Bubble Bags.

Dankdude

In a cloud of Smoke
Ok I feel stupid since it's been a long time since I made bubble hash, I forget which bag goes in the bucket first.
I have a 5 bag set.
Got about a pound of trim to run and still have 11 plants to go.
Like I said I feel stupid asking the order of the bags.
Help make this painless as possible.
TIA.

bubbleman's purple 25 goes first. then the yellow, red, and blue. i don't know what the numbers are on all of them right now. I never used 5 bags before myself. Really only need 2 imho. That purple bag drains way too slow.

Thanks alabaster, yeah I know the last one drains real slow, but when you want some full melt bubble ya gotta wait. But I'll make that decision when I get finished harvesting. 11 more plants to go.

Bag sow to drain? Shake the bag up and down, 25 drains ok.

I can isolate the best hash by using many bags but I often ended up putting them together after testing and finding not much difference sometimes. So other times I just use the 220 and the 25. Do three passes and done.

I get full melt from the 73, which is yellow. I usually just toss the rest. The zipper bag in the washer is 220, the Blue bag is 220, the red bag is 160, & the Purple is 25. Yeah if, & when I use the purple bag, I do the "spank your baby" thing to drain it faster. Just spank it gently, and it'll drain way quicker. I always use a washing machine. Way back when everyone was using 7 or 8 bags and saying how great it was, I only used the 160, & the 73 bags from Mila, & it was still full melt. Later Pappy's bags, then bubbleman's which are the best built imho. Even though they're made in some pakistani child labor place! Sometimes the 25 isn't really worth it. Seems like I get a lot of contaminants. Other times it's primo. Depends on the strain. The 25 always makes my back hurt. I usually use multiple buckets, and let them settle, siphon the water, and run the bottom of the bucket with the trichomes in it, thru coffee filters inside wally world filterless coffee filters instead of the 25.

How do you use bubble hash efficiently? I make a hash snake. I use a rolling machine. Lay out half of the weed, add the snake, being careful to center it. and top with the rest of the weed, and roll it up. Most times ya gotta doctor the joint with spit so it burns right though. It still rocks! Pipes seem to just melt thru, and clog. Essentially wasting most of it. Sometimes I use my pen, or a glass pipe, a blow torch, and a glass rod, but that's vaping. I still like joints the best for smoking hash though. The good shit will make you forget who you are, what you're doing, and where the feck you are! Scary shit! Or is that just me? Uni? I'm a light weight! Tell'em!

Thanks for bringing the subject up. I need to make both hash and kief. I use the Blue (working bag), purple, yellow and orange. 3 pulls and done. Kief is easy....slam bam thank you mam.....

Sounds like some of us are being lazy lol. I use all the bags and I do two runs on the material. That’s with quality product though. Then I sieve it frozen with a micro plainer onto parchment paper to dry. It’s best to always freeze your trim as soon as possible wet or dry material. Oxidize material is banner. LoL
And if you keep your material fresh in a deep freezer i like to make it when it’s old in the winter. The colder it is the better the quality. And of course RO water and ice.:puffpuffpass:

yut, frozen fresh trim, clean, cold well water and ice from the deep freeze -30ºF. I work three buckets at a time in a rotation that I can't even describe. But it took an hour last time to do 3 runs in the 5 gal bags from getting stuff out to all put away. Dry overnight, 10 grams kief, took a couple minutes to press.

i'm lazy I use a 220 zipper bag, all the trim and ice go inside the bag the bag goes into a small washing machine with more ice, 15 mins wash time then drain into the 25 bag, I do 4 or 5 runs

i'm lazy I use a 220 zipper bag, all the trim and ice go inside the bag the bag goes into a small washing machine with more ice, 15 mins wash time then drain into the 25 bag, I do 4 or 5 runs

Wow! That's a new one! I never heard of putting the ice in the zipper 220. I think I'll try that next time. It makes sense. It would beat up the trim better.

I get full melt from the 73, which is yellow. I usually just toss the rest. The zipper bag in the washer is 220, the Blue bag is 220, the red bag is 160, & the Purple is 25. Yeah if, & when I use the purple bag, I do the "spank your baby" thing to drain it faster. Just spank it gently, and it'll drain way quicker. I always use a washing machine. Way back when everyone was using 7 or 8 bags and saying how great it was, I only used the 160, & the 73 bags from Mila, & it was still full melt. Later Pappy's bags, then bubbleman's which are the best built imho. Even though they're made in some pakistani child labor place! Sometimes the 25 isn't really worth it. Seems like I get a lot of contaminants. Other times it's primo. Depends on the strain. The 25 always makes my back hurt. I usually use multiple buckets, and let them settle, siphon the water, and run the bottom of the bucket with the trichomes in it, thru coffee filters inside wally world filterless coffee filters instead of the 25.

