Which Mars LED size to get? TS 600/TS 1000

i just ordered another 480w bar stlye light from kingbrite, LM301H and 660nm for a 40"x40" area.
they recently came out with waterproof boards i noticed.

I was looking at it's little brother, but a non bar setup for veg Kingbrite quantum led board qb288 v3 240W lm301h 4000K and 660nm

I am still going to get 2 more LEDs and want 1 specifically for veg. Does the Spider have a higher kelvin rating and that's why it would be better for veg?

Having already tried 2 different lights, this Spider light seems to have the best foot print to..

Specification SF-1000
Spectrum 660-665nm,3000K,5000K, IR 760nm
Par Value 250.43umol/S
Coverage Veg:2.5x2.5ft Flower:2x2ft

This light is a perfect daylight spectrum.. just like having them outside. EX: I can take photos of the plants without any issues with the light on..

And to show it's the light doing it and not the Oxy Pot... here is one in a 3gal felt pot from seed to 2wks old.. started in the 3gal pot, grew a little slower but eventually caught up to the other faster growing pots...

2.0  Day 1 043.jpg

2wk update 013.jpg

All I can go by is my very recent experience with inexpensive LED lighting.. I found these daylight spectrum the best veg growth.. just induced flowering so have more info soon.

I was looking at it's little brother, but a non bar setup for veg Kingbrite quantum led board qb288 v3 240W lm301h 4000K and 660nm
i have 2 of those but also with UV and IR and i'm very happy with them. each is in a 2x4 tent. one i'm vegging in and the other i'm flowering a seed run in.

Ordered the Kingbrite but the debit card said it raised a red flag and to call my bank first. After being on hold for ~40 minutes, I hung up and ordered another Mars Hydro TS 1000 that I was going to get for flower anyway. May as well try it out in veg. I'm sure it will work fine and deal with getting the Kingbrite later.

$126 and gratification within a few days vs $170 and waiting about one month.

Last edited:
The TS1000 is dimmable so it’s OK for veg :thumbsup:
The plan is once I get decent roots on the clones, they will go under the cheapie LEDs for the first 23 days. The ones that say they are the equiv. of 1000 watts but use 40 watts. lol
Then after 23 days they go under the Mars. Do you still think I should dim them the entire time, just for days 24-30 or so, or not at all?

The plan is once I get decent roots on the clones, they will go under the cheapie LEDs for the first 23 days. The ones that say they are the equiv. of 1000 watts but use 40 watts. lol
Then after 23 days they go under the Mars. Do you still think I should dim them the entire time, just for days 24-30 or so, or not at all?

Kingbrite gets ok reviews but it's still a blurple and be better off with daylight spectrum for vegging in.. I almost purchased the Mars TS1000, but after comparing it to both Spider Farmer and HGL panel lights, found out the Mars didn't run the latest greatest Samsung Diodes. All run quantum boards but is actually just a marketing term invented by a light company. Meanwell drivers are the best, all have dimmer switches...

Keep that light at 30" above and you shouldn't need to adjust a thing yet if ever.. they are shipped to operate at their most affective level.. these 125w lights blow away the so called 1000w big time.. I've never had 2wks of growth such as this.. luck

Ordered the Kingbrite but the debit card said it raised a red flag and to call my bank first. After being on hold for ~40 minutes, I hung up and ordered another Mars Hydro TS 1000 that I was going to get for flower anyway. May as well try it out in veg. I'm sure it will work fine and deal with getting the Kingbrite later.

$126 and gratification within a few days vs $170 and waiting about one month.

mine got flagged but got a text message and was able to reply and then resubmit. mine shipped out from china on friday and i got it today.

I am still going to get 2 more LEDs and want 1 specifically for veg. Does the Spider have a higher kelvin rating and that's why it would be better for veg?

The biggest reason I went with the Spider Farmer over the Mars Hydro, and I've owned a smaller Mars before and loved it, but the Spider uses the newest greatest diodes made by Samsung and Mars doesn't.....

I've made 2 changed recently.. Spider light and Air Pots. the veg growth is freaking amazing..

Here is a plant at 26 days old from seed in this setup..
stretching 011.jpg

I've never had this nice of growth before and those were the only 2 changes I've made.. both lights are good lights, but Spider and HGL run the newest diodes and Meanwell drivers..

Hope this helps ya decide.. these little lights kill it while drawing little wattage..

Go to Utube and watch videos on both lights.. both have their goods/bads.. I'd check out HGL also.. luck

i would go kingbrite..there are a lot of others out there china and NA..mars will grown weed though

If you go with Mars, I'd recommend either ts1000 or ts2000. They are amazing vegetative lights for the money. Same with Spider Farmer. I use a ts1000 in a 2x4x4 tent and have zero regrets. The flowering tent is a 240W lm301b quantum board, which is perfect for my 2x4x4 flowering tent.

lol One advantage of the USA is the government organizations often don't enforce the others laws.
(And, they may flaunt it.) :)
It's not the postal service's job to check what you're growing.

Decided I didn't want to wait a month to receive it so I'm going with with the Spider Farmer SF-1000.

Decided I didn't want to wait a month to receive it so I'm going with with the Spider Farmer SF-1000.

That's a pretty good choice. I just got an amazing 240W lm301b panel in under 4 days off Amazon. Check my "House of Funk" thread for pics. It's fucking amazing, makes the ts1000 a joke (ts1000 is still a great veg light imo)

mine have all gotten here in 4-7 days(in stock so no lead time)and i order mine from the rep on instagram.
if there's a lead time it's about 10-14days.
hlg v2 rspec 480w $850 lm301h and 660nm
kingbrite 480w $280-$400 lm301h and epistar or cree xpe2 on the 660nm. plus models with IR and UV

personally i'll take the cheaper price over the visually pleasing. aside from aesthetics, hlg and kingbrite are the same.
for the record i'm in no way affiliated with kingbrite. just happy with the products in same way i am with house and garden nutes.

Back