A Little Out of My Realm

highgrade

I decided to move back indoor and went with something other than DWC. New learning curves can be fun with the ups and downs you encounter:laugh:

Anyway, decided to build a knock off version of the Ebb&Gro system. Went with 3.5 gal buckets, 4 gal square controller and a remote timer plumbed in 3/4". One thing that bothered me about the store bought systems was the fact you had to get on your hands and knees to set the damn timer and I'm getting old.

Went with 18 buckets on a 4'6"x9'0" footprint for the first run. There will be an identical system/footprint in the same room with a 4 week stagger, give or take a few days. Each system will use 2 XXXL 8" 1000w air cooled hoods.

18 p88 Bubba clones were donated for the test run. They were in the veg room for 2 weeks under 1000w MH on a mover. When they hit 12" they went in the flower room. Ended up with 3 being runts (the clones weren't that big to start with) and thought I'd put them in the middle to maybe catch up. That isn't working out so far.

Since I was trying something new, figured why not add a screen as well and keep the canopy even. Made a frame out of 1" PVC and used some 4x4 concrete reinforcing wire on top. Set the height of the screen so the tallest clone was just touching the bottom.

Here's where I'm at after 14 days 12/12. One of the clones has a problem as far as being tolerable to being trained. It basically has broken 4 times with my attempt of first aid working once. The runts didn't do a whole lot of stretching in the middle, probably should have went to the out side. Not sure about the stretch time on this strain, but it looks like I may be able to fill 80-90% of the screen even with the runts and broken branches.

Oh yea, learned that you have to check real good for the ties around the main stem and remove them once trained:thumright: (see last pic)

Very nice. I recently built one of these systems also, so far I'm loving it. I'm flooding / draining straight coco once a day for 30mins.

I'm not yet ready for a system like this, but I'm locking onto this thread because your work is so tight.

I ran 5 gal DIY ebb and flow buckets for several yrs inside HG , and your setup looks well thought out....... I can see you`ve been round the block a few times with hydro setups....

Shiva......watch out for residual salt buildup with ebb and flow coco buckets.......Semi regular top flushes with 1/2 strength nute solutions will keep yer ph and ppm`s in check though.......

Thanks for the thread and your time.......

Peace....DHF.........

:wave:good luck highgrade.. I'm wishing you a bumper crop. I can totally dig the anxiety of a new system. Great job on the DIY, have confidence man.. if you can assemble that kinda stuff then i'm pretty sure you can handle resevoir changes. Many of the heads here can provide some tech support if you need i'm sure. Hope to see you go all the way and let us know how it went and what kind of kinks you encounter.

....just saving myself a seat for the show. It does look like a nice set-up. Good luck!

Bending is a tough call. When I did a bubba scrog, the snapped areas never caught up even when I taped the stem back together. They became low points. It's a tough one, sometimes they want to bend one way or not another.

This next round, on those toughies, I super cropped those branches and it worked.

Thanks all for the comments!

StoneyPufnstuff

Hope to see you go all the way and let us know how it went and what kind of kinks you encounter.

LOL, there have been plenty since I started the setup. When I got this place there was an issue with the main panel. Only one light in the house worked and zero plugs. Replaced the main breaker and everything came on. After looking at the main panel while replacing the breaker I knew the thing was POS.

While I'm setting things up luckily there was someone in the bedroom (where the main was) and came out and told me there was sparks coming out of the panel. Checked it out and sure as hell there was arcing on one of the busses. Ended up doing what I should have done in the first place after looking at the main.

Ended up using the old panel for a junction box, installing a new 200 amp panel and putting in a new drop from the pole. I wouldn't recommend anyone without electrical experience to put a new drop in. There isn't a breaker between the lines coming into your house and the pole:stop:

There's more I'll post as I go as well as updates for the cycle.

Last edited:
Nice clean work. No fooling around I like it.

attachment.php

Bending is a tough call. When I did a bubba scrog, the snapped areas never caught up even when I taped the stem back together. They became low points. It's a tough one, sometimes they want to bend one way or not another.