How do you use bubble hash efficiently? I make a hash snake. I use a rolling machine. Lay out half of the weed, add the snake, being careful to center it. and top with the rest of the weed, and roll it up. Most times ya gotta doctor the joint with spit so it burns right though. It still rocks! Pipes seem to just melt thru, and clog. Essentially wasting most of it. Sometimes I use my pen, or a glass pipe, a blow torch, and a glass rod, but that's vaping. I still like joints the best for smoking hash though. The good shit will make you forget who you are, what you're doing, and where the feck you are! Scary shit! Or is that just me? Uni? I'm a light weight! Tell'em!

Yeah I like to roll joints as well with it, it makes already good weed that much better.
I figure once we are finished harvesting, we should have close to 2 - 2 1/2 pounds of trim to work with.
Hopefully I get a good return.
I'll try making a snake out of it, I usually sprinkle it in with the weed.
I'm not making single strain hash, going to mix it all up and enjoy the ride.
It will be a mixture of suicide cheese x NL#5, Uzbeki x 88g13hp, killer Queen, Outkast Blueberry x 88g13hp, DTC99, SkunkxC99.
Should be a rollercoaster ride.

Last edited:
Wow! That's a new one! I never heard of putting the ice in the zipper 220. I think I'll try that next time. It makes sense. It would beat up the trim better.

I tried this. I don't think it worked well the way I make hash. I like to squeeze the 220 zipper bag real good over the washer, before I drain it through the bags. I'm pretty sure it helps to get a lot more trichomes. You really can't give it a good squeezing with ice inside the 220 zipper bag.

Squeezing the bag also adds a lot more impurities. Imo the ice also takes up a lot of volume. This is why I like to make bubble in the winter when it’s below freezing in the garage. You need to have good flow in the bag and the colder you keep the water the better chance of those heads snapping off like they should.

I like to use dry ice and do dry sift. I can smoke it or use it in edibles. I have a couple pounds of trim in the freezer waiting for me to get to it.

Squeezing the bag also adds a lot more impurities.

Are you kidding? Or are you serious? It also really cranks up the trichome yield! If the dried product is in the freezer for only a couple of hours, you don't get impurities. Back in the day when we were lucky enough to get imported hash, it was cut with sheep shit, or some other adulterants. Any bubble hash I've ever made since 2003 has been at least 5x purer than any imported hash I ever had even back in the 70's. Except the Red, & Gold hash oil. But that was in a class of it's own. Besides I'm not a purist. My bubble melts, and fry's my mind beyond recognition.

Are you kidding? Or are you serious?
Dead serious. :woot:
People are a lot more picky these days. It effects the flavor and how smooth it ismore so then how high your going to get. I love the taste of hash as much as the next guy but when you smoke hash that taste like the strain it was made from its impressive. And if you take it a step further and press it into Rosin that is when it really matters.

Interesting. I must have a weak palette. Because in a whole ounce of hash there may be a match head of leaf, and I can't even tell. I'll keep that in mind though. What's left of it anyway. I guess I don't get out much. What hash folks get from me is a gift anyway, so I don't suppose they'd complain about the taste. Idk. I've made it with 2 bags, and 5 bags, and for the life of me, I cant tell any difference. Well maybe when I used 5 bags it was more work. So I may have dripped a bit of sweat into the washer.

Bush Dr. That's funny! Lol! I think it would have been funnier, & appropriate if you'd said shitty hash, instead of lousy though. We rarely had any hash around here. Which is quite the opposite of Europe. When we did manage to get some hash we all thought it was kick ass at the time. Until we started making our own.... way later in life. Then we read the Robert Connell Clarke book, "Hashish". Yeah bucko.... that soapstone you was smoking as a young strapping lad was half sheep shit. And you thought you were so cool. Lol! Then there were those of us that ate it back then too. Makes me sick to think about it. Imported Hash is just like any other illicit drug. It's stepped on to increase profits. God knows what they put in it? From shoe polish to sheep shit.

The Heads willpay good $ for great bubble 35-45 a gram in a legal state. If it’s made into Rosin $55-75 easy but not many people can grow and process well enough to fetch that price. lots of practice. Most of the Industry guys dry in a freeze drying taking out all the drying guess work.
I love all hash though as long as it becomes playable and will cherry. The slow burn in a joint is a favorite of mine.

Back