Blast Off to the Binary System or My 2 Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on the skva fems. A little less than 2 weeks in, I do believe.

Vigor is pretty good, good mix of stretchy and bushy on a lot of them, THICK stems that seem to be holding up well enough so far.

Found one male flower on the lowers of #D, pruned most of the lowers back and will watch closely. Luckily, that was the only male flower thus far.

#A, After topping her a couple weeks into veg, she churned out 4 big tops, reaching for the sky. Thick stems and minimal side branch maturation, most of her lowers were pruned away in part due to this, and also partly because of the risks dealing with femmed seeds and this one will be the hardest to reach once buds start forming.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

#B, this one has 3 large apicles (cloned the 4th), and has good lower branch development. I left the lowers on this pheno for that reason, and also because she will be within reach and easy to prune in case of nanners. Thick stems and large water leaves.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 163
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 162
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 163
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 163
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 164
#C, this one is apicle dominant, slightly larger water leaves (which were already large), and minimal branching.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

#D, this one is stocky with good lower branch development, did find one unsprung male flower and removed most of the far low branches, subsequently. Largest fan leaves. Hope it turns out to be a winner, her shape is very nice.
attachment.php

attachment.php

#E, last but not least. This is the stockiest/hardiest of the group. Strongest stems and medium sized fans. Decent lower production and no sign of ball sacks. Some leaf curl from the heat/fan, but healthy and unremarkable otherwise.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 165
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 170
  • e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 167
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 165
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 170
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 167
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 168
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 164
Unfortunately, as of this morning, right around 2 weeks flower, all plants are throwing male flowers.

Every plant was affected, and I removed all the lower branches leaving only the apicles, and pulled the pollen sacs from the apicles that were affected.

I'm going to give them one more week to see if they want to produce buds and go from there.

I'm not giving up until I see the apicles mature a little longer.

Then, if they're still full on hermi, I'll be giving up. lol

So, I've found progressively fewer and fewer ball sacks as the plants have stopped stretching. I removed all lower growth at the first sign of nanners, and today I didn't find a single new one.

I have about 5% of the lower growth remaining, and had a few lower node calyxes actually shoot out a pollen sac from the center of it...odd.

All 5 look like they want to produce bud, 1 is suspect and not progressing like the others, and most are down to their apicles.

The backups rooted in record time, so I'm saving those and hoping.

2 have stretched massively, 2 are stockier, and 1 is kind of in-between.

They are all well within reach and stretchy enough to easily scour for offending intersex traits.

If everything keeps going the way it's going, I'll have pics in a week.

Well, two weeks after I should have culled them, here I am.

While I scoured them daily for male flowers, they're just insistent on sneaking one by me, three of them are making seed already and I'm afraid they pollinated my table of the white.

Gave them the ol' chop this morning.

Since I'm currently "on one", I decided to pop the last of my Federation Romulan beans and some skunk x g13haze i got back in '09.

I think they were made by Eskobar from somewhat older stock.

Fingers crossed!

attachment.php

Attachments

• thisonce.jpg
    thisonce.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 110
Awesome I am currently seeking some straight Rom myself when I get a little extra time I will read through you thread. I hope they turn out stellar for you and I will deff. be watching this thread.

Best of luck!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5138.jpg
    IMG_5138.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5140.jpg
    IMG_5140.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5085.jpg
    IMG_5085.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5118.jpg
    IMG_5118.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5096.jpg
    IMG_5096.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 75
Valla! Valla! Que hierba tan Hermosa.

Yeah....what he said !!! lol

Thanks guys.

Transition coming soon. Will be shutting down, moving, and starting up somewhere new within 6 months time.

Worried. I'd say hopeful, but that's a given, always hopeful.

---------------

On another note, I'm posting the following here because this grow journal is the closest thing to a diary I've ever had. It's nice to go back and read the shit I wrote +6 years ago. Some might consider this an overshare, but hey, I don't give a fuck.

The end of this month denotes 11 months since I started my diet/exercise program.

I started at 335lbs in late November of last year.

I began skipping breakfast, having a can of tuna fish for lunch, and a reasonable dinner later at night, high protein and lower carb.

Eating dinner late helped me sleep, as I'm the kind of person who is completely unable to sleep if he is hungry. Like, 2-3 hours of sweaty, disquieting sleep which leaves me in a tired, depressed funk through the next day. So dinner is a requirement. I hear of people who eat breakfast and lunch but skip dinner and that is simply not safe for me or whoever has the misfortune of dealing with me the next day.

Here's a shot of me @ around 300lbs (I'm right around 6ft) in February, I'm wearing a XXXL Dodgers hoodie, and I'm filling it out quite well. Almost not enough room in the gut region, happy to squeeze into it, because Mitchell & Ness doesn't make a 4XL in this model, lol.
attachment.php

At around April, I had lost enough weight through diet alone to begin running. I chose running in the hills of South Salem as the barkdust track at the school next door is only 1/8th of a mile and repetition is the enemy of motivation, in my case. It gets very boring circling a small track over and over.

