Bubble Bags.

Looks good! Has me wanting to bust out the washer, but I aint got shit to wash right now! LOL!

If you lived anywhere around here, I'd give you some trim. I've got so much trim. A lot of it's from this falls outdoor harvest.

Turned out very well. Super happy besides the small yields lol. I’ll get some more pics up as it dries. I was going to freeze the patty’s and sieve them onto parchment paper but I didn’t feel like there was enough to warrant it. Won’t have any fear of mold so party on. Smells like fantastic hash but I lost those blueberry terps when the buds thawed in the freezer.

How much product did you use to get that amount of kief? That looks like a very nice pull to me. IME, any hash that hasn't been put through the strainer wet, and taken down to fine powder, and allowed to completely dry, will mold. Unless you intend to smoke it real quickly. Mold, or not. I'll smoke it anyway. My friends & I have never had any issues from smoking the mold that grows on hash. It gets burnt to ash, so no mold spores could survive. Since I started to strain the kief, about 12 years ago, I've never had a mold issue.

If you lived anywhere around here, I'd give you some trim. I've got so much trim. A lot of it's from this falls outdoor harvest.

How much product did you use to get that amount of kief? That looks like a very nice pull to me. IME, any hash that hasn't been put through the strainer wet, and taken down to fine powder, and allowed to completely dry, will mold. Unless you intend to smoke it real quickly. Mold, or not. I'll smoke it anyway. My friends & I have never had any issues from smoking the mold that grows on hash. It gets burnt to ash, so no mold spores could survive. Since I started to strain the kief, about 12 years ago, I've never had a mold issue.
I pull it apart a couple of times a day like this.
attachment.php

This was from a 1000 fresh cut frozen buds. So if it were dry be about 200 grams. There will be probally 15 grams of hash lol. I should have done a second run because I would have pulled 2/3 of the first run but it would’ve a bit grittier. But I was lazy so too late for that. I only do this for the head. Too much work otherwise.
attachment.php

Getting live resin made would have been anywhere between 30-50 grams but I would have to pay $7 on the return grams.
The reason I mentioned mold was because the breaker popped on my freezer and and the buds thawed out then I refroze.

Ha! I found this in my coffee cabinet, was made during the bomb cyclone last spring. Fantastic stuff!
attachment.php

smallest micron ba in first, then inside that one the next larger one, then inside that one the next larger size, etc, wash rise repeat. been a minute since I've made bubble.........

Heck yes! I've got 2 mini-washers now. I've got 2, 220 mesh zipper bags, and 2, 2 bag sets of the 120, and the 73 mesh. If there's smaller headies that fall thru the 73, I just let them settle. Siphon out as much water as possible, and pour it into a paper coffee filter set in a filterless coffee filter..Sometimes those bottom of the bucket headies are better than the 73. Pretty rare though. The 25 just busts my back so I don't even use it. I make full melt with these set ups. You know.... You've had my hash. You don't need 8 bags to make full melt. It's a scam to get you to spend more money. If I were to need new bags, I'd just go to a screen print supply store, and buy a yard of 120, and a yard of 73, and just bungie cord them over a 5 gallon bucket. Those bags are made in sweat shops in 3rd world countries where there are no child labor laws.... for pennies. I don't want to patronize a company that supports that sort of business. 100% mark up is bad enough. These shysters are marking them up by 1000's of %s!

you are missing out not having a 45u too..just sayin

bush dr 25u is like mud..it willbe ok when it dries out..but 45 /73u etc are way better

coincidenatlly i made some michoacan cbh bubble the other day..still gotta dry

Let us know how the freezer idea works. I've always heard to use alcohol, and a toothbrush though.

sorry, in the bucket, you want the smallest micron bag in the bucket first. inside that one you place the next bigger micron bag, inside that one you put the next bigger micron bag, and so on. does that clarify my earlier post a bit?

Got 2 shiny pennies for ya, my friends.

After a good hash run, I tossed the "spent" buds off the lanaii.
Couple hours later, my dog melted.
I could pour her from hand to hand.
Slept for 2 days and wobbled for another.
That told me that I was wasting resin.

Got a decent bubble yield, >10% by weight.
When I made oil with the same buds, I got >21%, also by weight.
The wee light bulb in me head went "ding".
The capitate glands atop the trichs are only half the goodness.

The moral of the story?
Don't throw out your "spent" buds.

I dry them now and then decarb and extract with 99% Iso to get the sessile glands that the hashing misses.

Or, for a small run, I leave them wet, toss 'em inna pot with a couple sticks of butter and boil it up.
Clean up the butter and make cookies with it. That takes care of the decarb..
Waste not, want not, yah?

'bout time I started posting something useful. :D

Aloha,
Weeze

Imo the ice also takes up a lot of volume. This is why I like to make bubble in the winter when it’s below freezing in the garage.
For all you guys who live around snow, don't forget to utilize it instead of ice.

I have been rinsing powdery mildew from buds with Hydrogen Peroxide. Kills spores, washes off bug poo, and suppresses musty odors.
Worked so well, that now I ad a pint to my ice water for the mash.
Cleanest bubble ever. And the hash smells like, well, hash. :)
DSCF6991.jpg

Got 2 shiny pennies for ya, my friends.

After a good hash run, I tossed the "spent" buds off the lanaii.
Couple hours later, my dog melted.
I could pour her from hand to hand.
Slept for 2 days and wobbled for another.
That told me that I was wasting resin.

Got a decent bubble yield, >10% by weight.
When I made oil with the same buds, I got >21%, also by weight.
The wee light bulb in me head went "ding".
The capitate glands atop the trichs are only half the goodness.

The moral of the story?
Don't throw out your "spent" buds.

I dry them now and then decarb and extract with 99% Iso to get the sessile glands that the hashing misses.

Or, for a small run, I leave them wet, toss 'em inna pot with a couple sticks of butter and boil it up.
Clean up the butter and make cookies with it. That takes care of the decarb..
Waste not, want not, yah?

'bout time I started posting something useful. :D

Aloha,
Weeze

Hey Weezard? Why couldn't you just use wet product with an alcohol wash for oil? I just ran some ECSD bubble, and was thinking about just making some RO with the wet product. I've scoped spent product from making bubble hash, and there is still trichomes present.

Hey Weezard? Why couldn't you just use wet product with an alcohol wash for oil? I just ran some ECSD bubble, and was thinking about just making some RO with the wet product. I've scoped spent product from making bubble hash, and there is still trichomes present.

I could, but I use 99% Iso because the reduction is much easier without all that water and I like to decarb the buds before the wash, yah?

I dry it before I make bubble too.
If I don't the hash gets tarry, sticky, and never seems to dry.
With dry bud The end product is close to perfect.
Call me picky. :)

Aloha,
Weeze

Back