The Backroom

Nice! I've heard before of that "CO Durban cut." Perhaps it's the one you hold? I have always shied away from Durban Poison because of its strong Sativa effects (I'm prone to anxiety), but it sounds like you've got a winner there.

There are only two USA outlets listed; one in MI and the other in FL. Searching for online outlets gets you a map of the Pacific Ocean, lol.

I've been using PBP Soil Bloom formula for so long, maybe I should try something new. OTOH, if it ain't broke....

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same, it's been around for at least 8-10 years.

> I also heard that cut isn’t even durban[but is a great cultivar]

my first Durban question is always:

does it smell of STRONG [annoying] licorice3 /anise

What's up kushyman! It does, at least to most people. The odor is very unique and strong AF. It's not fruity, gassy, chemmy, skunky, or citrusy. I get a spicy vanilla effect from it but I'm not going to be a weed sommelier anytime soon lol.

I'll get some pics from the pollen recipient as it flowers and develops seed (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
great news bro...

though of course if its great it doesn’t matter what it's called..

a really potent Durban is a good thing..

I only grew Durban outdoors up here

it was a terrific outdoor plant

"but I'm not going to be a weed sommelier anytime soon lol.”

>...my nose could be better

Super intrigued by the high thcv- I run a lot of long flowering NLDs and that may be what’s in them that I like so much. I’ve had great luck with elitexelite reversal spray for a single treatment reversal at flip. I prefer to work with true males but haven’t had the time or space to hunt through enough of them

Thanks man, having a salaried job made it easier to focus on having fun in the Backroom vs pushing out weight. Only need soooo much headstash and I’ve lost enough legendary moms to know backing up those ladies in seed form is always a worthwhile endeavor. Hopefully they’re viable and stable. :sniff::sniff::sniff:

Yes, that's what they say. I will say that bud is the most energizing product I've ever had that finished in under 10 wks. I don't recall any food fests while imbibing that Durban and I'm generally down for a food fest!

Hey all, nice to see so many great folks still at it. I’ve been swamped but I’m gonna try to get back posting here again. Still pumping out the classics as well as some new phenos from seed I’ve found or friends have come across.

Made a bunch of crosses against a 88G13HP male I found in seeds that barefrog gifted me a while back. Most have turned out solid examples of the moms, the Animal Cookies x 88G13HP in particular are crushing with crazy tire fire terps and serious potency.

IMG_6376.jpeg

Recently popped a bunch of CSI Bubba S1’s and Babu’s and Cannavore Counterfeit Kush F3’s along with my buddy Chunga and another friend to hunt for some coffee Bubba terps. Still miss that Pre98 BK but I’d love to find something that doesn’t need 3 months of veg time to flower!

IMG_6930.jpeg

Running the Cuban Black Haze here as well as some other ones that are new to me like the original Wedding Cake cut and Instant Cookies from ledseedz.

Day 56 here, roughly one million to go:

IMG_6890.jpeg

Gonna be breaking out the STS shortly to get some fem Black Haze pollen. Thinking she’s gotta be an interesting cross with my old Durban cut and some other more modern hybrids that bring the heat.

Lime Heads
Skunktek/meangene bred, hunted by stickyrichy (ig)

IMG_6911.jpeg

Nice to be back! Hope you’re all doing well.

Back