York Genetics

25 Days. Pulling out some plants for pollinations!

Biker Kush going to F3 . Smells strong spicy/gas/fuel. Very much reminds me of the HAog from a decade ago.
biker kush f2 3 01.pngbiker kush f2 3 02.pngbiker kush f2 3 03.png

Blue Kush … this one smells soo sooo nice! Like this old school blueberry on top of this sourish-kush. It’s not 2024 poly-hybrid loud, it’s 2000s oldschool kind of terp profile. I really really like it!
blue kush f2 15 01.pngblue kush f2 15 02.pngblue kush f2 15 03.pngblue kush f2 15 04.png

Last edited:
Eutierria Wild Cards. I already selected a keeper, but these two are very nice plants as well. Going on some side quests with the wild cards with different males because I think they will pair well together. Of course time will tell.

...Both smell incredible, musky kush on top of sweet orange and gas. Which one would you pick? ;)

Short Eutierria

Tall Eutierria

My Keeper;

(it's easier for me to upload small files here, but if I can't post these links let me know and I'll figure something else out.) :)

Well, not an update I wanted to make but it is what it is...

Sometimes life knocks you down... As cliche as that sounds it really is about getting back up again. These past weeks have been a wild time for me to say the least and it really shows in my garden (which I almost completely walked away from a couple of times these past two weeks.) Time to pull up my socks and turn this around, and show you that you can make mistakes in your garden and still end up producing great flower!

It probably looks 10x worse in my eyes that it actually is... idk?
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 1.25.06 PM.png

If you're interested in what happened, I go into a bit more detail in my YouTube vid. 🙏

If we knew the truth about how many flawless grows everyone has pulled off in their lives, IMHO it would be a small fraction of the overall attempts.

Like people, its only when faced with hardship do we ever really find out how much stamina and resilience plants and people have... "I think" there is a high degree of adversity we can force upon a plant before it really has a negative effect (on the smoke in this case), but for the most part, I think it does the finished product justice to have a struggle or two along the way... OR, is that my personal justification for being "less than a perfect grower" and forgiving myself for being lazy at times?... ha ha!

If we knew the truth about how many flawless grows everyone has pulled off in their lives, IMHO it would be a small fraction of the overall attempts.

Like people, its only when faced with hardship do we ever really find out how much stamina and resilience plants and people have... "I think" there is a high degree of adversity we can force upon a plant before it really has a negative effect (on the smoke in this case), but for the most part, I think it does the finished product justice to have a struggle or two along the way... OR, is that my personal justification for being "less than a perfect grower" and forgiving myself for being lazy at times?... ha ha!

appreciate the kind words! <3 (more than I can express.)

Yeah they're kind of bad but I think if I get in the right headspace it's still a fairly reasonable/do-able turn around. Haven't had a grow go this south in a longgg time (but I've also probably never almost walked away from a grow before...) But yeah I agree with you... things always happen! It's a part of growing, a part of life. And this is one magically resilient weed! ;) 🙏

by the necrosis ..

you may have Russets..

you also should be able to get your seed crop done..

but yeh it probably looks worse to you

Thanks, I'll take another look to be sure. Pretty certain it's just thrips though 😖. They've returned... again... after completely eradicating them. (I've had shit luck with a lot of pro-mix batches lately. Honestly, I had way better SOPs before, and I decided to completely change up my entire grow style the last couple grows, because why not try something (by something I mean everything) completely new while my life is in major turmoil ROFL... It was fun I guess, but I think I'm going to go back to my old SOP's I was using when I was really killing it.)

yeah I'm thinking 2 more weeks or so... Should be able to pull through and keep some seed stock as well.

oh it definitely looks worse to me lmao. Good to know it's just me that feels that way aha.

Thanks, I'll take another look to be sure. Pretty certain it's just thrips though 😖. They've returned... again... after completely eradicating them. (I've had shit luck with a lot of pro-mix batches lately. Honestly, I had way better SOPs before, and I decided to completely change up my entire grow style the last couple grows, because why not try something (by something I mean everything) completely new while my life is in major turmoil ROFL... It was fun I guess, but I think I'm going to go back to my old SOP's I was using when I was really killing it.)

yeah I'm thinking 2 more weeks or so... Should be able to pull through and keep some seed stock as well.

oh it definitely looks worse to me lmao. Good to know it's just me that feels that way ahaI
Hi Danny, under a thread called "thrip control" I posted this paragraph... I don't know if it will help you, but It should knock back the thrips to a point where they are tolerable.

"Before I moved to soil growing, I had problems with thrips via the commercial "grow mediums". The last and most effective way (and safest way ) that I "controlled them" was by taking the clay balls used in hydro systems and putting them in a pail with a lid. I then dumped in a copious amount of diatomaceous earth, I then rolled the pail around dusting the clay balls with the powder. I placed a layer of these balls on the top of my pots right after watering the plants. This makes the bugs crawl over the diatomaceous earth any time they move above the soil surface. It worked quite well, with the exception that I would have to vacuum them off of the soil surface, screen them to remove the excess dirt, and then re-dust them before re-use. Typically, they would last through more than one watering, but it is also another chore that you may not wish to employ... it was however, effective at knocking the hell out of their numbers. If you are near harvest and you don't want to spray, you might wish to try this method... it's fairly cheap, and certainly a safer choice than some others."

Back