Blast Off to the Binary System or My 2 Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Life B.

First, this is a congratulatory thread. For my live-in love kitten who, yesterday, smoked legal for the first time.

Second, this is a make-up thread. For jamming out on the MSS in DWC (1st time dealing with powdery mildew).

Luckily, I was able to grab some new gear. Both my old flower tent and veg cab are gone. The tent went to a local needy patient. The cab went into a spacious dumpster, only to be removed by forces unseen. Both served me diligently.

Here is the old veg cab, 46" wide by 20" deep by whogivesacrap how tall it is.

Replaced by the newer model. This pic is several weeks old and the plants are much larger now. It is being powered by a 600w lumatek digital ballast.:

The Sunhut XXL tent. This has three 4'+ tall SSH's that started flowering on the 1st of March. The pictures are kinda old, heres how they looked.

This shot you should be able to see the other bulb better...my 2nd sun. I'm so proud. It is being ventilated by a can 75 filter and a 8" max fan. The tent is being fed air by 2 hydrofarm 6" booster fans. In about a weeks time, they will have inline hepa filter boxes added to them to scrub the air that goes in.

I expect the SSH's will yield exceptionally well while being sandwiched 'tween two kw's. Funny, I have no fans blowing inside the tent to cool the bulbs, and I don't have a single upturned margin. The other plants wrapped around the bulbs are Jack the Ripper, The White, OG Kush Fire cut, Sweettooth (last run), C99, Afgooey, and Deadwood.

Both of my 1kw's are hand-me-downs. One was from a guy whose parents made him dump all the grow stuff he accumulated over the years, the other was by a philanthropic member of another site, who passed the score on to me.

For the summer, I plan to unhook my heaters and run a plug to them so I can operate a larger air conditioner to keep things cool. All, of course, with a little help from my friends.

Last edited:
Here are the flower ballasts. The black one is real swanky, with switches and stuff all over it. The white one is no frills, but performs the same. It seems as if someone has stuck reflective tape all over it. Perhaps to shield its cracked-paint surface from rust, possibly just for style.

Here is my watering hole. It is a 35 gallon Brute trashcan with a Little Giant 1/6 gallon pump attached to a shitty watering wand. I fill her up with 20-25 gallons of Lucas Formula GH flora series nutrients. I add Cal/Mag to every other rez, these monsters drink about 25-30 gallons/wk. In case you don't know, this makes watering a breeze. Mixing and preparing nutrients is very easy too, just make sure you use enough hoe...err, hose, to reach all the way across your grow area.

Here is how they look together, you can see how it works out...

Here is the Lumatek ballast, just to show I wasn't fakin'.

Here is a recent photo of the veg tent. These plants go into the bigger tent to veg wrapped around the 1kw while those lights are on.

Last edited:
Very nice setup LB looks like a dream compared to your old setup, and the ladies are definitely lovin it!:pl::pl::pl:

Thanks for the kind words. I like the convenience of the watering setup, but I'd prefer to use PBP or Flora Nova. If they had longer post-mix shelf life, I'd use them exclusively. When I have more time to mix; every other day per se; I'll switch back.

Here are some up to date shots.

Here are 3 McFlys that started flower on 3/16

A JTR next to a miscolored White mother

Sweettooth on the left, Afgooey on the right

OG Kush Fire on the left, C99 on the right

McFly on the left, Sweettooth on the right

3 SSH monsters, ripening up nicely

The two big 'uns in red cups are McFly, the small one is Deadwood

Here is a shot of the veg cab. I have a mini bench inside which happens to perfectly shelter a clone tray from the 600w. The tray is right in front of a passive air vent, which helps keep the tray cool while being filled with diffuse light.

Last edited:
Mmmm...these trees smell great.

A little update. Babies are getting bigger, the Hazes are exactly 48" each to very top. This is one of the most homogeneous strains I've ever grown. I had 6 last round that were all different heights going into flower, at the end they were exactly the same height--to the centimeter.

In the same breath, I'd like to say that allthough I'm new to the site, I've been online for years. Every little community has it's good points and bad points. This site has far and away enough good points to offset anything negative that may lie in wait. The vigilance some of the members showed in the Hellboy ICU thread was very touching.

The lack of utter bullshit is astounding, very well put together family here.

Now, on with the show.

Lights on/Lights off

A fine C99, A Fire OG Kush Bush, and a giant JTR

Here are some hazes--the furthest along of any of the flowering plants. The resin is beyond sticky--it's an absolute nuisance.

Last edited:
Finally got my cooltube assembly. Just in time too, the weather is having a lil pickup at this point. It'll cool off a little then get sweltering 'round summatime.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alright, been hearing an awful lot of talk about people rockin' the vertical Cool-Tubes. What if heat isn't my problem? You have got it going on there.

