil go to flower the leaves take on a much different flavor...less desirable.
An I have also noticed my cat much prefers the leaves of catnip before flower begins. If I let it go to flower, he simply says no thank you...dunno.

Anyone know if it matters?? Maybe my cat is jus used to what the leaves smell/taste like in veg...dunno.

right on CQ..I've givin up on growing catnip..
to many kitties in the neighborhood and they distroy it faster then it can grow..

Hi Annaba

you are right about that before and after flowering,change in taste.

This was my first array into catnip,so my expertise is minnimal at present time,as I had not experimented with variable's.
I grew it same way,I would grow our sacred herb,including fertilisers,watering,harvest,curing etc.... :fishing1:

One of my cats did not take to catnip at first.
After it was dried,she was crazy over it,eating,rolling in it....lol...

Peace...GP...

our 3 cats only like it fresh I gave some that had aged to diesel yesterday and he didnt want anything to do with it,,, bert the night he had his nap in the pot,,, i had never seen him drink so much water before ,,, needless to say next day he was out for 12 hours!

A little update into the catnip experiment,for you health herb lovers...lol...

I have discovered that it is possible to upset my system,by using catnip frequently.
I do not know how potent this nip is,so I use a smaller bud,size of my pinkie finger in 500 ml hot water.I let it steep for 10-15 minutes,with teaspoon of honey.
It does taste,bit minty,nice.

So,what does it do?

I have a restfull sleep and following day I feel melow and good as in peacefull stomach.
I also have noticed,some cleansing effect on my blader and intestines.
It acts like a gentle laxative and there is no pain involved here.
This is the effect that I like,for myself from it.

I found out,that when I used it,for more than 3 nites,I had some cramping in the stomach on the 4 th nite.
If,I stoped at 2-3 nites and give it a break for 2-3 weeks after that,it works to my satisfaction.
I have tried to figure out,the dosage.Tried it,for 4 nites in a row,2 on 1 off 2 on and in the end,several times in last 3-4 month and I have settled on 2-3 nites usage.
I will be using tea for a while longer,to prove to myself,that it's not just me co-operating with myself...lol...cannot be a blind test,right?

One side benefit,after making the tea,the wet catnip is dried out and given to my kitty for some extra vegie/grass with her cat food,she eats it and loves it too...lol...stoner cat.

Peace...GP....:rollj:

If you ware giving your cat fresh catnip and they don't seem interested, try crushing the leaves a little to release the scent.

I check mine during the winter if we get a little warm snap, sometimes it'll shoot out new growth. I pick it so my cats can have some mid winter greens.

Planting catnip in your garden deters aphids, ants and japenese beetles.

Thx GP, interesting experiment.

Given that catnip is a mint, be aware that it can be invasive. It is self sowing and a prolific seeder.

For those with difficulty germinating catnip, try scarifying and/or soaking, same as herb.

Some cats prefer dried, fresh cut or only living. Keep it from flowering until the end of the season and you will have tons of catnip. I will allow a few to flower and keep the rest pruned up. Kitties very happy :D

Trying to catch some ferrel cats, got some excellent (apparently) nip from a friend.
Just put some out without a live trap to see if it would work. Poor ol' Tom. He was truly overdosed. Last time I looked at him that day, he was lying on his back, spread-eagled, totally limp. I thought he was dead!!! Turns out he had a hell of a good time, maybe even too much so! It was hilarious!

At:pl:

:drool:

my sophomore year of college my roomates were always pinching my stash, one time I retaliated by putting catnip in my usual container, later that night they asked me what kind of shit weed that was and I got a good laugh telling them they smoked kitty-nip :pointlaugh:

I had a dorm mate that always hit out half smoked pipes so I stuffed a dead moth in there with a few match heads underneath.

He came in drunk, took a huge hit and it flamed up in his mouth.

He coughed like a maniac and stumbled off saying our Mexican weed sucked.

I have had a lot of experience with catnip. When I was a kid I tried smoking it, eating it, to no effect that I could tell. I wrote it off as useless, but my ol buddy told me that it can be used in tea as a sleep aid and dream enhancer, and that it allows you to "visit" with people in your dreams.

I grew a bunch of them I bought at a farmers market, and they grew into beautiful marijuana like bushes. Upon drinking some in tea, I was pleasantly surprised to have a noticeable shift in my perceptions. Not anything huge, but a noticeable and pleasant effect similar to a couple of tokes of weed in a way. The effects last for a long time, and I noticed distinct shimmers in the dark up to 30 hrs later, and great dream enhancement effects.

Enjoy....

Hiya, catnip friends

This is my 2009 Lemon Catnip inside soil grow.

Seeds,were gifted to me,by a kind member,here,thanx a bunch...

Plants are 4-8 inches tall

Today's picture,they are aprox. 5-6 weels old

I am drinking,2 cups of tea,every 2 weeks and am, enjoying the nice calming effect on my stomach/intestinal track

Peace...GP...:puffpuffpass:

picture.php

Back