The Backroom

Wedding Cake X Apple Fritter
Selection by my buddy @stickyrichy on IG

IMG_6959.jpeg

Very Fritter forward terps. Smells divine but we’ll see how she smokes!

GG4 x SFV OG

IMG_6948.jpeg

Had some intersex traits on her lowers early on but I pulled em off and trudged onward. She may have let loose a little but not sure it was even viable at this point (so I’m probably loaded with beans lol). Definitely an interesting combo of both parents terp wise but the truth is in the bowl. She’s got big shoes to fill as both parents are classics.

You’re not wrong that Gelato and various Cakes are everywhere in the last few years. They tend to be pretty solid Indy leaning hybrids that get large without a lot of effort, have good bag appeal, and often purple up without big temp swings. Tolerance build is medium/high for me but not as much as old Super Skunks and things like GC and Cheese. This one hits the marks as a tasty end of day bowl so she’s still hanging around.

Recently, I got my mitts on an original Wedding Cake cut from a good breeder friend who has held her for a long time and even the pre flowers smell dannnkkkk. Can’t wait to flower her shortly, I’ll post up pics when she’s doing her thing.

You mean selfed the Durban? I’ve tried twice now (both STS) and she hasn’t produced pollen. Copious amounts of flowers but NOTHING lol. I’m gonna try again, and again if needed, to get it done.
How many times did you spray her down? What strength are you mixing the STS? Some strains take multiple applications, over several weeks to drop pollen. Although, some strains will never drop pollen regardless of how many applications.

How many times did you spray her down? What strength are you mixing the STS? Some strains take multiple applications, over several weeks to drop pollen. Although, some strains will never drop pollen regardless of how many applications.
Tried two different approaches, same mix and strength solution, standard formula at 9:1 (H2O:STS). I sprayed once in veg 5 days before flip then twice after which usually works for me. Second time, I sprayed three times in flower over 15 days. She put out a ton of viable looking male flowers both times but never opened up. I’ll get her figured out eventually.

Tried two different approaches, same mix and strength solution, standard formula at 9:1 (H2O:STS). I sprayed once in veg 5 days before flip then twice after which usually works for me. Second time, I sprayed three times in flower over 15 days. She put out a ton of viable looking male flowers both times but never opened up. I’ll get her figured out eventually.
Ditch the 9:1 ratio and go 50/50. Spray 2x/week until pollen drops.

You mean selfed the Durban?
yes..some can be very hard..
I’ll give it a shot, can’t be a worse result than the last two times lol.
maybe try the" less is more” method....I have crosses of it given to me ..I would love to see what it brings on its own

.....it took me 10 years to get any chemo pollen

as Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush sing...

Don't Give Up

Back