Which Mars LED size to get? TS 600/TS 1000

Parker

I made my own "tents" in a bedroom. I have a veg tent with mylar. It is 6'8" by 3'4"
Two sets of 4 plants on a pallet under a net. Each net is ~3'4" x 3'4" side by side. Once veg is done. I'll wheel it over to the flower area.
The pallets are 3'6" x 3"4". The rez is also under the netting,slightly sticking out by an inch. Four 5 gal buckets, recirculating.

The plants will go from a cloner to veg. The first 21-24 days a pallet will veg in Spot 1, then move to Spot 2 for another 21-24 days. After 44 days it'll go into flower. Spot 1 and Spot 2 are side by side. I was thinking of getting a Mars 600 for Spot 1 and a 1000 for Spot 2.

As a way to save a little money a 600 and a 1000 vs two 1000? Will that cover enough? I'm thinking the first set will be a smaller area so I can go with the 600 there? Or should I just go with 2 TS 1000s?

The "tent" room is a back 10 x 14 bedroom and the pallets slide into place. The lights stay put.
The 2 light flower tent has a window A/C. The veg tent has a portable A/C and the single light flower tent will switch from window to portable soon, so I wont have to explain why I have 2 window units on in a "storage room". I currently have a 400 with a 6" raptor reflector in the veg tent. The flower tents all run 400 HPS.

Each tent has ducting going through the attic and exhausts into the garage. Needless to say, when it comes time to sell, that room will need some dry wall repair. Attic and the outer walls are all insulated.
growroom.jpg

Last edited:
When it comes time to sell u will need way more then just drywall work as the scent lingers a long time and the molds behind walls we never see is a hidden issuse .
If you can move to basement where spilled water/nute and humidty wont be such a problem .
Nice plans Happy gardening brother.

Just my :2c:

Parker, nice room design and as long as airflow is constant (24/7), humidity problems Pa mentioned may not be an issue...although venting to the garage, you might get condensation there.

BUT, the LEDs you mentioned are designed for 2'x2' coverage. I don't think they would be adequate for your footprint. I'm thinking you need two TS 600's in the veg space and two TS 1000's in the flower space, minimum.

check out kingbrite leds they are from china but they kick ass and a lot less expensive. i have 3 lights from them. a 480watt quantum bar style would work great in the in the 3.9 x 3.4 area and 2 480w quantum bars in the other flower area. in the veg area 2 or 3 240watt either quantum bar or quantum board. if you check out kingbrite and have questions feel free to hit me up.

Parker, nice room design and as long as airflow is constant (24/7), humidity problems Pa mentioned may not be an issue...although venting to the garage, you might get condensation there.

BUT, the LEDs you mentioned are designed for 2'x2' coverage. I don't think they would be adequate for your footprint. I'm thinking you need two TS 600's in the veg space and two TS 1000's in the flower space, minimum.

I wasn't clear enough. Just looking to cover the veg area now with LEDs. That's why I was wishfully thinking one 600 and one 1000. Looks like the 1000 covers a 2.5x2.5 to 3x3

I have a floor fan and a wall fan in each "tent". Plus a floor fan in the open area. And a ceiling fan.

Not much of a problem with humidity. The garage is a converted carport and was not fully closed off. The back door is more of a gate.

Last edited:
When it comes time to sell u will need way more then just drywall work as the scent lingers a long time and the molds behind walls we never see is a hidden issuse .
If you can move to basement where spilled water/nute and humidty wont be such a problem .
Nice plans Happy gardening brother.

Just my :2c:
Thanks for the info.
I took off the old drywall to put up wall insulation and stuck back some inexpensive 1/2" drywall since I figured it would have to be replaced and professional done come sell time.

Humidity isn't much of a problem. Usually ~40%. If it rains it'll go up but I do have a dehumidifier I pull out when that happens.

Last edited:
check out kingbrite leds they are from china but they kick ass and a lot less expensive. i have 3 lights from them. a 480watt quantum bar style would work great in the in the 3.9 x 3.4 area and 2 480w quantum bars in the other flower area. in the veg area 2 or 3 240watt either quantum bar or quantum board. if you check out kingbrite and have questions feel free to hit me up.

