The current state of the cannabis market needs to evolve!

In 1999, many breeders seed creators were crying that us hacks were gonna ruin the gene pool, nothing has really changed other then there are more hacks out there. Guys making seed, not all, have never cared about maintaining seedlines. It’s always and will continue to be about money. Most all are just dealing with 10 packs and cuts, not many even grow a 40 seed population.

Why is this, because most of your seed producers don’t and can’t set up a operation to do any real breeding. I haven’t seen more big grows of seed looking for that special plant in the 22 yrs I’ve been growing indoor. All I’ve seen is more seed producers, creating multi hybrids and reversed lines. That has been the only constant that I’ve witnessed.

Extraction is about the only side of cannabis that has actually grown in a positive way, but hey, we had bubble in the day.

Saving and maintaining original, landrace, heirloom seed will only become popular when it becomes profitable. Until then, your gonna Have growers and buyers Continuing to make there purchases on cute names and hype, pretty much how it’s been since the beginning.

Back