what Nutrient line are you using these days?

[MENTION=3775]still_buzz'n[/MENTION], I'm pretty happy with the way my plants are flowering with AN this round. I'm vegging longer so the plants are bigger going into flower and I'm on the feed, water feed water routine and it's working very very well. Price wise, Heavy 16 is about the same cost, might be a touch more when you figure the price of their Fire ($115 per liter), Prime and Finish, and the fact I'm adding Voodoo Juice and AN Cal Mag to the mix in veg.

the cost of the AN bloom line i use is around $250 for everything i am using, except for the organic molasses and epsom salts.
Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
B52
Voodoo Juice
Big Bud Coco
Cal Mag
Overdrive
Flawless Finish
Sensizym

now if you get the Heavy 16 line, everything except the foliar it's about a hundred bucks more - $360
this isincudes

Heavy 16 Bud A&B
Veg A&B
Prime
Fire
Roots
Finish.

however, i'm still on the fence as to which system to use. The G13hashplant grown with Heavy 16 turned out phenomenally well. The Blueberry Yum Yum has been very very popular with my friends too. although i'm a bit disappointed in the flavor. I'll keep plugging along with both for now. I'm definitely using the Heavy 16 Veg A&B in veg though. Stuff make the plants grow like crazy.

all for the moment.

note: the AN plants i have in flower look fantastic. I'm leaning towards using AN in flower (just the hobbyist line) an Heavy 16 inVeg. Heavy 16 Veg - well the plants grow like crazy. but lush and healthy.

MOP's Back

I am using my own combination of peat soil mixtures and coco coir, vermiculite and perlite started doing that last spring on my first outdoor grow ever last year. Fox farm grow, big bloom, tiger bloom, fox farm cal mag, sledgehammer and bembe anesia seeds mac, barney farms shiskaberry and dozido clonethumbnail_20210929_123636.jpgthumbnail_20210929_123713.jpgthumbnail_20210910_142942.jpg

i use what i have under my hands, actually canna cogr in a ebb&flow rockwool setup, when the bottle will be dead i will be using salt to make my own mix.

thanks for the bump .The An in flower, for me, has been doing very very well, as long as i don't let the pots dry out too much.

i screwed up a touch with the Blueberry Yum Yum and added Flawless Finish a week before harvest/ mad ethe flavor a bit harsh. I'll not be doing that for the next round.

I used Canna for years and was very pleased with the results

I switched to Shogun in May and the improvement in yields and flavour are impressive

[MENTION=3189]Guymandude[/MENTION] - Grand Prix always used AN, he switched in the summer when he discovered the AN nutes were making him ill

making him ill?? Like what? If the plants are flushed properly, I can't see how any nutes would make someone ill.

One shout out I will give is I've been adding Signal by TPS in flower. It's a terpene inhancer or something like that. I really ike the flavors so far.

Tell me about this shogun, [MENTION=3397]Bush Dr[/MENTION]......

There’s some traces left in the plants even after flushing, whatever it was caused his pancreatitis to flare up, he stopped toking for 4 months

Shogun base feed is a 2 part, contains more trace elements than Canna, the PK is 9-18 which seems to make a difference, the bloom boost alone makes the flowers finish better IMHO, the other nutrients they sell I don’t use

This is from the manufacturer

“ Overview
SHOGUN has done it again.

Try this ground-breaking mix of minerals - it's designed specifically for coco.

The kit contains 2 EXCLUSIVE additives you won’t find elsewhere – ‘SmartZen Maximiser’ and ‘AquaZen Slow Water’.

It's unbeatable value, with a dilution rate of just 2 - 4ML per Litre!

With these two unique additives and staggering results, SHOGUN Samurai is the one to beat!

You'll get a complete A + B set – used together they’re a nutrient powerhouse!

