[B]420w Cree cxa 3070 LED grow[/B]

Been awhile cabana

Converted everything over to COB style leds. Cree cxa 3070 and 3590

Grows been good, lots of harvests and everything runs well. Post a few pics but been haveing a hard time using my pad with this site for some reason.

All warm white, bout 450w on this run. A bit overkill, 400w is more than enough. Current run is at 300w and i may leave it at that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 27
What is the area of the space again? and how many lums are the leds ... I keep toasting my plants because the leds do not look as bright as the hps ... :geek:

4 x 2 x 7 gorilla tent

Led lumens per watt changes with how hard i drive them...but generally these ab bin 3070 are about 150l/w

Smaller cab to run through some seeds

Big leds run really softly. Setup like this theres very little heat and 150 l/w plus depending on bin of led.

Power is adjustable between 20w and 160w, something like that. For this small chamber 50w is about right

Illuminati gluttony in here. Gsc x pestilence....two of six smell just like my gsc cut. Of course they are the smaller yielding phenos. I'll post some updated pics in a bit. They chunked up nicely and are pretty frosty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 17
Glad to see you post Pos. It is even better to read that you are doing good and still playing with LEDs figuring out what is working best for you and your area. Lots to learn from you and I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Why do your LEDs seem so much better than the ones on the market?? Where do you buy your LEDs from? I want one in the future lol :bonghit:

Hey positivity,

I hope you're doing great. What kind of grams per watts are you getting? That looks like a full cabinet. How are the buds at the bottom? Are they larfy or solid? The penetration seems pretty crazy.

Realhigh...yup, still working with leds. Working on maxing the g/w right now. Will be lowering the watts per square foot and spreading it over a bigger area. Had to step a bit away from riu for awhile...the led companies were starting to show up obviously pissy...i dont need no drama

Avo...these new leds are spec'd quite a bit higher than the commercial units. Peeps are starting to buy out the inventory though so its hard to get the top LEDS right now. Even the parts like drivers and reflectors are getting challenging to come by. Its possible to put together a light with parts from digikey, mouser, heatsink usa, etc...any questions just ask. Its pretty easy...

Hey hendo...i'm doing well thanks. Hope you are doing well also...nice to see you back posting and growing. The penetration is pretty good. It does get a little larfy if the canopy is too thick like that run above. But...with some defoliation the penetration is really good

I wondered how long before they got pissy about it. Your work is beyond theirs I have to say.
Just counting days now Pos., like I have 122 days to go before I get to grow again. It would be awesome to get some female cuts at that time so I can just start growing as I get my own seed stock germinated and grown. Would love to save the time and start playing with the LED tower, as I know I have a nice learning curve with it.
I sure do hope I do no have to up grade LEDs soon, just hoping all is in a balance distance so what I have will kick butt.

Avo...these new leds are spec'd quite a bit higher than the commercial units. Peeps are starting to buy out the inventory though so its hard to get the top LEDS right now. Even the parts like drivers and reflectors are getting challenging to come by. Its possible to put together a light with parts from digikey, mouser, heatsink usa, etc...any questions just ask. Its pretty easy...

Such a clean unit. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on the market. Love the pictures, man.

Yup the plants look really happy. Good for you, Pos! Thanks for sharing this info.

thought i'd share whats going on lately. Finally found a image resizer that'll work

Lighting up a 4 x 2 area right now with 350w. I settled on mostly white, which is great all on its own, with a little extra stuff mixed in. Just a little of every spectrum the white misses trying to make a fuller spectrum. It has a little something everywhere from 400nm to 670nm. Theres supposedly a "red drop" at 680nm where the light is no longer absorbed. Still, 90% of the light is white light in a good flowering warm white spectrum.

I"m about to double the area soon. 200w for each 2 x4. That should bring the efficiency numbers way up and i won't have to crowd my plants so much. Hopefully eliminating most larf and cutting down on plant numbers to stay as close to state laws as possible

So this is 26 days on a 13/11 flower schedule

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 12
Bodhi heaven mountain pheno i settled on, not sure if shes a keeper yet. Looking much better in the second go around. Really greasy type resin and strong og smell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 4
Chocolope is a new favorite. Friend actually said its the best hes smoked in a few years. The strain was spot on with the description, strong melon and chocolate..

Sorry bout' the blurred pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6
Dna tangie..got a few of her going pheno hunting. Tangerine would be a welcome taste in the stable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 6
Blue dream is a favorite, shes not going anywhere. My few year old soil was whacked, the lighter shade plants were before i reammended with langbeinite and blood/mexican guano. My guess worked out and they have a nice shade of green again. Organics is tough sometimes..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 4
And last my bubba clone, she may be on the way out. Hard to let go with her structure and yield but she dosen't cure out over time as nicely as others

Hope y'all enjoy the led buds...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 10
It is always a pleasure to look and see how you are doing Pos. I cannot wait to get things growing again and play with my setup. I can only hope all looks as good as yours do.

Back