SourDough Breads

Supriiiise,it's spring seeding time again soon yeaaa....by end of the week the poplar trees and willow bushes will be all green from puting out new leaves....puffpuffff.....
I am not sure if its barley or hard red spring grain they are putting in...either way gonna be fun to watch....
I am sure deer,moose,geese,birds,mice will just love it...still no bear sighting but was told about a sow with 3 cubs 3-4 miles east of me,sooo there is hope for another bear yeaaa....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1315 (2).jpg
    IMG_1315 (2).jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1317 (2).jpg
    IMG_1317 (2).jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 2
What a day...lol....one thing leads to another....cut down the 5 infected tamarracks and burned 3 of them so far yeaaa....to be continued puffpufff....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1320 (2).jpg
    IMG_1320 (2).jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1321 (2).jpg
    IMG_1321 (2).jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 0
Had to bake today as the weather is going warm up even more....baked 4 french and 3 regular breads...:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1336 (2).jpg
    IMG_1336 (2).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1335 (2).jpg
    IMG_1335 (2).jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1
I feel like I'm regressin...seriously f**ked this one up.
I decided to play with a longer, slower rise to allow the sour flavor to develop...an it did. Now I remember, I don't like sour, sourdough. :barf:
Everything else was great, great crust, great crumb...horrid flavor. Chicken food.
attachment.php

Annaba there is a world of difference between regressing and learning...you are learning and atleast you know what you don't like and thats a good thing,no?...lollllll....:puffpuffpass:

Kinda hard to believe but the culture did not spoil by any chance,did it??.....

I don't think so...I think I jus let it ferment too long..but I'm not sure. I did this once before when I first started makin SD to see what sour sough dough was like...same taste, so I already knew I didn't like it...jus forgot till I tasted it, then it all came racin back..oh yeah. :barf:

But I could be wrong...I've been led to believe if your culture spoils, there is no mistakin it, that it's very obvious...but that's jus from what I have read.:dunno:

I gotta learn to do this!!! So f**kin beautiful!
attachment.php

Wow somebody knows their art of baking,if you know this person learn as much as you can from them...

If the culture were spoiled it would have a spoiled kinda smell/aroma.Good culture has a bit of a sweetish smell to it....

Busy celebrating my 72 nd bithday with tea,tokes and tunes pufffpufffff....:slap:

This is my grow in flowering,CherrySlyder,JFT x BMS and the seedlings of back row WhiteKrushxC99 and front is FrostbitexC99.....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1353 (2).jpg
    IMG_1353 (2).jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1354 (2).jpg
    IMG_1354 (2).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanx Doc puffpuffff....28 days to go...

Roasted chicken for lunch,well 3-4 oz....lol...

Its an ugly cold,windy day grrr....was thinnin about mixing soils for my outdoors flowerpots,used to have like 35 of them but I cut down to 10 largest one's sigh....lol....

Attachments

• IMG_1357 (2).jpg
    IMG_1357 (2).jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2
Update on the rooter and it made 3 roots out of 7 in aprox 13 days yeaaa....
My next grow in first week of flower WK in front and FB in the back and a bonus fresh baked bread too puffpuffff....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1414 (2).jpg
    IMG_1414 (2).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1411 (2).jpg
    IMG_1411 (2).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 0
Done with my 2 plants harvest CherrySlyder x ChocoTrip and JFT x BMS the before and after looks...sticky everything including fingers,hmmmmm nice aroma too...lol...puffpuffff...:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1465 (2)_LI.jpg
    IMG_1465 (2)_LI.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1464 (2)_LI.jpg
    IMG_1464 (2)_LI.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1460 (3).jpg
    IMG_1460 (3).jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 8
Looking good GP and they both look nice and chunky...Great job man and thanks for sharing....enjoy the harvest and take care n stay safe.

After 20 days of side by side rooting tests.... 7 cuttings in the pail...... 6 sprouted roots or 86% and of the 8 cube cuttings only 2 sprouted or 25%....water was room temp,added H2O2 to the water,used the Exacto sharp knife(not scissors)to make the cuts...all the cuttings were from the same plants,cut at same time,same day....puffpufff....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1478 (2).jpg
    IMG_1478 (2).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1481 (2).jpg
    IMG_1481 (2).jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanx Annaba,all I had to do is listen to Kazzy's advice about scissor and exacto cutting yeaa and thanx eh?...

This morning I have found 2 more cube cuttings with roots and that would make it 4 out of 8 cuttings or 50% just took bit longer than the aerocloner which got cleaned out for next run...:puffpuffpass:

My patio flowers this summer.....

Attachments

• IMG_1483 (2).jpg
    IMG_1483 (2).jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1
Annaba you must be in love no?..no baking for a month???....geezus....shish....lol....

Bit of update on the last grow of CherrySlyder x ChocoTrip came in at 137 grams or 4.9 oz produced a cerebral high and JFT X BMS came in at 122 grams or 4.3 oz more of a relax,chill and snooze high after 7 days of hanging on the rack in a dark room 30%RH and 18C...
I am aiming for a RHum. of the herb to be aprox 70% in a galon glass jar(burped,checked daily with hygrometter in the jar) before I put'em in a freezer bags and freeze the package for leng term storage,roughly 12-24 month.... :puffpuffpass:

Crazy question?...I use the 70% hydration packs,galon glass jar for short term smoke or use,aprox 3-5 month...What if I were to include one of the hydration pack with herb freeze them and say 2 years from now defrost and use and it should be fresh,no?...close to 65-70% RH....what do you think?...it should work imho....:wizard:

Annaba you sound smooth as honey...lol...yes it came across better,thanx eh?....

EC thanx for the link puffpuffffff....:puffpuffpass:

Annaba the best part is that you know what you changed to get a less than complimentary result in your opinion...the odds are that after having several good bakes,for some crazy reason one goes of the track,every so often....next time...
Practise makes perfect puffpuffff.....

Went to Gxxgle search for humidity,temps etc...for tobacco

Couple of findings:

70 percent??

Habanos S.A., the Cuban government-sanctioned cigar producer of world famous brands like Cohiba, Montecristo and H. Upmann, says its cigars should be stored in a relative humidity of 65 to 70 percent and between 16° and 18° C (60.8° and 64.4° F). A cigar that is too dry will burn hot and taste harsh.

What humidity should pipe tobacco be stored at?

Pipe tobaccos can be stored between 55% RH up to 75% RH for long term preservation. In addition, they should always be kept away from sunlight and in relatively cool temperatures; like wine and cigars. Ultimately, only your own personal preferences can determine the best humidity levels for your pipe tobacco.

CONDITIONS FOR LONG-TERM STORAGE of MJ

The ideal relative humidity (RH) range for storing cannabis is between 55-62%. This range inhibits mould growth, yet guarantees bud quality and resin integrity. A well-balanced moisture content in their immediate atmosphere will keep buds fluffy, aromatic, and potent for months.

With many foodstuffs that are stored long-term, you will see on the label "Store in a cool, dark place." The same goes for cannabis. A cool, temperature-stable area away from light is perfect for storing cannabis long-term. Light degrades THC and warmth will cause mould.

Funny nobody mentions different technics,say freezing or underground burried in soil,to name a few...:puffpuffpass:

Back