We offer a free printed feed chart, too! If you need one, add it to your basket when buying the set of Samurai Coco Nutrient

NPK formula (nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus)
Significant yield boost (6 - 8% better than average formulas)
Astonishing rise of up to 45% in cellular respiration activity
Unbelievable dilution rate of 2 – 4ML per Litre
Enhances aroma and taste of fruit
Radically increases chlorophyll density
Provides greater stomata control
Drives nutrient uptake & assimilation
Speeds up photosynthesis for greater fruit production
Stimulates root growth
Prevents false drain
Regulates rooting and flower development
New, unique formula!
Complete A +B set, including ‘SmartZen Maximiser' and ‘AquaZen Slow Water’

It's not just a rebrand or a clone of a competitor's formula – SHOGUN's latest feed is completely new and based on intensive research. It truly is one of a kind.

Only the best, natural ingredients are used - SHOGUN Samurai has really set the standard. Try it today and watch your plants thrive

SmartZen Maximiser
SmartZen is a brilliant blend of sterols, lignans, tannin, lipids and hydrocarbons that have been modified by microbial action.
Together, they:

Increase photosynthesis
Lower heat stress
Enhance chlorophyll production
Increase nutrient assimilation
Drive enzyme driven processes
Stimulate mitochondria activity (energy driven part of the plant cell)

It took 8 years of research to perfect this formula!

So you always get a consistent product, all ingredients are highly refined.

The result? A staggering yield increase of up to 6 – 8% more than standard NPK formulas!

SmartZen
AquaZen Slow Water
AquaZen improves water's ability to wet your coco, and slows the progress of your nutrient solution to:

Ensure water spreads evenly throughout your coco media
Stop false drain
Improve nutrient transportation and uptake
Reduce nutrient waste
Enable maximum root development

The problem with coco is that if the flow rate of irrigation solution is too high, it can sometimes flow straight across the surface and down the sides of the growing container without wetting the coco fibre properly.

This disrupts the balance of nutrients and water around the roots of your plants.

Not anymore.”

sounds like good shizzz. It's not available in the US though.

I would venture to say there's lots of things that could cause someone's pancreatitus to flare up, .my friend. did he get any kind of bloodwork showing a toxic amount of anything?

Last edited:
Been using GH 10-part with good success in DWC set-up. All the mixing gets to be a drag, but the results are good. To be honest, I picked it from the start because NASA chose it for the ISS. I don't suppose they are growing cannabis up there, but it speaks well to manufacturing consistency and thorough R&D. It has worked so well, I never tried anything else.

Raw Salts for the W!!! Holler at @CustomHydro thats why he is here!!!
Been using GH 10-part with good success in DWC set-up. All the mixing gets to be a drag, but the results are good. To be honest, I picked it from the start because NASA chose it for the ISS. I don't suppose they are growing cannabis up there, but it speaks well to manufacturing consistency and thorough R&D. It has worked so well, I never tried anything else.
sorry I won't use GH. That founding family sold out to Hawthorne Group which is owned by Scotts. i won't do it. hell no

I've known Custom Hydro for well over a decade. He installed my mini split when i lived in Missouri. He's the best kind of people and i have a bunch of his stuff. I tried mixing raw salts. It's wasn[t necessarily for me at the time. I may revisit it.

what i am using these days is this:
AN Sensi Bloom A&B 25 ml's, maybe 20 mls in 2.5 gallon watering cans
B52
Regular Big Bud, not coco big bud
Bud Candy
Signal Terpene enhancer
i may revisit using Bud Factor X soon

I'm thinking i've been overfeeding my flower girls too on some strains. Buds are small and fluffy. A few strains flush clean easily and turn out great while others do not. So I've lowered the feed amount to 20 ml's on the current girls in flower. I want to see how they perform. Being fed daily with runoff.

i have dropped the Flawless Finish. Flushing the coco pots with RO water til the runoff hits 0 ppm has been working beautifully. The smoke is smooth, not harsh at all, and the flavors are wonderful

In veg, I was using Heavy 16. The growth rate with this stuff is ridiculous. However, I was getting very different results in flower between the same strain. So I am vegging the current girls with
AN Sensi Grow coco A&B
B52
molasses
and a couple doses of Voodoo Juice

I can’t agree more with Salts FTW! All of the bottled nutrients are way too expensive for me! Custom Hydro is a great resource and will teach you how to use salts!

