1200W Semi-Vertical Amnesia Grow

So I got a camera borrowed today...

I hope these pics are more clear..

It's the 5th day 12/12 now, so still about 65 to go...
Harvest around last week of march...

So far my nutrients have worked out great.. Dark green leaves, sharp edges, thinck waxy coat on them... This is how I was thought to recognize plants with good vitality and well performing immune system.

Right now I have a few "Sciaridae" flying around, I have used neem oil in the past with great succes so I gave 1ml/L of neem oil to my plants. This will be done a few times to make them leave (does not kill them I believe...).

They are stretching a bit, but side branches pop out too, so it's going to be christmass with christmass shrubs.... Well I'f I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do then it will have the same color as a x-mas tree but with frost all over...

Anyways, bit too late for something that is harvested closer to easter... No fun spoiler ofcourse...

If you have any questions... Please ask... It makes writing this topic more fun!!!

they should give a good yield ,plenty of branches on them.I look forward to seeing them finish.

what do you about the smell, having an intake bigger than the extraction rates,surely the smell finds its way through any tiny gaps or micro porous areas?

peace Fred the mad as fuck

Thanks Joker...

Yes Fred, there is some smell leaking out. But it's in the corner of the attic, and I keep the whole attic on a lower pressure as I suck fresh air in from right in front of the cabinet.

I vent the warm air under the roof, layers of straw and roofing tiles, so the only place where you will smell the plants is if you enter the attic, and the closer you get to the cab, the more smell...

I used to grow without a filter... But with amnesia you could just smell a hint on the streets, so quit doing that.

But yeah, it does smell... But I have had tons of people directly under my plants, (livingroom), and everybody that does know tells me they only smell it upstairs so I think i'm not going to change a thing.

It's great now, about two weeks of 12/12, and still growing about two inches a day! And it's not just stretching, these plants want to be trees, sad they will never go that far... Trees have other uses :scratch:.

You can see how it slowly fills the gaps, in 2 weeks there are already frosty buds... Usually I see the first glands producing at 19-23 days... It's day 15 now...

What I did obeserve was that my plants really like the soil and nutrients they got so far. I added a little new nutrient every other week to keep nutrients available but overall concentration low. In this way I start with higher nitrogen in the veg period, in preflower I add some more phosphorus to be available in the first weeks of flower to set the buds. Then after a few weeks of flower I still add new nitrogen, but mainly potassium... I know it sounds complicated, but, ehm, if you mess up the soil can deal with a lot of problems...

The biggest amnesia I've grown in these buckets in this cabinet was 228 grams... 8 ounces. I hope to break that with all four of these...

Enjoy the pics!

looking good man,is that cig or joint ash i can see on your last picture?

they look like they love soil too.

peace

I don't think so... I did spray them with neem oil a little to keep the bugs away..

Everything is going according to plan, no complaints from my side..

Cool. It's nice to see someone win the battle. i fought off fungus gnats and thrips this round in all my areas.Thrips gone. Just a few gnats.

I more and more tend to let nature do it's thing... A friend of mine is re-using his soil all the time, he just mixes everything together, even the dirt from other plants, outdoor, indoor doesn't matter. He uses the same manure/nutrients I use. Since about halve a year he has natural populations of killer mites and other beneficial insects.

Now I recycle my leaves, they are absorbed by the soil, slowly, this gives a moist layer on top of the soil too... I did not have the guts to start with that right now, but I might leave all the leaves that fall from my plants alone and see what happens...

One thing is sure, I have not seen any spidermites in a long time...

Another week down, 6 more to go (something like it).

It's day 23 of flower and I'm amazed at what this old girl does... When I say old girl, she's from 93' or 94', she's ugly as a mom, unless you keep her in a big tub, but when you veg/flower her, it's the nicest plant you've ever grown.

I don't have much to say except that it is going exceptionally well, I expect spidermites or something else to happen at any moment now... Although the plants are looking damn healthy... Next run I will add Silicates and see if it makes them even tougher!

Nothing changed in the nutrient department, I gave them some extra molasses to get the soil going right now, the plants love the nutrients that are freed up, so let them have it... Normally it's in the 4th week of flowering (from d21-d23) that the first trichomes appear, and it is this moment that the smell is so bad that when you open the door, the extractor fan is no use in keeping the smell down...

Well, enough said, give me some questions and enjoy the pics!

Well, I'll just post another row of pictures...

I messed up somewhere, I had started flowering Jan 18, so that's 13 days in Jan and now 11 in Feb, that gives 24 or 25 days of flower, depending on how you look at it... But I think my 27 days is right, and I got the start date wrong... Since I think I started flowering on wednesday and not friday... Hmmm Not going to worry about it anymore...

Anyways, it's 4 weeks of flower right now, everything is still very much going according to schedule... I gave them an additional boost on molasses so they should get more micronutrients available... I gave them another nice hit of mearl lime, this to give them enough calcium/magnesium to keep growing...

Here are some pics.

Great thread Kees, so your Amnesia goes about 70 days and is a good yielder, easy to grow? It's got a nice structure to it, do you reckon it'd be good in SOG with minimal vegging?

Yeah it's 63-70 days or 9-10 weeks. It is the best yielding plant I have in my care, I've hit g/w in 63 days multiple times... When you are harvesting you don't think it's such a good harvest, but the buds are so dense and heavy that a small bag weighs a lot... I found out that it has about twice the density of most other buds :smarty:.

She's very easy to grow as it's not a sativa anymore. It's way more indica than you'd think. The plant structure looks like a sativa, but when vegging it has broader leaves, she does grow/stretch quite a lot, moving branches far out, not just up, this is why it's easy to grow, she fills your space with little help.

The finished buds can be either indica looking, or have foxtails if you have a higher N:p ratio. I try to keep foxtailing to a minimum and just get filled buds. My total NPK comes down to about 6-4-7. I add a little ammount of this every week so the EC in the soil should be very low, but still the plants look very healthy !! Thanks to the myco's that are very much alive... My leaves are as green - or greener - as when I used hydro A+B. My buds are growing faster... I'm not sure, yet, but I think I found a very succesful and cheap technique...

It's a very good sogging plant, if I did not have to worry about getting busted I would have used SOG method, not 25/sqm but 9 since I like a little bigger plants, but I know guys that got 700 grams in 9 weeks from 600W of light and NO vegging... Now that's what I call crazy...

Wait till you see the end product... I'll try to make some nice macro's.

Thanks for all the info Kees, and wow, 700g under 600W with no veg! You've definitely got me interested in this strain.

Gee, either you guys don't understand a thing of what I'm saying or it's as clear as daylight...

Little movement in this topic, not complaining... Should I make more pictures ??? What do you guys like to see, this topic is for you guys, not for me, I got the smoke :whacky114: .

What's on your mind Clepter ?

I'm up for anything I can do, and right now that could mean a lot of things hehehe...

I'll make some pics tonight.. I had a lot of yellowing in the leaves, I guess the bugs eat away a lot of nitrogen or they kill my roots... Anyway, it will take my yield down a little, thats sad. Next run I will add a lot of nematodes to kill/keep them under control.

The buds are very nice though and with about 2 weeks left it should still make a big bag of good weed.

Okay so here is the picture update...

Still about two weeks to go and already autumn is falling... But it does not spoil the buds so I'm not worrying.

I'll keep it short, clepter, come in with your thoughts, or anyone else.

If you have any questions... I'm here for that.

Greets from Holland!!! :puffpuffpass:

Back