WeT vs dry trimming?

what trim method do you prefer ?

• WET

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • DRY

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just had this discussion today with the Canna rep & another member here . I have always trimmed wet . Straight off the plant. Cut a branch , trim & hang. Canna rep says he strips all the fans , cuts the whole plant & hangs for 14 days , then trims.

ditto, can't see how dry trim would be anything but a pain...never tried it and ain't throwing stones but I just see how...

I dry trimmed for the first 10 years, moved here, wet trimmed with the wife, and never looked back. It's so much easier IMO/IME. I think it's easier because the leaves are naturally away from the bud, and wet leaf = less mess. I accidentally forgot do the secondary trim on a plant last week, and it was a nightmare afterwards, so I just left it with all the sugar leaf. :p

I used to dry trim but after doing a crop wet I'd never dry trim again. My girl actually does alit of trimming and she gets pissed at me if I dry them first.

I just had this discussion today with the Canna rep & another member here . I have always trimmed wet . Straight off the plant. Cut a branch , trim & hang. Canna rep says he strips all the fans , cuts the whole plant & hangs for 14 days , then trims.

This. But hang for 5-7 days then jar with bovedas.for me wet trim fucks with taste

I've only grown indoors, and I prefer wet.

Trimming dry just sends too much particulate matter into the air, and burns my eyes, nose, and throat.

Wet does, too, but dry is much worse.

being indoor I just have always done it that way - done it by the branch or finish trim on a rack

if I was outdoors and one plant is equal to what I get from my whole room then I would be cutting/de-leafing and hanging like most every other outdoor guy who doesnt use a trimmer

I typically trim dry. But a while ago I think there was another thread like this. Everyone said wet trim.

I have been trying it wet lately and seems about the same to me.

I am kinda like reed man. Wet trim fucks with taste. I had a BB that smelled pretty good before harvest. Decided to try a wet trim and the next day smelled like hay.

I prefer wet while the leaves are still rigid and standing somewhat away from the flowers...Once it is dry it is a huge PITA as the leaves curl into the flowers

I trim all the big stuff (fans, big bud leaves) wet, then do the final trim of the sugar leaves dry. I've tried dry trimming the whole plant and find it a big pain in the ass.

Agreed 180.

I pull every single leaf off that can be pulled from the stem when fresh and turgid, if the stem is buried in a bud it is left until dry then snapped off with scissors. I usually find when dried upside down the base of the petiole often becomes exposed for the trimming.

Big Ricky had a good perspective on wet vs dry IMO. He's a fan of wet trim but insists it is only because the rh in FL is so high that it prevents the bud from drying too fast. Wet trim always speeds things up too much for me which can lead to hay flavor if really bad but almost always reduces aroma and flavor in my experience in dryer climates, ambient rh ~50%. A dry trim preserves trichs, flavor, and aroma so I never cut leaves wet that are near the buds. If I can't pull the whole leaf and stem it stays....to each their own.

I was wondering what people were getting at with the whole wet = hay thing. Why not jar early to prevent quick drying? None of my buds ever smell like hay unless it's genetics.

like other people here, i do both. remove the most noticeable stuff but keep some leaves so the nugz don't dry out too quick. then i do a close manicure trim* and into a jar for burps.

*fwiw, if i were growing more than a hobby garden, i would probably just trim wet.

I take the big fans off as i cut then hang dry for 7 days and do a final trim,then into jars with boveda packs.Ive done it alot of different ways and i think your local weather conditions dictate alot,its very arid low humidity where im at.

I get that hay-planty smell too, notice it on the second day of drying and it usually goes till about the fifth or sixth day out of a week of drying at low humidity. Seems pretty normal to me.

Back