Using water hash for edibles?

Dandaweedman

Herbologist
Now that I've made some water hash I would like to make a batch of brownies, or cake, or confetti cake yummm! :eat:

I know it might be tough to do but I would like a guesstimate or a semi-learned idea of how much I would need to use.
I want to feel it for sure but don't want to sit on the couch drooling for 8 hours either.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I had an experience with that and my wife don't let me use hash in edibles now... :(

Watch the doesage. I use 1 g of bud per dose and I have a good tolerance. A half gram is proably more normal. For hash I might try 15-20% of that... So if I added 8 grams to a recipe to have myself eight doses I may try a gram and a half or two grams of hash for eight doses. Try halve a dose first time. Bring a lunch. :kez:

Dan, I've made MANY cookies with water hash. My advice is to substitute butter for whatever kinda oil the recipe suggests. The more butter, the better.

I've had problems with variation among the individual cookies no matter how thoroughly I 'thought' I mixed the batter. The occasional cookie will knock me the fuck out.
I try for .1 g's/cookie. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

It's better to under-cook than over-cook. Nobody likes burnt cookies.

Oh, if you really taste the hash, strongly. You might want to start with half a cookie and work your way up.

Good luck!
A cookie or 2 makes sleep a lot easier for me to come by.:flower:

Standard cookie recipe that calls for 2 sticks of butter, I use 1 gram rosin per stick. Recipe usually produces 36 to 40 cookies, which should give you around 50mg per cookie. That way you can eat two or three per sitting. I eat one choco chip cookie and I need more, can’t eat just one.

Have been making lots of different edibles this past week, candy, cookies, butter, bread loaves, all with different amounts. I’m a everyday/ most of the day user, so 100mg shot is about right for me. Just depends on tolerance and such, hell time of the day. Best to make lots of small dose to start with, then you can get your dosage dialed and go from there.

And like Fred has stated, every now and again, one of whatever you make will f**c you up!

Thanks a million guys. Here I was thinking all of it in a cake.

I'm really trying to avoid the boom, been a lot of years since I ingested hash.
Course this time it will be on purpose. ;)

I'll start light and work my way up.
Once I get the grow back up to snuff I'll start using bud and try edibles in the evening instead of a bunch of joints.
Well, if it works out that way.

For tomorrow I think a small cake with some icing will be in order.

I've had problems with variation among the individual cookies no matter how thoroughly I 'thought' I mixed the batter. The occasional cookie will knock me the fuck out.

In the bread recipes I add the decarbed and ground weed to the oil in the recipe, mix with the wet ingredients, then sift in the dry and mix. Pretty consistent strength and the sifting makes sure the backing soda and powder get thoroughly integrated and not get a bites with baking powder and a flat loaf.

I agree on the taste thing. It’s like eating mushrooms to me.
That’s why I am wanting to use hash. A gram and a half for a 9” x 9” pan? Yes sir!

Fred Garvin - I realize that you were talking about water hash, Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Bad taste, like mushrooms? I don't think so. My wife is very fussy like that and the taste is mild, slightly nutty after the buds are decarbed. Cookies, brownies, just as good. But to each his or her own...

i agree..water hash in baking tastes great[especially with lots of butter] and not over powering

also..making it on the light thc side is prob better..

especially since things tend to taste great and..well..you wanna eat more

not exactly the same as water hash but I use shatter for my edibles. When I decarb the shatter I put it in a small oven proof container ( lab beaker) with a tablespoon or so of coconut oil. Both melt easily and when added to your edible recipe the cannabinoids are dispersed throughout the recipe making it well homogenized.

Nicely put Kazzy.
With Jenna being a soap maker we have no end of coconut oil on hand.
Mentioned I was going to be making a cake and she was happy until I mentioned hash cake ;)
We agree on the taste of bud.

I better make 2. One with and one without.

Seems the jar of weed I was saving has been jacked. Kids these days.
Can I still call them kids at their age? Just have to wait a couple weeks to try decarberating the weed before use.

Dandaweedman: water hash and kief are *usually* around 50-60% THC.

ClearBarbedFunk: dude, your tolerance is super high if you are eating 100mg, and you should take that into consideration when advising people. That amount will get an "edibles novice" high TWENTY times (20 x 5mg). I eat edibles occasionally (maybe every couple weeks), and I find 10mg to be PLENTY.

Keep in mind that your smoking tolerance has little bearing on your edibles tolerance, because when you smoke/vape, you are getting delta-9 THC, but when you eat delta-9 THC, your liver converts it to delta-11 THC, which has a different high and twice the half-life in your bloodstream, meaning the high lasts twice as long.

Dandaweedman: water hash and kief are *usually* around 50-60% THC.

ClearBarbedFunk: dude, your tolerance is super high if you are eating 100mg, and you should take that into consideration when advising people. That amount will get an "edibles novice" high TWENTY times (20 x 5mg). I eat edibles occasionally (maybe every couple weeks), and I find 10mg to be PLENTY.

I dunno, maybe, since I was sick, I had gotten into capsules, and have been eating/drinking edibles now for close to 6 years. Before that I had back surgery and made my own cookies, no idea what dose they were. Ate a lot of those 100mg cheeba chews before they had to lower the dose.

I try all items out on friends, hence different dosing. I use there feedback on what to make. I don’t give anything, weed, hash, edibles, booze to anyone I do t know. I tell everyone what to expect, I don’t recommend 100mg for anyone, but I have a couple friends, men and women that 100mg is what they demand.

Disabled buddy, was using a morphine patch for back pain, prolly for a year or more. 100mg works great for him a couple 3 times a day. Lady friend, eats 10mg 3 times a day, just for maintenance. Numerous friends use at bedtime, there rave over how well they sleep.

Anyway, I don’t think I recommended 100mg to anyone here? And if I did well I’m sorry, that would be outta line for sure.

Anyway, I don’t think I recommended 100mg to anyone here? And if I did well I’m sorry, that would be outta line for sure.

Hey CBF, good on ya for helping people! I think edibles are an awesome way to consume our fave herb.

But the thing that makes people afraid of edibles is overdosing. Peeps are like, "tried edibles once and got SOOO HIGH I was drooling," "couldn't sleep," "got super paranoid," etc. This applies to many of my stoner friends; they tried a couple cookies and got totally wasted, and now they're like "Edibles? No way, man!" Which is a bummer, because sativa edibles are the closest thing to a purely euphoric high that I have ever experienced.

I always tell peeps to go low and slow, take a small dose and wait awhile, FIRST. If someone tries 100mg the first time, they will not be happy.

I put a half ounce of Chemdog 91 SK VA, or whatever, bubble hash into a box batch of 12 cookies once. This was arguably the best bubble I'd ever made, or had experienced anywhere ever. It was way too much. So I warned people to only eat an eighth of one, and do you think they'd listen? Nooooo! They'd have to eat a whole cookie. They'd call me up on the side of the road somewhere, and tell me they had no idea where they were! Some of them accused me of putting a hallucinogen in them. Hash can be hallucinogenic at higher doses, but I never added anything but hash. I'd go with Fred on this, and recommend 0.1 gram per cookie. You should try it in tea first at 0.1 gram to see if it's the dose you want. Then judge from there how much to add. I use Tazo liquid, with milk. 1/2 cup of each. Some Honey to taste. Add the hash, bring to a boil, and when it foams up remove it from the heat. Put it back on the burner after it settles. And repeat 5-6x. This way you'll have some idea what dose is right for you.

Back