This next round, on those toughies, I super cropped those branches and it worked.

Looks like this grow is a combo scrog/super crop since Bubba isn't cooperating:unsure: Been hot the last couple days and without AC temps have been in the upper 80s. Holding off to add the next 18 and 2-1000w until the fog comes back.

21 of 63 days 12/12 and the canopy looks to be 75-85% full even with the runts and breakage. Probably will stop training now and let her go.

NIce clean setup! Damn Im gonna need an electrician....or better yet a newer house. Bubba is lookn good!

Good luck Bro.........hardta squeeze blood out of a turnip , but here`s hopin yas get Bubba ta yield fer yas.....

Peace...DHF.......:d1:.......

Good luck Bro.........hardta squeeze blood out of a turnip , but here`s hopin yas get Bubba ta yield fer yas.....

Peace...DHF.......:d1:.......

LOL, fred! If that isn't an understatement I don't know what is:thumright:

Nada

removage of the fanleafage...

just a wee bit.

Been doing that a little each night.

gangster

NIce clean setup! Damn Im gonna need an electrician....or better yet a newer house. Bubba is lookn good!

Thanks!

Just pushin yer button`s Bro cuz I`ve seen what you`re capable of.......Thanks for the show and your time HG......Can`t wait for this one to unfold..........

Peace.....DHF.......:d1:...........

Just pushin yer button`s Bro cuz I`ve seen what you`re capable of.......Thanks for the show and your time HG......Can`t wait for this one to unfold..........

Peace.....DHF.......:d1:...........

I wasn't exactly pleased with the cuts I was given to try this setup on, but that's what I was handed (probably because their yields were low). Should be firing up the other half of the room soon with Cheese. Again, a strain I have no knowledge of. Give me a couple months to work through some beans of a strain I've been working on and maybe we'll have some fun:dunno:

Day 28 for Bubba and the room's getting crowded since I threw 18 Cheese in for company. Before there was more heat stress I added an AC to the room and one day later the fog rolled in, rained and cooled off to the point it doesn't cycle much now. At least it's there for the next hot spell.

Finished the second setup, got the XXXL 8 hoods hung and wired, vented the AC and moved the Cheese in 3 days ago. Seems to be a better strain for this setup so we'll see what happens. Decided to give the 10" net pots a run verses the bucket in bucket. Saves on washing hydrotron, but looks like it's close to the max # on a 55 gal reservoir.

The room is looking sweet as always.That bubba might have some slow growth but they look quite happy.What nutes are you using in that res.?I think you will love the cheese cuts.The yield will be considerably higher when it comes to the bubba and you will get some stretch out of the cheese but the bubbas buds are more dense than cheese.

The room is looking sweet as always.That bubba might have some slow growth but they look quite happy.What nutes are you using in that res.?I think you will love the cheese cuts.The yield will be considerably higher when it comes to the bubba and you will get some stretch out of the cheese but the bubbas buds are more dense than cheese.

Thanks my friend:D

You know I've always been a light feeder and still am. GH 3 part at a 1-1-1, CalMag @ 5ml per gal, Hydrozyme @ 5ml per gal and a 1-52-31 booster to bring the PPMs to 950. After topping off the PPMs are readjusted (been using 100-150 PPM per day) to maintain the 950. May bump it tonight and see how it works out.

So far with this run I have not had to change the reservoir out and have had no problems. No build up in the barrel, air lines and pump hoses aren't getting the 'slime' on them either.

I can already tell the Cheese will fill the screen. If it weren't for the runts and the branches I snapped off I think the Bubba would have had 100% coverage as well.

Wow, highgrade.Thats a killer setup.Love the way you feed light bro.No res. change is what I'm after.I know sometimes you have to just pay attention to your girls in order to make adjustments but you have everything dialed in and I love the setup.:up:

Back