[B]420w Cree cxa 3070 LED grow[/B]

A lot of plant growth in the pic's. I think I just stumbled on one other snag last grow, they were clones that where raised in soil, I converted them to the hydro system and wanted some instant growth, did not happen.
Have more growth out of these HB clones I just got going, wow what root mass's. Kinda turned my vegy dome tray into a mini DWC system to cone with this time. They just love it and Great White root powder.... might see a grow this time.

Mainly wanted to pump a different thread up front, but so much talk about LED lights being used to grow MJ, Pos does do it nicely and knows a bit about the LED scene.

Yeah, the LEDs are very capable of good growth, especially in short canopies like your setup.

Try your light again as is and see how it goes. If you have trouble again I'd consider taking out all of the 450nm. All the white LEDs have a 450nm peak. Adding the 450nm is probably giving you a really big spike there on the overall spectrum. I think you would have a easier time switching them out with a white LED.

White and red is a safe bet. White and monos filling in the holes of the spectrum is another. Think 420nm..475nm. The biggest problems I encounter with LEDs is boosting the royal blue too much. Always messes up my plant health somehow. Whether its extended flowering, foxtails, loose buds,...

Just some random observations. By all means try again and see if you can get it to produce vigorous growth. Good luck and have fun with it..

The Blue spectrum is out all day long, it just has a time frame more of it is present, there are natures filters that help this, but that is why when all at once it is to much for that 12hour cycle, and it seemed 12 hours of it in 18 hour vegy cycle was better than blues ON the full 18 hours. Reds help with longer node growth, but the plant uses the blue spectrum, Royal Blue is not the ideal one, but does over lap the blue spectrum, but having equal amount of Dark Blue is the ticket. Just need to find them, or let your white LED provide it.
This HashBerry run has went nicely so far, 18 days into flowering, looking good and have some UV rays on them this time. I really need to make me my Tower multi Timer/controller Power Center. Each LED spectrum driver to it's own timer and corresponding outlet.:puffpuffpass: on.

The Blue spectrum is out all day long, it just has a time frame more of it is present, there are natures filters that help this, but that is why when all at once it is to much for that 12hour cycle, and it seemed 12 hours of it in 18 hour vegy cycle was better than blues ON the full 18 hours. Reds help with longer node growth, but the plant uses the blue spectrum, Royal Blue is not the ideal one, but does over lap the blue spectrum, but having equal amount of Dark Blue is the ticket. Just need to find them, or let your white LED provide it.
This HashBerry run has went nicely so far, 18 days into flowering, looking good and have some UV rays on them this time. I really need to make me my Tower multi Timer/controller Power Center. Each LED spectrum driver to it's own timer and corresponding outlet.:puffpuffpass: on.

:salut:

I love your garden Pa as it is the true results of the usage of multiple of HID lamps.

I find POS. garden just as lovely under the LED lamp set up. Yes the buds or plants may not be a huge, but the cost to power Pos's garden compared to Pa's is a very big difference, but so it is the outcome.

I complain a lot about my slower veg growth, but the tower does grow healthy beautiful plants and I enjoy watching the flower. I have some tweaking to do and adjustments before all is done, but right now it has blended with my crazy life and allowed me to continue to grow.

I just cannot go with the bigger lights and higher heat issues the follow, guess as you get old you tune down your life a and what you do in it.
:puffpuffpass:

Thanks for documenting all the info Pos!! I'm starting to look into LED's to reduce heat and hopefully avoid A/C. But did I see in one of your pics the tent was at 90F? Hope all is going well. Have a good one

digger > I wouldn't doubt it, some of my grows end up around 90f. I've never used ac in a grow. Always figured if 90 is good outside its good inside too. I don't see any noticeable problems indoor until maybe 93+. I just make it at 90

Well a few a/c cooled grows initially (20 years ago) since it was in the bedroom..lol. That was with a 600w hortilux though and a cheap inline fan, the duct type whatever its called. I was still in the 90's with that setup. One of the best buds I ever grew..big ole sweet tooth 3 that reeked of overripe fruits :puffpuffpass:

That grow you saw here was probably a grow where I had monos added in. I tend to push them to the max current so that made for a hotter grow.
They can run really cool, barely heating up, when run at say 50w on a 150w cree 3590. Especially when a fan is on them, heatsink barely warms up.

