STS Recipe?

I'm in the middle of trying to reverse Purple Urkle. I've sprayed a few more times than recommended and never so any burn so I have been upping the dosage. Right now I am seeing little puff balls 2 weeks into flower with a few spots in those puff balls looking like they will pop out a male flower. I sure hope so. Have you guys seen this happen...female flowers coming first then male flowers coming out of the cluster of calyx's?

at first they can have female flowers but soon seem to go or be hidden with male ones , i just tried reversing the purple urkle , she turned full male but no pollen or none that was worth the hassle . but i was spraying sat plants and should have to the urkle out , i think i fired all the pollen with over spraying ,

It seems some are hard to reverse , but worth the challenge

Million dollar question is did ya S1 that Black Haze?
yup :) made a few hudred , also did a few hundred F1 fems with her using a insane c99 f7 and caseyjones x nycd..ran most of them outdoors over a few years and gave away the rest to people all over the planet, lots a people out there have em..i didnt like the s1s as much as the cut personally, the f1 fems were much better..theres a pic of some 12 footers i grew outdoors from those s1's in my outdoor thread along with pics of a gang of diff phenos from one of the F1 crosses

Hi Cabanna folks, anyone still have some well preserved, friged,dry? seperate parts A &B?

I need it and hear from a chemical co. I need to provide a photocopy of my ID and fill out a
DEA form. I'd rather not give the feds any personal info. Why trust liars and thieves, who cause so much suffering, jailing good folks for herbs, saying it's "narccotics"!!!! BULL!

Plus the silver nitrate is pricey, and each part has to be sent seperatly as haserdous materials, also pricey. My $ is funny until fall, as usual for my outdoor ways. LOL!

I want to make seed backups of my mother plants, in case I loose something, I'll then have backups that are similar, ...technically, seedclones of the mothers, they should be close.

If you have the parts A&B sepetated, Please PM me asap! Peace, Brwin.

P.S. I'm like 2 months behind where I wanted to be by March, so please respond.

Hi Cabanna folks, anyone still have some well preserved, friged,dry? seperate parts A &B?

I need it and hear from a chemical co. I need to provide a photocopy of my ID and fill out a
DEA form. I'd rather not give the feds any personal info. Why trust liars and thieves, who cause so much suffering, jailing good folks for herbs, saying it's "narccotics"!!!! BULL!

Plus the silver nitrate is pricey, and each part has to be sent seperatly as haserdous materials, also pricey. My $ is funny until fall, as usual for my outdoor ways. LOL!

I want to make seed backups of my mother plants, in case I loose something, I'll then have backups that are similar, ...technically, seedclones of the mothers, they should be close.

If you have the parts A&B sepetated, Please PM me asap! Peace, Brwin.

P.S. I'm like 2 months behind where I wanted to be by March, so please respond.

Don't have the mix but just thought I'd let you know that "selfing" your mother plants won't produce replicas of them unless the mothers are completely homozygous at every loci which is highly unlikely. You might get some similar stuff, maybe even something better, but there will be recombination.

Silver Thiosulfate

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S 7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S 7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.
Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

- See more at: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-sc.../silver-thiosulfate.html#sthash.J32uYCH6.dpuf

While this is a formulae that has been used in research protocol; I think I would stick with Country Mon's adjusted formulae and with the adjustment that Oh so green has put in place if you are using a pentahydrate form.

Last edited:
Hello all.... I used to do photography for a hobby many moons ago. I mixed my own chemicals for processing photos. I think the reason allot of you guys are having problems with slow / semi-ineffective STS mixes - is because - the sodium thiosulfate being sold on Ebay is pentahydrate (NOT anhydrous). Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate is weaker than Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous.
It will still work but you need to adjust the amount. The conversion formula is this : multiply the amount by 1.56 to correct it to anhydrous strength. The amount called for above is 2.5 grams. So to convert the pentahydrate to anhydrous strength we take the 2.5 grams (required) x 1.56 which equals 3.9 grams (which is a 64 percent difference in strength) ....ah...ha.....that's a significant difference isn't it. :exactly: Using Part B at 64 percent weaker strength is most likely the reason for the very slow / weak reversals. So if you're using the pentahydrate, use 3.9 grams and I bet you will see a big difference.
Hope this helps someone.......
My mom was right, Math is a very important subject........

You must spread some Manna around before giving it to Ohsogreen again.

great post, thank you sir

Certain states u can buy silver nitrate at a chemical supply place. Sodium thiosulphate is the easy one to get, this info may have changed but last i saw you needed a dea form for the silver...

there were several homemade silver brews sold in spray bottles on ebay two were under 12 dollars, theres a name brand one then the generic knockoffs with good reviews

Certain states u can buy silver nitrate at a chemical supply place. Sodium thiosulphate is the easy one to get, this info may have changed but last i saw you needed a dea form for the silver...

It does not look like you have to do the forms anymore..At least at the sites I visited. I know that the one chemical site used to have you do it, so I think the requirement has gone by the wayside.

Where does one acquire these chemicals...thanks and take care n stay safe.

Amazon has both these for sale. You can calculate how much you need from OhSo's formula above as this is the pentahydrate.

http://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Thiosu...1459382847&sr=8-2&keywords=sodium+thiosulfate

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Nitrat...qid=1459382963&sr=8-7&keywords=silver+nitrate

Well after much trial and error I`m seeing excellent results using Ohsogreens revised formula and Dmans 50/50 mixture...3 applications at one week intervals and this is the result...tried the STS at all 3 recommended strengths and the 50/50mixture is the only one strong enough for full reversal on the AA....thanks for your help Dman...this is day 20 and the he/she is going into my breeding tent soon...take care n stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_4975 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_4975 (1280x960).jpg
    109 KB · Views: 9
You aught to try it on the AA if you have a mind to bro.

That is the AA in the pic Brother Bart...she`s most definitely the hardest strain that I`ve ever tried to reverse...should be lots of testers come spring time, hint,hint! :shh: ,lol...enjoy your day my friend and take care n stay safe.

5 days later and the AA is chalk full of male flowers...in the tent now waiting for some ladies to pollinate.....take care n stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_5069 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_5069 (1280x960).jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 4
except for the odd longer flower taller plant and the very odd micro..

..fem aa off spring are pretty similar

Well I`ve been having a hard time cracking this nut...I usually just take a branch and shake it over the plant that I want to pollinate but this AA is slow to release it`s very limited pollen...I`ve been taking pods and hand pollinating individual plants...any advice on gathering and saving pollen would be greatly appreciated....take care n stay safe

Back