The route I take is 3.5 miles, and has about 600 yards of hills that are literally too steep to bike up. When I first started, I had to walk the steeper hills and slow to shamble when my muscles froze up. It took me about an hour. A couple months of this route every other day and I was able to finish it in 45 minutes.

My knees and shins were on fire from the hard surface striking and once I developed a mental rhythm I was able to hit the track next door. The lethal torpor of circling a track for an hour was alleviated by my breathing control and step count. My knees, ankles, hips, feet, and shins thanked me. I was able to pound out 5 miles 3 times a week and did 3 miles every other day.

Starting in July I stepped things up and attacked my social anxiety as well as my halting progress. I joined up with the local MMA club to resume training that I abandoned in lieu of drug addiction in my 20s.

This was my place, always was. Violence mixed with chemical imbalance. Everyone has their own agenda. Any success you have will squeeze out opportunity for another person. People act nice, but at the same time were out for blood. Reminded me of home. I was on par with their best wrestler right from the start with no catching up required. I was truly becoming content. Sadly, that particular promotion was booted from the dojo and are no more.

A torn intercostal muscle and separated rib later, I was waylaid for 9 weeks and was unable to do any cardio as breathing in caused my rib to open back up. Luckily I stuck to my diet and gained no weight despite not exercising. In time, everything healed and it's been a couple months since I've experienced any pain.

Fast forward to today, I now mix up my routine quite well. I have 3 running routes and use my stationary bike trainer for HiiT training, where you do 30 second intervals of all-out sprinting followed by 30 seconds of normal use to catch your breath. I shaved over 5 minutes per mile off my hill runs and can sprint a half mile in around 3 minutes.

I have 3 sets of clothes that don't fit, I keep buying new ones and losing weight and having to buy new smaller clothing. Here is a pic of me in an adult large, has to be work wear or notable "man" brands because my arms/shoulders don't fit in anything else. Carhartt loves guys built like me. (Sticker left on for verification).
attachment.php

I'm signing up with the new MMA promotion that has filled in the vacancy at the local dojo and am sitting right around 230 at this point. My goal is around 205-210 to be totally cut and be maximally amble. I have self esteem and confidence and in some ways, feel like a new man.

What amazes me most, oddly enough, is that I found pictures of myself from near when I started, and then recently with shiny new cell phone that I hardly know how to use. I'm "allergic" to photographs, I never take them nor let other people take them. The fact I have 2 just 9 months apart is a total anomaly and completely unexpected.

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Health is #1 homie the photos show you've been working hatd! Congrats.

The bus pics are 91 s1 still? Looks dank how's it smell?

Health is #1 homie the photos show you've been working hatd! Congrats.

The bus pics are 91 s1 still? Looks dank how's it smell?

Thank you very much!

The strains in the pics are as follows:

Chem D
Sour Dubb
Katsu Bubba
Katsu Bubba
Gorilla Glue
Golden Pineapple
White Fire
GG4 cross
White Fire
SFV OG

Last edited:
Good stuff B....

I can definitely see the transformation from the pics you posted.

I tried getting into running a few years ago ....then I was introduced to extreme mountain biking and haven't turned back since!

Something about blasting my way through the trails and challenging myself by trying to climb or descend different terrain is just so fulfilling to me...... until the day I fall off a cliff or ledge. lol

Plants are looking stellar too my friend.....:rollj:

great job on the plants, weight loss..and plans

Good stuff B....

I can definitely see the transformation from the pics you posted.

I tried getting into running a few years ago ....then I was introduced to extreme mountain biking and haven't turned back since!

Something about blasting my way through the trails and challenging myself by trying to climb or descend different terrain is just so fulfilling to me...... until the day I fall off a cliff or ledge. lol

Plants are looking stellar too my friend.....:rollj:

Thanks guys.

I actually spend much more time on my bike trainer than running. I only run 2x per week because the pavement is so hard on my leg joints. (Now that school is in session, the track next door is off limits from sun up until sun down).

But I do bike between 400 and 500 miles/month.

My brother does trail riding all over the country, he gave up road biking since he moved to South Carolina where the roads in his city are in shambles.

I might make the switch to MB, too, keep the Bridgestone RB1 on the trainer and use a mountain bike to get around. The tires last sooooo much longer.

Here are the two g13 haze x (haze x skunk).

I think the cross was older g13 haze x fumar con dios.

From eskobar...circa 2008, maybe, possibly a little earlier.

Take this all as apocryphal, if they're worthy of keeping I'll track down someone who knows for sure. Pretty sure I know who that is already.

#1, showed sex the earliest, faster growing, good side branch development, 9 finger leaves, so far. I think this will outgrow my space so I might start strapping her down and thinning her out during the stretch.
attachment.php

#2 took her sweet ass time showing sex. About twice as long as #1. Shorter, fatter, 5-7 finger leaves. I think this one will be containable as long as I get her in there soon.
attachment.php

Hopeful for something nice. :)

I'll get better pics eventually.

Attachments

• g13cross1.jpg
    g13cross1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 142
  • g13cross2.jpg
    g13cross2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.