Vac sealer

Nice tips FishmanK ! Appreciate it . Gotsa` few things to learn , but seems easy peasy !!
peace

Rosso hit the nail on the head! When he mentioned pre freezing meat before sealing that's the move. For example sometimes whole prime ribs are on sale for 9.99 a lb or whole filet loins for 12.00 a lb we buy the whole chunks and pretty much every where will slice the meat for you into steaks chops etc. I take my filet loins home and butcher myself I disect and cut out the silver skin like a surgeon. Place the meat in the freezer for just a few hours before sealing to harden the meat and solidify the juices and bam the meat is just excellent even months later.

Lately I have been using the Ziploc brand of vac bags over the foodsaver they seem to be thicker.The also can be used to microwaved or simmered in water plus they are BPA free

High all !
Got a Foodsaver sealer for Christmas . Specifically model FM2100 . Just gettin` ready to try it on some cube steak . Anyone else use this brand/model ? Directions leave a lot to be desired . And yep , it has a port to vac chip bags , zip locs , etc , and a port to do containers and jars . Any help , hints or tips greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
peace

A friend on the site here gave me one for Christmas.. Model V3040 Foodsaver
and it does take some practice to get the hang of it.. I can now tell by the first sound it makes if I've got the plastic aligned properly to suck out the air.. getting better for sure, wife just sealed up on monthly chicken dinners, we do 2 meals at a time to save on the Ziploc plastic... works awesome now.. seals up odors very good too.. :puffpuffpass:

I've had herb that was sent to me double bagged in heavy duty foodsaver bags get confiscated by the postal inspector twice. Don't be disillusioned into believing they will contain odor! Oven bags are the only sure way to contain odor. It may seem to contain the odor at first, but after a short time, the odor will pass right through.

I've had herb that was sent to me double bagged in heavy duty foodsaver bags get confiscated by the postal inspector twice. Don't be disillusioned into believing they will contain odor! Oven bags are the only sure way to contain odor. It may seem to contain the odor at first, but after a short time, the odor will pass right through.

Listen to him... a tiny amount is one thing, you know a bud or 2... but quantity tends to have issues and what we found was, you vac pack it then into one of them oven turkey bags, I think some are green.... vac pack inside this and what I do is allow it to sit on my dresser for a few days then check it..
At least they can't use dogs anymore...

be safe... Carty

P.S. High Alabaster buddy.. :d1:

So....turkey basting bag ( not vacced tight ) , then vac bag (again not vacuumed tight ) . Then just repeat with last vac bag vacuumed ? I`m lost !
peace

dunno guys, I've mailed many a package with a double vac seal bag and the contents were way bigger than a few nugs and have never had an issue...never had any mention of odor either...those game vac bags sure did seem way thicker than a 1 mil. difference...I buy 24 rolls at a time for the discount from food saver, the rolls net out at about 5.50 per...a good price compared to retail...

a member here sent me a sample of what he had grown a few years back and they used a hand pump zip lok machine...the postal employee told me she liked the smell of my mail...lucky I know her and she's cool...I don't like taking chances...:stop:

love the foodsaver. If you use it to reseal chip bags they stay just like the bag was never opened, ya just gotta remember to leave the bags long enough to reseal every time. We use it for resealing just about everything. Buy 10 lbs hamburger, portion it out, seal it up, into the freezer. Same for bacon, sausage, chicken, everything. even portion and freeze sauces..don't forget sous vide!

the food saver bags work great for sealing shit up for a drive across town, but ya gotta use the metalzed anti-static type for secure odor control.. they will get past dogs.. it's worth the investment on a good impulse sealer

Last edited:
Back