Tutorial: DIY Tumbler

sounds like a plan.. i have a bbq motor downstairs... so ill have to get a rubbermaid and give this a try..

Cheers
RBB

So, what's the point of tumbling? You shake all these trichs off, then what about the now less-potent weed you have left? Are you still smoking it? Making hash?

I know that my now-retired drug dealing friend used to sift the bud he'd sell and keep the hash, while at the same time rip off his customers by still selling at or above price.

The tumbler would normally be used on your leftover trim that you dispose of.

Pretty shitty thing to do (your friend). That's not something I have to be concerned with as my grows are for personal use.

So, what's the point of tumbling? You shake all these trichs off, then what about the now less-potent weed you have left? Are you still smoking it? Making hash?

kief - hash = same thing only using different methods to acquire it.
The tumbled trim is useless afterwards. The only usefull purpose I could come up with would be for that compost pile some folks keep out back. Usually folks that have enough trim to tumble or make ice bag hash have plenty of nice healthy nugs to puff on and dont need to smoke "shake" anyways.

Dayum 2dog, you mush have never smoked polm and it's a great use of something your gonna toss. I can't tell you how much trim I tossed before the idea was presented on OG and CW years back. This is not bud, those are savored just as usual.

420Amigo, this is what I was talking about>>

That one there is € 1,100.00, what ever that is in dollars, mongo don't know.:scratch: They claim it will do 3 kilos in one go.

They have several models to choose from including a manual shaker, I've used that one, the polm come out looking like coke on a mirror. Subcool knocked me off my feets first time we ever used it, called me TIMBER for years after ;):rofl:

http://www.pollinator.nl/

Reactions: Boo
Pretty shitty thing to do (your friend). That's not something I have to be concerned with as my grows are for personal use.
Yeah, well, people caught on and he wasn't in the 'biz' for very long. Good thing too, cause the dealing was leading him down some shady paths.

Nope brother Boo, kief has a green color because of plant/leaf material that mixes with the polm. Polm is just the glands removed from the sugarleaf/trim and if your so inclined the bud. The second pic 420Amigo posted is what I'm talking about, the color/shade of white is dependant on the maturety. If harvested early it's almost pure white and can be mistaken for another white powery substance, later it takes on the amber color you see in the pic. The white shit may look like something you may want to snort but be forewarned. I saw an idoit try him a line once, the duid moaned for 3 days as it melted into his sinuses, not a pleasent thing at all.

Think I'll stick with the DIY model.

I'd take what you built over one of those tumblers anyday Amigo.

tommy, I am refering to the tan/beige sift off the buds as keif/polm...the green is chloryphil mixed in with it so the grade if far weaker...

Dont want no green in my kief/polm/hash or whatever else its called.

Wrappin' it up!

I tried this right from Jorge Cervantes book: Marijuana Horticulture...

I put the kief on a piece of cling wrap and folded it in half. I filled an empty bottle with warm water and rolled the bottle over the kief several times. The heat from the bottle helped to bind it all together nicely. I ended up with a little over 2 grams of hash from the trim I would normally throw away. Since I'll be able to use the new tumbler after each harvest, I'd say it was a good return on investment. :teeth:

picture.php

Last edited:
Great idea amigo... Ive also used a similar method to put it all together...

you put it in cellophane from a cigarette wrapper or whatever,,
you then wrap it in like 2-3 layers of WET newspaper.. turn your stove onto medium-low.. and put it in the frying pan... you press on it, with a flipper but make sure you dont burn the paper... your just trying to get the indirect heat to the hash..

pull it out..and presto.. only takes a min or two..

Cheers
RBB

The things we dream up... we must be buzzed to come up with some of these idea's. :friday: :laugh:

Thanks!

Wonder who Jorge got that idea from, that duid couldn't have ever written a book without the help of a bunch of stoners and they have the gaul to call us lazy :2c:

I remember a thread way back where Lothar said he put his in Ciggy wrapper's and then wrapped it in paper and walked around with it in his shoe........................Eh what ever works right ;) :hook:

Hey now, I hope were not going to dirty up my thread with negative stuff. :taunt:
I happen to like the book, and frankly, without it I wouldn't have found the nifty method to press hash along with other good information. :bonghit:
I'll post a follow up after I finally get a chance to sample the treats. :sniff:

Back