I ran GH 3 part the first couple years that I grew. Then I ran Jacks with great results! Then someone said try custom hydro. It’s a little more technical than Jacks but I get a little better results and it’s a little less expensive! However their customer service and technical support kicks ass and that’s what makes them great in my book.

Pics are plants using Custom Hydro recommendations. They have never sent me so much as free tee shirt or any other SWAG but it wouldn’t help if they did. They shine because of their customer service and willingness to help!

IMG_5184.jpegIMG_5185.jpegIMG_5186.jpegIMG_5187.jpegIMG_5183.jpeg

When I'm going salts its h&g aqua flakes. 5 ml a gallon. One shot budxl 2 weeks before chop

One of my best mixes for yrs was 10 ml pureblend pro
1/4tsp advanced bigbud powder
3 ml per gallon calmag plus

It's been yrs so dont know if strength and formula have changed advanced Was always changing strengths for the past 25 yrs

When I'm going salts its h&g aqua flakes. 5 ml a gallon. One shot budxl 2 weeks before chop

One of my best mixes for yrs was 10 ml pureblend pro
1/4tsp advanced bigbud powder
3 ml per gallon calmag plus

It's been yrs so dont know if strength and formula have changed advanced Was always changing strengths for the past 25 yrs
yes you are correct, with the newer ph pefect line that strength lessened a bit so people could feed daily without frying their plants.
I ran the old formula Sensi Bloom with great results. I'm starting to get great results

it seems most things are being geared towards commercial growers with autofeeding systems where the plant is a certain size for the formulation of the nutes...... That's what I gathered from using Heavy 16. i had 2 Hippy Slayer girls, one was vegged a bit longer and was bigger than the other. The end result, feeding the same strength, Heavy was very different for these 2 plants of the same strain.....and I mean VERY different. Different flavor and buzz......

sorry I won't use GH. That founding family sold out to Hawthorne Group which is owned by Scotts. i won't do it. hell no

I've known Custom Hydro for well over a decade. He installed my mini split when i lived in Missouri. He's the best kind of people and i have a bunch of his stuff. I tried mixing raw salts. It's wasn[t necessarily for me at the time. I may revisit it.
That makes sense. My last 2 encounters with Customer support were very cold and corporate. One was just outright rude. That's why I'm cruising this forum. GH just ain't what it used to be. I'm getting good results now, but I suspect corporate cost cutting will hit the product quality eventually.

That makes sense. My last 2 encounters with Customer support were very cold and corporate. One was just outright rude. That's why I'm cruising this forum. GH just ain't what it used to be. I'm getting good results now, but I suspect corporate cost cutting will hit the product quality eventually.
tak; to any hydro store that has to deal with Hawthorne, since they bought Hydrofarm. and they will tell you about the nightmares they've encountered/

running straight up 50/50 blend of perlite ffof and the mills entire line i also do a molasses and great whit myco mix every two weeks or opt for a fish based emulsion for the occasional treat while in veg and when bloom comes i usually drop the emulsion for bud swell and last but not least some sort of enzyme like slf100 or hygrozyme get the job done how ever i have not used the emulsion quiet as much or the enzyme/cleaner and have had almost little to no difference cheers 🤙🍻

Last edited:
I honestly agree that anything from Botanicare is easy and almost impossible to fuck up with!

The 3 people I taught to grow did great outdoors with Botanicare. I have never ran it indoor but I would bet that it would kill it!

All that said FUCK HAWTHORN, SCOTTS, and Monsanto!

Peace

Back