Dont know why, but your plants happiness made me think of this ghey ass song. Nice shots-

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3AxCLMT6N8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3AxCLMT6N8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

update

Some weeks have gone by.

Everything is looking big, beautiful and healthy--aside from the McFly. I flowered the McFlys at 24" and they stretched 10". Pretty strange, considering others growers' results. I'm thinking it's just not cut out for vert (or I'm just a huge idiot). Although I'm going to try it again, I'm only going to grow 1 next time, I grew 4 this round and it looks like I'll have to donate my personal smoke to my patients to make up for the loss in yield. I'll only post one pic of it, of the biggest one, the others are too scrawny for me to want to show.

Everything else is wonderful, however, for which I'm very grateful. The hazes are going to yield beautifully, not bad for a notoriously low yielding plant.

During a day of cleaning, I accidentally closed the velcro flap on the cooltube intake while dusting. This prevented air flow to the cooltubes and heated up my tent reeeeeeal gooooood. Some of the plants got a little burned, some were virtually unaffected.

The C99 on the right and a slightly burned Sweettooth

Afghooey on the right, the best McFly on the left (feel free to poke fun).

My hand is holding back a stick on the OG Fire, behind that is the JTR. While I don't have a problem with Subcool strains, I'd like to just grow out the original Jack Herer that JTR came from...maybe soon.

Here are the hazes. HUGE thick nugs, very fragrant and the resin is sticky beyond sticky. They look a little shabby, but that is because they are on the last days of their lives. They are scheduled to come down May 1st-3rd, depending on when I feel is best, and when the can33 arrives. :D

Here is whats on deck. There are a couple Lifebreather NL's (edit: had I remembered that my name on this site was LifeBreather, I wouldn't have gone through the effort to label my eponymous cut.) on the top far right, on the top far left is 2 white pre-teens, in the very middle is a Deadwood (veggin' kinda slow), and flanking the deadwood are my topped McFly's. One will be a mother, the other will go to 12/12 eventually. On the bottom, from left to right, we have OGK Fire, the White, and a Sweettooth--all monsters-in-training.

Last edited:
Haze came down

This is the last of the haze in my garden. For good.

I put it into my rotation and it took a while to find a replacement. I'm glad it's gone honestly.

The yield was OK, I got 450 grams from 3 plants, plus 2.5 oz. of small nugs and 2.7 oz of bubble-worthy trim.

attachment.php

Next to come down will be the McFlys. This is a very resilient plant. Two days after I discovered and fixed the light leak--she started to sprout new growth and thicken up at the rates I was hoping for. She is still stunted, but I think what was going to be a big loss will actually be a nice recovery. Bye bye haze, hello McFly.

Here is my SunHut XXL. I veg in a SunHut L--it is a GREAT tent. Very well made, no light leaks (although it came with a missing tooth in one of the zippers). Now...with the XXL...they needn't have bothered. It's a real POS. I've spent countless hours trying to tape up the light leaks in this thing. A few seams were unraveled outta the box and every single velcro stitch leaks light. I was able to fix the problem, finally, with HEAVY layers of high-performance (yeah right) spray adhesive and some thick black felt. Why I am forced to resort to these measure is just plain unfair--specially after forking over $500 on this thing. I'll need to go over it again a while to make sure there are no "new" leaks.
attachment.php

Well! It has been quite a while since I updated this thread. I guess the grind of consistent updates got to me. I have some new stuff running, and some older pics of what I ran.

Here is the Blackberry Kush from last run:

Note: edited to remove large pics

More to come, soon.

Last edited:
This is a close up of a honey nug I made, double-dipped and still curing:
attachment.php

Here is the last white I grew. Got 6.5 zips off her, not bad for a 3.5 gallon pot.

edit: removed large pics to make thread loading faster

Last edited:
Here is a small project that is underway.

I have 9 OG x West Coast Dog seedlings kicking it. I popped about half the seeds I had (will pop the other half later), a couple fallen soldiers and a couple runts and one with no growth tip left me with nine, and one is too small for TV, so it's absent. That leaves me with eight, pictured below.

Unfortunately, these babies got the tail end of a lot of things and they didn't like it. I had to flush and buy fresh nutes/coco and now they've jumped.
attachment.php

The spots aren't pm.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice pics, LB! You got some solid nugs off that White!
Hope you find some nice females out of them seedlings.
I remember G telling me about them..They should start showing soon,eh?
DB

great show ,really loving the vert cool tubes. what temp of air runs into them ? this is how want to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back