WeT vs dry trimming?

what trim method do you prefer ?

• WET

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • DRY

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wet trim here. Dry was always a PITA. Never understood it.

I like the sound of trimming fans first and then the sugar leaves after the initial dry time.

Those of you that use the Boveda packs, which one do you use? 49%?

I like the sound of trimming fans first and then the sugar leaves after the initial dry time.

I'm going to get some 62% packs

Dry over here. I've never figured out a more efficient way to take down a 12 light plus room - buck fan leaves, get plants hung in a controlled environment, then get your room flipped while it dries, and trim in your free time. I don't run perpetual grows, I prefer to break them down and clean between runs.

Also -I trim way faster dry than wet.it's definitely dependent on not over drying- if you do that, it's a huge pita. You want them not too wet, not too dry when dry trimming.

I have always preferred the final product from dry trimming myself. I just hang the whole plant until the main stems are starting to get snappy then trim. I cut the individual nugs off the stems before trimming and most of the larger leaves just pull off easily leaving only sugar leaves to cut and I find that its easier to clip off the smaller leaves when they are dry. Wet trim seems to leave a lot of half-cut leaves on the bud. I have never found dry trimming dry to be any more difficult and its much more flexible in when I am required to trim. Untrimmed dry buds can be stored for quite a while and seem to retain freshness better than trimmed buds.

As for the hay smell, just like Hela said, its always been part of drying for me no matter how its trimmed. Smells fresh for a few days, smells like hay for a while, then smells like pot as it dries. If it stays smelling like hay its not completely dry or its not good pot.

Both are an equal pita for me, but I trim dry so I don't have to rush it. I do remove fans before hanging to dry.

Always wet trimmed. If I chop off more than can be trimmed before they go limp, or they've gone limp already, I'll stick the stems in water. Sometimes I chop more than I have time to trim, and I'll put the stems in water overnight. They'll regain turgidity.

I use the 62% boveda packs myself,when you take some nugs out they are still a little moist but their perfect after an hour outside the jar.

When I 1st started I was dry trimming and after few grows I tried wet trimming and have been wet trimming ever since...

Back