[B]420w Cree cxa 3070 LED grow[/B]

positivity

420w Cree cxa 3070 LED grow

Built another light..last big one. 8 cree cxa 3070, 14 oslon hyper red, and 3 365nm UVA leds.

420w is way above what I need..but I wanted to see what these things can do. Eventually I'm thinking I can grow enough to sustain my meds with just 250w or so. The light can dim down so it can run anywhere between 40w to 420w.

Let's see what leds can do! Going to veg about a week then flower..

1 bubba kush
1 coconut kush
1 peyote purple
1 next gen dynamite (fem)...started mutant but grew out of it a little

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 25
Had to add two fans and a top plate to keep it cool enough..started with just two. Raises temp in tent about three degrees now. Be pretty funny if this thing is still running in five years...maybe 20 years +..lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 19
Big ups positivity, nice work :thumright:

It will be interesting to see how the plants respond. :popcorn:

Seems you can build some nice looking unit's.
Why the UVA LED and not UVB ?

Thanks realhigh

Getting better at it for sure. One of the more enjoyable projects I've ever taken on..with the unavoidable pissed off swearing moments

Why the UVA?

Mostly because it's part of the outdoor light spectrum. UVB turned out to be awesome in my opinion so I'd like to see if UVA can increase the quality even further.
Read a bunch of studies on it and UVA supports a lot of plant functions. See if I can dig up some of the stuff I've been reading..

dayum.... u should be manufacturing these things if they work well... :happy1::happy1::happy1:

It'd be nice to do this kinda stuff for a living..I wish!

But reality is there's a shitload of led companies. And I think sooner or later the big boys like cree and Philips will have their own horti lights and rule them all.

For me right now it's good enough not supporting the current companies. Besides the junk parts they use I can't stand the advertising, lies, know it alls...I'm over it...

I looked up the UVB LED's, and they are expensive, guess I will look up the UVA price.
Where did you purchase yours at ?

The floro tubes do the trick anyways...and they include UVA as part of the spectrum also on the better brands.

Yah the output on UVB leds are really low and the price is really high...they aren't ready for prime time at all.

The UVA leds though...I have been talkin with folk who believe I may be able to get the majority of UVB benefits from UVA.

I'd hold off on them unless you feel like experimenting like me..lol. Could just watch this run and see what unfolds. It will be hard to discern the effects of UVA without doing controlled tests...which I can't do...but I notice as I play with colors and the same strains I eventually pick up on the benefits of the individual colors.

They are expensive...http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMu4Prknbu83y9etrgnft4LUcmDSH4XQJAc=

And these 5w are probably too strong for a close up application. Would need to find a lower power led for that situ

Thanks for the info POS, I was more curious and had to ask for future reference. I for sure will watch you tread water first before I get wet, LOL.

I really think u should patent the led with UVA and UVB lights. It's clever. I don't think I've seen it done by an led company.

Thanks kegs

A few companies got floro UVB bulbs integrated in their lights. California lightworks solarstorm and blackstar got one now too I think..

They don't use the good stuff though..just t8 or compact floro types...not as much output as the HO t5 versions

Once in a while I try and brainstorm new ideas but they always fall short of a patent...lol

The real key about the patent is their is product and theory type, many times I thought at least I had a new twist on it, but theory patent already was filed.
I to have thought of a lot of things, but if one digs deep enough you find it was done already one way or another by some one else. Some times a patent has not been filed yet, but you have to have big money to keep it from the big boy's, they just steal your idea and out last you in court battles. Better just to do things for yourself and use them for yourself. Kudos positivity..

awesome build positive, that thing is a beast!!! those led's are a stealth growers dream.

best of luck with the test run. take care and stay safe

guerilla

Thanks guerilla!

Light is growing them how I was hoping...still early but showing signs of wanting to make some nice colas

End of day 3 12/12

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Next generation dynamite. Popped one fem seed and got a mutant. She grew out of it a little but still weird..showing a little variegation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 4
Thanks realhigh. Hope your project is doing alright..

These new cxas are the real deal. They are working unreal so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 11
Back