Still at it. Still Keeping it Simple KIS

I also love Biochar but am trying to figure out the right pot size/length of veg for a water only indoor tent grow. I'd love to know if you've found the key? Tad has said 5-7 gallons but I can't rock trees that size.

I also love Biochar but am trying to figure out the right pot size/length of veg for a water only indoor tent grow. I'd love to know if you've found the key? Tad has said 5-7 gallons but I can't rock trees that size.

I haven’t used the biochar but have used the Purple cow, roots, and coast of Maine. I found that the 5-7 gallon fabric pots get them through, I’d buy all 7 gal if I were to do it again.

Hello all.
This is an update.
Although KIS farm moved out of my area I was lucky enough to stock up before the move.
I am still using this same bag mix with ZERO added nutrients.
A few times in the lifetime of the plants I’ll feed a batch of compost tea to the lot.
Otherwise this is the cleanest and best herb I’ve been able to grow - and I’ve been at it!!
Hope you are all growing happy flowers.
-joe

I dig it, I’ve been reammending older soil mixes (purple cow, ocean forest etc…) lately and am super happy with the results. Very few additions over the flowering life and coupled with the addition of blumats my flower tent is basically on auto pilot and the plants are very happy about it. I think the steady water (instead of them drying up now and then) keeps the soil life happy and makes the organic inputs steadily available as well.

Nothing better than keeping things simple. Must see what we can do for finding biochar, around here. Maybe need to make some. Have some of the simple blumats, already, so don't need to go hunting for those.

Welcome back, by the way!

I haven’t used the biochar but have used the Purple cow, roots, and coast of Maine. I found that the 5-7 gallon fabric pots get them through, I’d buy all 7 gal if I were to do it again.
I know this is an old thread but I find the coast of Maine to have low quality peat. What kind of results are people getting with it? Are people typically using it by itself or amending? I build my own soil so I don't have a reference other than just trying it out.

Hello all.
This is an update.
Although KIS farm moved out of my area I was lucky enough to stock up before the move.
I am still using this same bag mix with ZERO added nutrients.
A few times in the lifetime of the plants I’ll feed a batch of compost tea to the lot.
Otherwise this is the cleanest and best herb I’ve been able to grow - and I’ve been at it!!
Hope you are all growing happy flowers.
-joe
I do love the KIS organics stuff. I buy my bulk amendments from them and then mix my own compost and worm castings along with locally purchased peat and aeration.

@KreatnKaos : I have used the CoM Stonington blend straight up, outdoors, and it did nicely in veg, needed some feeding in flower. It's got coir in it as well as peat, composts, a buncha other organic amendments. Usually seems kinda wet outta the bag, but it performs.
Indoors, I use it as an amendment, along with castings, in a pro-mix base. 80% Pro-mix HP, the rest amendments. The Stonington is full of microbes, great stuff. (y)

after decades of mixing dry nutes did the organic thing..........not recipe

just

promix
worm castings
hen pellets
left over coco
kelp
guano

I recycle..so far so good..yeh just water so far ..I should use dry mixable fulvic and aminos and stuff i have but so far no

its pretty easy

after decades of mixing dry nutes did the organic thing..........not recipe

just

promix
worm castings
hen pellets
left over coco
kelp
guano

I recycle..so far so good..yeh just water so far ..I should use dry mixable fulvic and aminos and stuff i have but so far no

its pretty easy
Curious as to ratios for ingredients?!

Back