1200W Semi-Vertical Amnesia Grow

Kees the Mad

Hi people,

I still have to fix my camera, but I could not wait with my plants on that. So that's why I start this topic now.

I started this grow a week ago, when I planted the clones. First of all I will tell you a little about the setup.

The cabinet is about 140x140x250cm inside (just under 5'x5'x8.5').
I'm using a dual 600 system, two Gavita 400V ballasts that use 230V but run 400V horticultural lights. One is hanging vertically in between the plants and the other is suspended above the plants.

For air refreshment I use overpressure, meaning I pump in more air than goes out. This pushes fresh air to all corners instead of sucking it from inlet to exhaust, there is some smell leaking though, but the cab vents off out of the room where it is standing in so my cab is overpressure but the room is underpressure, the room does smell but the next room doesn't.

The only other tech stuff I use right now is a second timer to water my plants as I have to go to the University to study for 5 days and then come back...

I'm using a Canna light mix, this just happened to be so, a friend of mine had some spare bags... I ammended it with bloodmeal, bonemeal, vinasse (dunno the translation, left over when making molasses), chicken manure and mearl.

I tried to stay low in phosphorus to suit the fungae better. I calculated the ammount of phosphorus containing material and I'm very pleased with the results so far. The plants are growing very fast, looking good!

Cultivar I'm growing is the Original Amnesia from hypro that won the cup a number of times. This clone is like "the precious" damn... I can't explain how good it is... You'll see...

I'll keep it short for now, I'll try to make some pics later, when the lights are off... Will be phone pics, but at least some pics.

Happy new year :cheerleader::bonghit::cheerleader:

If you have a question, please ask!

Kees.

Hey Kees welcome to the Island :wave2:

I will be watching
Happy new year
zozo

sounds excellent

is Amnesia basically super silver haze?or is it a different genetic makeup?Everytime i smoke it ,it reminds me of silver haze also.A great smoke allround.

peace

Hi dudes, thanks !!

Amnesia comes back from amnesia haze, that has been crossed with skunk indica to make it a hybrid.

Eventually SSH was crossed with a columbian landrace I believe to make amnesia haze (soma), his male was later used to make this amnesia. It's clone only although seeds are sold, they never seem to have the vigor of the original.

Kees.

It's like a 3-0-30 fertilizer, and yes it's slow release...

They sell it in packs of 4kg at gardening store as organic fertilizer.

Brand name is "Ecostyle", it's a dutch company.

Kees.

The original amnesia??so did it start as an"eletist clone"?if they made seeds out of it that explains why they are never as good as the original,lol.It is common practise in holland to rework other peoples gear and try and make a buck.

i look forward to seeing your grow sounds good.

peace

Now the thing is this.

They have made the same seeds (probably or are able to, i'm very sure) as this elite clone comes from. The thing is that a 10.000 plant selection was possible legally back in 1992, since 1996 growing plants for seeds was no longer allowed.

I have had this clone for about 3-4 years now I think... I grow it 50% of the time... I like variation but still there is nothing like it. It's very strong weed but if you can handle it it's an all-day smoke with a taste you either hate or love (most love it).

Grown properly it's probably the best weed ever... Won the cup 9 times (iirc) back in the 90's.

I added a pic of my setup, if you have any questions about it, please ask...
I think I told most that can be said so far. For more details about well anything... You know.

Greets,

Kees.

Btw, I was a little late on the watering right before this pic, they where hanging down just a little... In this big tubs it doesn't really matter and it should stimulate the fungae to to their part in this story. Especially for them I have a low phosphorus diet... How sweet...

NICE grow kees! nice custom mix to benefit the fungi! I want to see more of the amnesia, I have been very interested in it recently. I see the set up of your equipment and most of it makes sense, but what is the black tube doing that goes from the ceiling to the floor? part of the intake? or exhaust?

The black tube is the inlet, yes. I wanted the fans to be hanging from the ceiling in rubbers, so then I tried to use a circular tube all around the cab with holes punctured on the bottom side, trying to make the cold air fall down, but this didn't work.

Then I abandoned this plan and accepted the small light loss... This configuration does wonders btw, i'm using about 1/4th the ventilation power most people are using, preserving plant made humidity/microclimate but still keeping air filled with CO2.

The cabinet is about 140x140x250cm inside (just under 5'x5'x8.5').
I'm using a dual 600 system, two Gavita 400V ballasts that use 230V but run 400V horticultural lights. One is hanging vertically in between the plants and the other is suspended above the plants.

Are you using only one bulb or two ?
is it 600W ?

thanks
zozo

Thanks Jammaster...

Ezozo, I'm using a dual 600W system. The bulbs/ballasts actually use 630W or something, but this is way less then some magnetic ballasts, but then these ballasts have a higher cos rating meaning you pay for 95% of the power instead of 60-90% of the power when using magnetic ballasts (common ballasts).

Also these ballasts have softstart so they should not be able to be sniffed out on the grid. So in all they use about 20-30% less power compared to new/older magnetic ballasts (not to mention very old ones...). But you pay a little more. I have no clue what the balance is here. I guess I pay more for my power...

BUT, the lights I'm using have 90%+ output after more than a year of usage, so that's something to be happy with. Bulbs go for 50E here, but these are the most expensive around here, so it will be about 100-150$ for a bulb in the US I think.

The ballasts themselves use 230/240V, they then internally convert it so a 400V bulb can be utilized. These bulbs are especially made by philips (greenpower horti) for plant growth and should have a higher photosynthetic active output... I'm not sure about it, as I have no means to check the manufacturers claims.

//I'm using a single 600W suspended vertically right now, but as soon as I switch to bloom I will add the second light hanging normally in a hood over the plants.

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for not updating this so far, I still have to get back to my plants. Have not been there... They are taken care of by my dad... I do know that he is proud about how well they are growing, I'm going back on Tuesday so I'll definately make those pics for you guys!

Kees.

So I finally made those pics...

The plants have grown a lot in the last two weeks. They are about 2ft tall right now and it's a little late already to switch to 12/12. But I want to see how it looks when it's all crowded...

I'm adding some nutrients to the soil right now, to keep nutrients available as the plants will be sucking a lot of nutrients in the coming days/weeks. I'm still keeping to my low fertilization strategy, well not low, I'd like to call it, just enough... More fertilizer won't harm the plant but does not help yield in any way.

The pics are still Iphone cam, so I'm sorry for the bad image quality.. I hope to have my EOS fixed before the end of the grow.

Good thread all looks like its getting ready to blaze.good luck an will attend the finish.LOL
Stay safe,
DnR

For some reason I run my lights when I sleep.

This way I Hardly get a chance to take a look... I woke up and it was dark already for two hours...

I will make some pics with the lights turned off, this will be better for colors. I flipped them over to 12/12 and they are exploding right now, I have to make sure that I don't have then grow into the bulb, that's all...

Back