I found a link from this forum in another thread for kingbrite and have checked them out. When I do decide to go to LEDs in flower, probably within the year, that's the ones I was looking at.

Hey oldsog can you reccomend a bar or board you think would be sutible for a 2x4 tent for a small breeding project?

Just ordered two Mars Hydro TS 1000 and will get two more in a few weeks. Three for flower and 1 for veg. Already have 2 inexpensive LEDs I use for the first part of veg.
The portable unit in the flower tent cools 2 HPS 400, so three TS 1000 shouldn't be a problem. Both tents get exhausted through the attic and into the garage.

New setupgrowroom.jpg

Last edited:
Consider the Spider Farmer SF1000 for vegging... very nice panel light.. SF2000 for flowering.. the growth on
these daylight spectrum lights is amazing.. here is 2wks under it..

Born 3/13 and 2nd photo is from 3/27

2.0  Day 1 065.jpg

sex 027.jpg

these are water proof and have the ability to dim.. shipped at 75% power they can be turned up later in flower to 125% before a safety switch shuts it down at 129%..

good luck man:prop:

Hey Guy.. that light sounds pretty nice. but looks like it is designed specifically for side or vertical lighting. Be nice
to run 2 in opposite corners of a 4x4 tent..

Foot print of your light is very important and I've found for overhead lighting in a square tent works best with a square
light. check out this Mars Hydro.. https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ts-1000-led-full-spectrum-hydroponic-led-grow-light and just so your well informed.. here is one I considered besides the Mars or Spider Farmer I did buy...

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/...oKS_BkBhhGIFEtCOAInVh6dAKflWHFsoaAnnREALw_wcB

These are all good lights with a medium price range.. :jester:

Hey Guy.. that light sounds pretty nice. but looks like it is designed specifically for side or vertical lighting. Be nice
to run 2 in opposite corners of a 4x4 tent..

Foot print of your light is very important and I've found for overhead lighting in a square tent works best with a square
light. check out this Mars Hydro.. https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ts-1000-led-full-spectrum-hydroponic-led-grow-light and just so your well informed.. here is one I considered besides the Mars or Spider Farmer I did buy...

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/...oKS_BkBhhGIFEtCOAInVh6dAKflWHFsoaAnnREALw_wcB

These are all good lights with a medium price range.. :jester:

i just need something for my clones and babies at the moment. That FLuence Ray would be perfect for that and it's a little less money

Speaking from recent pain - is go with some low powered T5s or even CFL for clones and babies, I have a 100 watt HLG at 4k and even with it cranked up to the top of a 4’ tent, was way too bright. I’m learning to respect what these new LEDs can put out, misleading without the heat And other indicators of HPS

For sure... don't even spend that kind of cash if all you need it for is cuttings and babies...

U want something proven that Pa-Nature turned me onto after commenting on how well his grow

T5 LED... I'm running one for side lighting and the plants lean towards it.. very inexpensive..

and start out with it 2ft above the plants.. My 2ft light was $28

Got two TS1000 today. Fed Ex texted the package was delivered. I went outside and it wasn't there. Called and informed them. Less than 20 minutes later the driver came back with it. He delivered it 1 street north of me. It's happened before which is strange since the street names are completely different. (That same address has a little dog that wandered into my yard a few years back which I returned to them.)

Going to take down a couple 400 hps and set these up later tonite. I'll see how much cooler they run compared to he 400s.

Consider the Spider Farmer SF1000 for vegging... very nice panel light.. SF2000 for flowering.. the growth on
these daylight spectrum lights is amazing.. here is 2wks under it..

Born 3/13 and 2nd photo is from 3/27

these are water proof and have the ability to dim.. shipped at 75% power they can be turned up later in flower to 125% before a safety switch shuts it down at 129%..

good luck man:prop:
I am still going to get 2 more LEDs and want 1 specifically for veg. Does the Spider have a higher kelvin rating and that's why it would be better for veg?

i just ordered another 480w bar stlye light from kingbrite, LM301H and 660nm for a 40"x40" area.
they recently came out with waterproof boards i noticed.

Back