I wouldn't discount a 315 cmh in a a/c hood. You can match ambient in a proper sized and set up space. Or even a adjustable ballast with the 210w bulb instead of the 315w

Hi Positivity! What are mono's? And how would you go about building a COB set u to light an area .5m^2 and 1m tall. I'm looking into building something where I could possibly keep small plants or flower them out. I can figure out spectrum later but I'd like to know how many COBS say using cree cxb 3590's pushed at what wattage and how do I calculate ppfd? I think I've figured it out, but not sure. Is ppfd the same as lux?

Monochromatic.... One color, like red yellow green. Same theory as hid bulbs with different chemistry and spectrum outputs.
I don't use ppfd, personal choice
You know... There was a time you couldn't buy these so I'd build them. Now there are so many lights that can be bought it really isn't worth the time

My advice is buy it from the source. King brite or shenzen bright on alibaba for parts. Or search cob grow light and take your pick.
Sellers who have been ratting on growers (mostly me) and posting private information include timber, cobkits, plc, ngl, growmaus, welight (cutter). I would avoid those personally

Cobs have been a disease on forums. Sorry to bring this shirt up but it's still going on day after day. They made their reputation now they get to live with it.
Look at my threads and look at their grow logs and postings if your curious. Plain as day copying what I do to sell their stuff

I guess they don't like growers who have better ideas and personality than them. Either way I don't step down to boys

1 meter? 3 feet tall? Just use household led bulbs.... People have had lots of success with those. I really can't recommend anything other than straight from China

Just wanted to say if any of the people that run any forums I participate in are tired of hearing this stuff just give me the word....I would rather a kind notice where I leave humbly and quietly. I don't need to be hazed or ratted out to leave

Last edited:
Monochromatic.... One color, like red yellow green. Same theory as hid bulbs with different chemistry and spectrum outputs.
I don't use ppfd, personal choice
You know... There was a time you couldn't buy these so I'd build them. Now there are so many lights that can be bought it really isn't worth the time

My advice is buy it from the source. King brite or shenzen bright on alibaba for parts. Or search cob grow light and take your pick.
Sellers who have been ratting on growers (mostly me) and posting private information include timber, cobkits, plc, ngl, growmaus, welight (cutter). I would avoid those personally

Cobs have been a disease on forums. Sorry to bring this shirt up but it's still going on day after day. They made their reputation now they get to live with it.
Look at my threads and look at their grow logs and postings if your curious. Plain as day copying what I do to sell their stuff

I guess they don't like growers who have better ideas and personality than them. Either way I don't step down to boys

1 meter? 3 feet tall? Just use household led bulbs.... People have had lots of success with those. I really can't recommend anything other than straight from China

Just wanted to say if any of the people that run any forums I participate in are tired of hearing this stuff just give me the word....I would rather a kind notice where I leave humbly and quietly. I don't need to be hazed or ratted out to leave

This is invaluable information. Thank you Pos!! I might check them out, but I've gathered a lot of info and have some reading to do. I would still rather build one myself because that's what I like to do. I've heard about King bright and thanks for giving me the right name for shenzen. A few threads I've read they called it Shitizen (unless thats another company all together). I havent started resourcing parts yet, but I was told to email that guy Dan at Timber, wont be doing that! Thanks again and yes 1 meter, about 3 ft on the height.

Here are some good threads over at Ic Mag re : household LED bulbs. The second one showcases a fantastic confined space grower. Terpene rocks a small space.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=316097

Thanks midsummer! Looks like you just changed my mind for the better regarding lighting the small space with LED's. And the first COB build will be to replace my badboy T5 sometime down the road. Thank you very much!! :puffpuffpass:

Heliospectra LED

Positivity - hope you are doing well!!
Thanks for links Midsummer.

Another datapoint, a local med grower using these Heliospectra - no idea of cost, was told these were a bit on the pricey side. Out of Switzerland:
https://www.heliospectra.com/led_grow_light_products
Slick website, may have some white papers of interest for background info.

doing okay thanks mre

Helios been around for a while with a professional presence, I hope they succeed. They've probably done as much product testing as anyone instead of relying on customers to do it for them. I have lots of respect for them

Cobs are great. Looking awesome.

My favorite is a mixed spectrum of various color temperature cobs as each has its own benefits and spectral peaks. The mix makes an amazing well balanced full spectrum light. I've had yields over 2 grams per watt easily, and some of the best quality bud. More full genetic expressions for sure.

Do your plants get yellow too early with the reflectors? I find they made the light way too intense unless it was like 3 feet above canopy or farther. Using a par meter and doing many grows as well, I find about 18-24 inches without reflectors is a good distance to canopy. I'm talking about 600w of cob in a 5x5 space though...

Back